Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #31
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx View Post
From the video above, the strap in the C3 Pro has been moved forward.

Cheers,
Huh. I wonder if it would work for me now. Great. Just when I'm happy with the Neotec I'm going to have to look at one of these and it will probably be awesome.
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #32
TSD
Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer: 70
C-3, 2nd try

Had a C-3 for about a year, couldn't get past the forehead pressure issues. Tried my best to make it work; tried all of the suggestions - no go... Ended up selling it.

Had the oortunity to try the C-3 pro today, in the presence of the Schuberth rep. Road about 45 mins with the "demo" helmet. Still had lots of pressure and the "redesign" made little difference. According to the rep, the liner has changed, but the underlining structure of the helmet has not. Still aimed at the round vs. oval head.

Bottom line, for me, just doesn't fit well. Schuberth rep indicated that there will be a modular helmet out in a few years with a redesigned fit - more oval. For now back to the Shoei.
2012 Sertao
TSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #33
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 809
Fwiw...

..I have a VERY long oval head.

The Arai Signet-Q is the only helmet in the world that truly fits my head.

I tried on a C3 and it hurt my forehead, left the "Mark of Schuberth" and the strap choked my Adam's apple.

I just tried on a C3Pro at the MotoGP in Austin over the weekend.

It fit much better, still tight on the forehead, but it felt like it would be alright in time. I wore it for about ten minutes.

The new chin strap was MUCH better. No Adam's apple choking.

So, it appears to me that they have fixed the issues.

I do not own either, I have only tried them on in a shop.

Cheers.

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
Paulie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Thumb

Jest got my white C3 Pro (EU not DOT) delivered. DHL also brought it yesterday but they wanted a signature. Very fine service from http://www.motardinn.com/ - only 5 days! And ~$100 less than domestic.

Feels betta than a C3 I tried on, reel tite & lite. Hopefully it'll agree with my noggin afta a long ride, which'll be awhile - my Conc is undergoing PM.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #35
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 549
My local BMW shop had an open house today and the Schuberth truck was there. She measured me, and I tried the helmet on, it felt great. They had a sale price of $50 off so I bought one for me and one for my wife.
'12 NC700X/D
'08 TW200
gkgeiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #36
simmo0020
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
I have one and really rate it, I have fitted the SRC system which works really well, the FM radio is a great improvement over the standard C3 due to the integrated AE in the helmet.
simmo0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #37
BTL
OMG!! Winter is back

Oddometer: 371
Here is my 2cents worth. I purchased new C3Pro for my fly n ride that just happened this weekend.

I went from a medium shoei quest M helmet to M C3 Pro. The helmet fitted perfectly and I gave it a serious workout.

I rode 3 10+ hour days without any discomfort with helmet at all. No hotspots, and I wear glasses, again without any issues.

The helmet is super light and very very quiet. Venting is great, with plenty of airflow across head.

2nd day of riding was 10 hours of solid heavy rain and helmet performed very well.

Other than price, I can find no flaws at this time and this should prove to be a very good helmet for a long time.
BTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 289
C3-Pro vs Shoei J-Cruise?

I wore a C3 medium for several years and oddly enough never had fitment issues. Back when I bought it I had to go through Designer Helmets in the UK as Schuberth wasn't available in the US. Recently I ordered a C3-Pro from RevZilla in medium but had to exchange it for a large because of the tight forehead squeeze. Before doing so I installed a set of the large size pads but of course they don't do anything for gord size, thought I'd try it anyway. The large size is better all around and I've decided to keep it for really nasty weather riding but in the mean time....

I bought a Shoei J-Cruise in medium and it's great! The size fits me [you?] and I think the overall fit and finish is easily on a par with the Schuberth. Usually I like to wear an open-face lid during warm weather and especially on my annual long distance tours - 10K-15K miles*. In years past I hauled the C3 along with an Arai SC/Z open-face which I wore nearly the whole time; hard rain storms being the province of the C3. This year will be different, the J-Cruise design leads me to feel confident it will be much better in gnarly weather so the C3-Pro stays home. Maybe forever? Not....but the Shoei is sure one helluva nice lid.

LL75

*Bikes used for touring, past & present: Ninja 650R with windshield, Aprilia Pegaso 650 w/hack, Vulcan Classic 900, Goldwing 1800, for 2013 Honda NT700V.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #39
Zynth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Question for the C3 pro owners!

Is it possible to ride with the helmet open? (not only the visor).
Up to which speed is it possible?

I am used to do that with my C2, and want to keep that "feature".
With my C2 I have to close it at around 50mph.
Zynth is offline   Reply With Quote