Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #9361
KamikazeKLR
Shorty on the 650

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Glad you are on the way.... I sure hope that tank bag was worth it !

You should probably post a reminder here on the Winnipeg thread as some of us tend not to check ride reports.
Ok once in a while I will.

Not all those who wander are lost
2002 Kawasaki KLR650 - Big Red
KamikazeKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #9362
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Had sort of same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
...A washer in the hub assembly with a couple of tangs on it gets bent. Had to take the front wheel off, take out the washer, beta it back flat.
I noticed in January when I put knobbies on, that that same washer in my front hub had bent tabs too. It was actually the 1st time I'd had the front wheel off, so someone else had done it before me . I was lucky in that the bent tabs still engaged just enough to drive the speedo cable, so I left it planning to fix it when it warmed up (...4 months later). I just put on a new front tire recently, and took the time to pull that off and hammer it back flat. I pinched it a bit so it stuck to the worm gear hub - good to go.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #9363
2whlrider
Where to next?

Oddometer: 789
Vstrom group shot

Here is a pic from our ride last Monday to West Hawk.
Had to get one of Lee, Deb and Karen on their new Vstrom's.
It was a beautiful day for a ride.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #9364
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrider View Post
Here is a pic from our ride last Monday to West Hawk.
Had to get one of Lee, Deb and Karen on their new Vstrom's.
It was a beautiful day for a ride.

Nice photo... The girls look pretty stoked. Definitely a colourful group!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #9365
silencejinn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark96 View Post
Coffee at Tims? I'm in...

I have a friend in Thompson that is an avid RT rider. He just put in about 3000 miles over the last 5 days riding to Madison WI for a rally.

We're kicking around the idea of heading to the Isle of Man for next year's TT. Rent bikes in England, ride Scotland a bit and then over to the Island for a week's worth of TT action.
Isle of Man!! That'll be another trip of life time for me if I can ever make it. Good luck on this, Mark.
silencejinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #9366
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by silencejinn View Post
Isle of Man!! That'll be another trip of life time for me if I can ever make it. Good luck on this, Mark.
Agreed - that's on my "if I ever get rich" list along with the Nurburgring.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #9367
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 604
BooHoo

Sold the KLR tonight...I miss it already

Went to a good guy who has 2 sons, one just bought a gen 1 KLR and the other is buying one soon.

They are excited about a summer full of riding and canoeing.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #9368
maraisrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Nice pic of your ride the other day Lee. Hope the new strom riders are enjoying their new bikes.

I haven't been able to get out on mine in the last week or so. Getting ready for a blast to the Black Hills 3rd week of May for a spring tour of the hills. Windshield mod is the first order of business with mine.

Wish I could go with you on that trip Mark but fields do beckon! One of these days I'm going to have to pull the pin on farming and get out on the bike more.
2013 Arctic Cat XF800 (6 months of winter)
maraisrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #9369
maraisrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
"We're kicking around the idea of heading to the Isle of Man for next year's TT. Rent bikes in England, ride Scotland a bit and then over to the Island for a week's worth of TT action. "

My brother did that trip years ago and it's something I'd love to do. What time of year is the TT?
2013 Arctic Cat XF800 (6 months of winter)
maraisrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #9370
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Sold the KLR tonight...I miss it already

Went to a good guy who has 2 sons, one just bought a gen 1 KLR and the other is buying one soon.

They are excited about a summer full of riding and canoeing.
Good stuff... Room for a new one!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #9371
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Nice pic of your ride the other day Lee. Hope the new strom riders are enjoying their new bikes.

I haven't been able to get out on mine in the last week or so. Getting ready for a blast to the Black Hills 3rd week of May for a spring tour of the hills. Windshield mod is the first order of business with mine.
I enjoyed the ride with the two Vstrom Vixens and their mates on Monday - 'twas a grand day for riding...Then I was up in God's Lake until last evening, so just got around to riding again today...

I was happy as a clam in my raingear, zipping around town and out to St. Andrews, although I must confess I had a bit of a problem at a stop light on Wellington Crescent at Academy Road (I was stationary at the time), when I was fussing with the gear shift and started to lose my balance. When the topside started to overpower my ability to wrestle her back upright safely, I chose to lay to lay the bike gently down rather than torque my back...

I am actually glad it happened that way (albeit somewhat embarrassed at the time), as I now know I can pick it up on my own...No scratches or dents were incurred in the process...just bruised my pride...

And, as they say - if there are no pictures to post - it simply didn't happen!!!

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...B7MsmZi3RGt4c2
Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #9372
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyswoman View Post
I enjoyed the ride with the two Vstrom Vixens and their mates on Monday - 'twas a grand day for riding...Then I was up in God's Lake until last evening, so just got around to riding again today...

I was happy as a clam in my raingear, zipping around town and out to St. Andrews, although I must confess I had a bit of a problem at a stop light on Wellington Crescent at Academy Road (I was stationary at the time), when I was fussing with the gear shift and started to lose my balance. When the topside started to overpower my ability to wrestle her back upright safely, I chose to lay to lay the bike gently down rather than torque my back...

I am actually glad it happened that way (albeit somewhat embarrassed at the time), as I now know I can pick it up on my own...No scratches or dents were incurred in the process...just bruised my pride...

And, as they say - if there are no pictures to post - it simply didn't happen!!!
Good stuff Lee, we all do the tip over, seldom do you here about it, and yes, never any photos. I know it would be a frosty Friday if I had to pick up the Vibraten Davidson, all 700lbs of it.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #9373
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,302
It's like ONE degree and windy as my ex-wife here today. WTF?? There was ice on my lake Wednesday, now there's white caps? All the bat shit crazy rich Tobans are putting their yachts in the lake, dressed like snowmen. Can't make Wawa next weekend. Can't ride this weekend. I'm off most of the week, so might ride to Winnipeg to drink tea with somebody who's around. Grrrrrr! At least I got the wee Bandit out of her hidy-hole for the season....WHAT season??
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #9374
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
It's like ONE degree and windy as my ex-wife here today. WTF?? There was ice on my lake Wednesday, now there's white caps? All the bat shit crazy rich Tobans are putting their yachts in the lake, dressed like snowmen. Can't make Wawa next weekend. Can't ride this weekend. I'm off most of the week, so might ride to Winnipeg to drink tea with somebody who's around. Grrrrrr! At least I got the wee Bandit out of her hidy-hole for the season....WHAT season??
Lyle
There was ice in the harbour, but it blew back out this afternoon.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #9375
GermanPickle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
anyone hear from Humvee today?

He's on a ride and went "radio quiet" at 11am. He's had some drama on his ride, and I'm waiting to hear whether he needs a rescue with my trailer.

If you've heard from him last few hrs. please PM me.