Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Why can't a freeway capable engine be put into a scooter say the size of a Zuma 125 or close? Actually I guess that is what Genuine almost did with the Buddy 170. Make it a full 200cc and it should be a great cross country ride.
Vespa GTS or GTVs aren't that much bigger than a Zuma and are very freeway capable. Our Buddy is just a bit too light and with 10" wheels not as solid on the freeway as my GTS 250. Sports City 250 with its larger wheels still isn't that much bigger but is rock solid on the freeway as well. I just did 500 miles in a combination of I-40 and various state highways at 70-80mph on the Sports City in one day (1708 over the course of 4 days) , only issue was a burned out light bulb (5 year old scoot). I find the Sports City's floorboard area a little short for me but it suits my son and husband very well. Personally I'd have preferred the GTS for the trip but it wasn't really my choice on which one to ride. Still considering the 2014 Scooter Cannonball on the GTS depending on the route and timing.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote