Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Well, he's got the crash down. Why learn new tricks? Go with what you know! :lol3
  2. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I rode in the rain, but only my hands got wet. I need to invest in some summer-weight waterproof gloves. The office is coming for me soon enough. I only have 4 more weeks of military leave before I have to go back to work. :wink:
  3. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    With any luck, I have gotten rid of half of my business and we will just be mowing yards and flipping my own houses starting in two weeks....:clap

Multi day rides, here I come....
  4. buildit

Oddometer:
    Our newest slum lord? :lol3
  5. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I already am a slum lord, I have a few shitty rental properties now.

I've managed to network pretty well with realtors and the folks at the banks who handle unloading the non HUD houses they want rid of cheap. Buy them for dirt, fix em up, and either rent or sell them
  6. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    I wasnt trying to wheelie when I grounded the KLR

I think thats a contradiction in terms
  7. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Yup, the best gloves for me in the rain are straight moto gloves. They dry quick.
  8. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    I thought you were going to restore old VW stuff.
  9. buildit

Oddometer:
    It's just like flipping mobil homes. :lol3
  10. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:

I was driving in the rain and got soaked. I drove into a hail storm with a brand new Ducati Monster in the bed. I had to jump out and cover the bike until the storm passed.

Open MX practice to the public at Crow Canyon this Sunday, supposed to be an all new track built by Brock Sellards
  11. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    It works both ways shithead.

You must be looking for a bike again, you only get on here when you are thinking about getting another motorcycle. So what's it gonna be? Strom?
  12. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    What's the maintenance on them like? The 696 was recommended to us as a good bike for the wife, but I've heard the maintenance schedule on Ducatis has been brutally expensive.
  13. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    That's still the long term goal, we are attempting to remove all of our debt at the moment, and this is where the money is at. That, and I am having a hell of a time locating a building to use.
  14. mynamewasmud

mynamewasmud Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not looking yet, I will likely get a Tiger XC next.
  15. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:

It's brand new and already had to get hauled away by truck, that's all you need to know right there!!!! :lol3
  16. buildit

Oddometer:
    Race bikes go faster so that they can make it back to the maintenance garage first. :deal

:hide
  17. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    I drove down to Virginia to get it for a customer, the valve check interval has improved, close to 20,000 if I recall. They're only expensive if you can't do the work yourself.
  18. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't believe everything you read about Ducati being unreliable or maintenance intensive. My Monster was just as reliable as any other bike I've had over the years.

The 696 is air cooled so getting to the valves once in a while is fairly straight forward. I think they recommend checking valves every 7,500 miles on those. Belts need to be changed every 15,000.

Ducati dealers will charge a premium to do the work so most people do their own service on them or find an independent service shop.

My recommendation, get one, you will love it.
  19. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Tried to squeeze in a quick run at the farm - helluva time getting back out across the creek and broken drain tiles. Thoroughly soaked by the time I worked through.

I keep I some MSR Windbreakers I got cheap in the tankbag - they're great for cold mornings , ok for rain. Not waterproof - until yesterday, at worst hands get a bit damp, as long as I tuck them under the cuffs. Yesterday, I swapped them out once the rain got bad, forgot my jacket, just had a Jersey/Pressure Suit on - worthless - water ran down arms into gloves. Guess I don't ride fast enough.

MSRs have cured tearing the hands outta MX glove is a few rides wet, so that's good. Grips pretty well too. Curious what people wear/recommend tho.

[​IMG]

Last Friday - all over Southern Ohio - lotta miles - 3 tanks - pavement and gravel, some light trail - XT Rider's getting better. Triple Nickel was fun on the way back. Highlight of the trip -

[​IMG]

Free Sundaes at lunch :clap
  20. z@ch

z@ch Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer:
    Imagine dragging it up a mountainside!