ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #466
UtahGuido
Beastly Adventurer
 
UtahGuido's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Spine 'O the Wasatch
Oddometer: 4,242
I weighed the thing on a bathroom scales. Put the scales on a motorcycle jack and jacked it up under the bike. 215 lbs (with 3/4 tank of gas).
__________________
The SOP says to skin the cat just so.
UtahGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #467
motu
Loose Pre Unit
 
motu's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 4,324
That's 97.5kg - I weighed my TLR200 at 87kg, that's 191lbs. So the alloy stuff on the TLR200 is worth 10kg or about 25lbs.
motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #468
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
No jetting changes at all, and all 5 pin Chinese CDIs will go right on, eh? That response proves without a shadow of a doubt that you in fact, don't know shit.

Still haven't seen pics of you building a bike, modifying a bike, competing on your bike, posted results, or anything else pard. There's plenty of me and others modifying and competing on Reflex's, but none of you it seems. Just to make this clear - I'm calling you out.
I was surprised when a Taiwan made carb, fitted TLR perfectly, and needed no jetting changes whatever. These carbs are available from Shedworks in the UK, who I understand have sold 100s of them! Chinese 5 pin CDI units need wiring connectors altered to fit the TLR loom, so are not a straight bolt on change like the carbs, but do improve running a great deal over the OE units.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #469
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,067
I was surprised that you think a 122.00 dollar carb plus shipping was cheap. This is cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CARBUR...-/251212050474
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:48 AM   #470
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
I was surprised when a Taiwan made carb, fitted TLR perfectly, and needed no jetting changes whatever. These carbs are available from Shedworks in the UK, who I understand have sold 100s of them! Chinese 5 pin CDI units need wiring connectors altered to fit the TLR loom, so are not a straight bolt on change like the carbs, but do improve running a great deal over the OE units.
Taiwanese carbs, blah blah blah, Chinese CDIs, blah blah blah. We're still waiting for you to step up and prove you are something other than a Troll hiding behind a keyboard.
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #471
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,277
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #472
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,142
Enough already.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #473
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
I was surprised that you think a 122.00 dollar carb plus shipping was cheap. This is cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CARBUR...-/251212050474

Those carbs dont fit the TLR properly, and need the jetting changed to run anywhere near right.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #474
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Taiwanese carbs, blah blah blah, Chinese CDIs, blah blah blah. We're still waiting for you to step up and prove you are something other than a Troll hiding behind a keyboard.
By the look of your TLR, you have little or no interest in trying to make it work better, so cant really see why you are concerned with cheap and effective alterations which improve the bikes tremendously? No problem with that at all, but as the stock bikes are so poor, a fair few owners are interested in improving them, and thats the reason for my outlining a few simple alterations on here.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:58 AM   #475
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Those carbs dont fit the TLR properly, and need the jetting changed to run anywhere near right.
`There is no real need to alter the head angle if you are riding easier events..............essentially an Ebay Mikuni pit bike carb, modified stock air box, and a less restrictive exhaust will make a great deal of difference to a stock bike, and cost less than a pair of new tyres.`
This was a Twinshocker quote from last year. He has changed from ebay to a reputable source in the uk. But cheap, no.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #476
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
Enough already.
No worries, almost done.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
By the look of your TLR, you have little or no interest in trying to make it work better, so cant really see why you are concerned with cheap and effective alterations which improve the bikes tremendously? No problem with that at all, but as the stock bikes are so poor, a fair few owners are interested in improving them, and thats the reason for my outlining a few simple alterations on here.
Still no pics or proof of your abilities, but another cheap shot lobbed at my expense, eh? I think I (or more to the point YOU) have proved my point. Good job.


Methinks I'll go ride my bike today since it, you know, runs and exists and all. I've grown weary of letting this Troll get under my skin, so it's time for some Cycletherapy that only true members of The Dark Side can enjoy.



NOW I'm done, Nev.
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #477
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
`There is no real need to alter the head angle if you are riding easier events..............essentially an Ebay Mikuni pit bike carb, modified stock air box, and a less restrictive exhaust will make a great deal of difference to a stock bike, and cost less than a pair of new tyres.`
This was a Twinshocker quote from last year. He has changed from ebay to a reputable source in the uk. But cheap, no.
The Taiwan carbs are available from Ebay, and I think cost something like $27. But those sold by Paul are 100% guaranteed to work properly, so for most people the Shedworks carb is the one to choose.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #478
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
No worries, almost done.






Still no pics or proof of your abilities, but another cheap shot lobbed at my expense, eh? I think I (or more to the point YOU) have proved my point. Good job.


Methinks I'll go ride my bike today since it, you know, runs and exists and all. I've grown weary of letting this Troll get under my skin, so it's time for some Cycletherapy that only true members of The Dark Side can enjoy.



NOW I'm done, Nev.

Anyone who can MIG weld, and has around $100 to spare, can make a stock TLR a great deal better, and I have outlined various ways of going about this in several previous posts.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #479
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Anyone who can MIG weld, and has around $100 to spare, can buy a cmaera and take pic of their sic bike and maybe of a ride or something.
Repaired.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #480
LarryDawg
trials nut
 
LarryDawg's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Nickerson/Hutchinson Kansas=Cesspool of the World
Oddometer: 74
kicked the tires

Since I had carpal tunnel surgery last week I have'nt done nothing but kick the tires and study how I'm going to change front end angle on the ol TL250, has anyone ever seen online articles about doing this modification? ??
LarryDawg
__________________
"you dont quit riding Cuz' ya got Old!!! Ya get Old Cuz' ya quit riding!!!
1976 Honda TL 250 (Dozer!)
LarryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014