Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #3826
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyRider View Post
I know this is off topic, but what issues did you run into using gps software on your phone? I would like to reduce clutter by using one device for multiple things
I am a GPS idiot so keep this in mind. I downloaded GPS essentials and the Dualsportmaps App. The issues I am running into are numerous. The biggest problem I am having is trying to download maps to the phone and pull them up in either app. I tired making tracks in google earth and downloading them into my phone as a .kml file. GPS essentials will not recognize the file. I then tried importing .gpx files I received into the DualSportMaps app and that doesn't work. Says no files found. He says in his thread you can pull them thru email but I can not get that to work either. I have read as much as the thread as I can on the app but feel like I wasted my $20. For that I feel like there should be a users manual. The youtube videos don't help much.

In short, trying to take a trip next week on the trans eastern trail. Can't upload anything to my phone so I can follow it. Have tried several times but wind up getting frustrated and giving up. You may have better luck.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #3827
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
I am a GPS idiot so keep this in mind. I downloaded GPS essentials and the Dualsportmaps App. The issues I am running into are numerous. The biggest problem I am having is trying to download maps to the phone and pull them up in either app. I tired making tracks in google earth and downloading them into my phone as a .kml file. GPS essentials will not recognize the file. I then tried importing .gpx files I received into the DualSportMaps app and that doesn't work. Says no files found. He says in his thread you can pull them thru email but I can not get that to work either. I have read as much as the thread as I can on the app but feel like I wasted my $20. For that I feel like there should be a users manual. The youtube videos don't help much.

In short, trying to take a trip next week on the trans eastern trail. Can't upload anything to my phone so I can follow it. Have tried several times but wind up getting frustrated and giving up. You may have better luck.
WING IT !!!!!!
Just go ride and see where you come out !!!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #3828
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,118
and heaps of gps geeks on the gps part of the forum. there'll probably be specific threads on your exact issues, or just start your own and let the geeks have their wicked way with you

and getting back on topic.... FE570s rule!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #3829
Anders J.
SUPERenduro

Oddometer: 29
Gravel riding in Sweden with my Husaberg FE570. Here´s some film...

Anders J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #3830
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders J. View Post
Gravel riding in Sweden with my Husaberg FE570. Here´s some film...

Looks like Canada

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #3831
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Raising the bar(s?

Even though this is a generic question, I figured this would be the right place as it's for my FE...

My bars are too low. What can I do to raise them? Right now, when I stand I feel I am hunched forwards a little, which is uncomfortable for extended periods - hence I find myself in the seat way too much.

I have (well, had) a set of the Enduro Engineering risers to give me an extra inch, but it seems that when I took my recent wrist breaking fall, I managed to actually bend one of the mounting bolts. Doesn't say much for the quality of bolt supplied does it?

My feeling is I need to raise the bars a good 2" from stock - and I already have the bars rotated to where the bend gives me the most rise. I don't want to go too far and have to deal with extending all the wires and the brake/clutch lines.

Are there any options that will use both holes on the triple clamp for additional strength/stability?

Oh, and only slightly related - switch clusters - can anyone recommend a good left-side cluster that's narrow, but will still have switches for all the usual lights (high/low/off), indicators & horn?
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #3832
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
ch lines.

Are there any options that will use both holes on the triple clamp for additional strength/stability?

Oh, and only slightly related - switch clusters - can anyone recommend a good left-side cluster that's narrow, but will still have switches for all the usual lights (high/low/off), indicators & horn?
Highway dirtbike for 2 bolt bar risers paul will make them to the height you want or make them lower and add in universal spacer type bar risers for adjustment.

What switch cluster are you using? The oem cev units are pretty slim

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #3833
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
Highway dirtbike for 2 bolt bar risers paul will make them to the height you want or make them lower and add in universal spacer type bar risers for adjustment.

What switch cluster are you using? The oem cev units are pretty slim
+1 on both counts.

CEV unit (stock on Euro and OZ bikes, some US ones as well, part numbers were posted here many times) is very narrow and has all the functions except a starter button.

The HDB system is bomb proof as it uses 4x M10 bolts for mounting. I have at least 2" if not 3" of rise and can still use the stock clutch line and throttle cable, just rotate the cable feed to the bottom. Doubles as a submount for a Scotts damper if you eventually install one.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...&ref=KTM_LC010

LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #3834
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,215
I use the RallyRaid billet bar riders with built in Scotts damper mount, very solid piece of kit.

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...r-scott-ohlins

There are also four addition M6 threaded holes on the top clamp should you ever want to bolt on additional gear.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #3835
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possu View Post
I use the RallyRaid billet bar riders with built in Scotts damper mount, very solid piece of kit.

There are also four addition M6 threaded holes on the top clamp should you ever want to bolt on additional gear.
I use the rally raid riser with an hdb topclamp, the riser is very nice and in conjunction with the 3 hole factory clamps works for me, the hdb riser came out about a week after I bought the rallly raid one, in preference i would have gone for the hdb version as even with shipping costs to the uk I think it would have been cheaper than the rally raid bar riser

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
Old 05-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #3836
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possu View Post

Steve and Ian,

Have you guys checked if the RR UK riser has the right damper mount geometry for the Husaberg triple clamps? They have less offset than the 690 ones, which I believe this mount was originally designed for.

An easy way to check is if connecting line of the two M6 damper mounting holes intersects with the centerline of the steering stem. If it's off by more than 1 or 2mm the damper will act progressively and place some additional stress on the seals.

Lukas
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #3837
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
I used a SicAss Racing switch when I plated my FE450. Quality seems to be good.

I also installed their start/kill switch on the right.

For raising the bars, I used a Scotts dampener plus 10mm from an Enduro Engineering riser. I also switched to Motion Pro throttle cables to give me adjustment ability without removing the tank. I got a custom cable that is 1" longer than stock. I wish I had gone 2".
Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #3838
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Steve and Ian,

Have you guys checked if the RR UK riser has the right damper mount geometry for the Husaberg triple clamps? They have less offset than the 690 ones, which I believe this mount was originally designed for.

An easy way to check is if connecting line of the two M6 damper mounting holes intersects with the centerline of the steering stem. If it's off by more than 1 or 2mm the damper will act progressively and place some additional stress on the seals.

Lukas
Hi Lukas, I'm not running a steering damper so haven't checked, when I get my bile back from its annual check up I'll try and remember to have a look

Bw
Ian

away"
Old 05-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #3839
pinevalley
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Even though this is a generic question, I figured this would be the right place as it's for my FE...

My bars are too low. What can I do to raise them? Right now, when I stand I feel I am hunched forwards a little, which is uncomfortable for extended periods - hence I find myself in the seat way too much.

I have (well, had) a set of the Enduro Engineering risers to give me an extra inch, but it seems that when I took my recent wrist breaking fall, I managed to actually bend one of the mounting bolts. Doesn't say much for the quality of bolt supplied does it?

My feeling is I need to raise the bars a good 2" from stock - and I already have the bars rotated to where the bend gives me the most rise. I don't want to go too far and have to deal with extending all the wires and the brake/clutch lines.

H! D! B! Great product. Fantastic customer service.

I might have the part numbers for the switches at home...I'll check.
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #3840
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
I agree with the HDB recommendation. Very happy with his work.

Bike packed and ready to ride a portion of the Trans Eastern Trail up to Hampton, TN tomorrow. Pretty excited.

Some packed pics;

RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote