Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #1906
Bronco3738
Mike

Oddometer: 496
I vote for another ride. Are you planning on moving your entire story and pictures to the blog?

Honeymoon Ride Report

Crazy Europeans Tour Utah
Bronco3738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #1907
Urban Toreador
Banned

Oddometer: 56
Great ride report but I too was wondering when all this waxing philosophical would end

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Ok, guys....been notified by the ADV Admins that this Ride Report is looking suspiciously like a blog. As per the rules, a ride has to have a beginning and an end and the official end is/was SF.
Urban Toreador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #1908
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,968
A female inmates thread of flower and bridge pictures with an occasional motorcycle ride went over 600 pages and 5 years before going quiet.

Quote:
Ok, guys....been notified by the ADV Admins that this Ride Report is looking suspiciously like a blog. As per the rules, a ride has to have a beginning and an end and the official end is/was SF. Terminating DV and CotA coverage so I can finish up with where the ride finally ended: SF. Thoughts/pics/and "The End" coming soon.

If enough people are interested, footnotes, outtakes and other adventures will be made available at: http://antihero-x.com/blog. Just click the blog title and subscribe by email to receive updates.

Fritz: I'll PM you a reply.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #1909
manban9888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
AH's New Blog

I hope you transfer all your posts and pics to your new blog. I already have it as a favorite and hope to keep hearing about your adventures
manban9888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #1910
RacineWI
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Access Denied: Invalid session crumb

Wont let me subscribe, any one else having this problem?

Quote:
Ok, guys....been notified by the ADV Admins that this Ride Report is looking suspiciously like a blog. As per the rules, a ride has to have a beginning and an end and the official end is/was SF. Terminating DV and CotA coverage so I can finish up with where the ride finally ended: SF. Thoughts/pics/and "The End" coming soon.

If enough people are interested, footnotes, outtakes and other adventures will be made available at: http://antihero-x.com/blog. Just click the blog title and subscribe by email to receive updates.

Fritz: I'll PM you a reply.
RacineWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #1911
manban9888
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacineWI View Post
Wont let me subscribe, any one else having this problem?
I had the same problem. AH...check the website because we can't subscribe. There are a few good ones out there that last years. I hope yours outlasts them all. Ride free brother
Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #1912
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by manban9888 View Post
I had the same problem. AH...check the website because we can't subscribe. There are a few good ones out there that last years. I hope yours outlasts them all. Ride free brother
Actually, you can. You need to scroll down to see the link. Once you've clicked the blog title, it takes you to its page proper. The subscribe link is at the top-right area above the comment box.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1913
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco3738 View Post
I vote for another ride. Are you planning on moving your entire story and pictures to the blog?
The blog will be for all things net-new. And as others have experienced, even the subscribe feature is not easy to use, so I'm wondering if I might just open a separate Tumblr account or separate blog site that makes it easier on me to publish (and easier for everyone else to use). Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
A female inmates thread of flower and bridge pictures with an occasional motorcycle ride went over 600 pages and 5 years before going quiet.
Where's THAT link, I can't wait to read! :) J/K. Please don't!

Stay tuned for a better blog fix. I might abandon that feature on antihero-x.com and pick it up elsewhere.

As for Necessary Death Valley Gear:
Compressor, Tire Repair kit, tools, JB Weld, Duct Tape, Zip Ties (small and large industrial size), Machete, Shovel, #10 and #12 Machine Screws (for tire repair in the event plugs don't work), H20, Petrol, Sleeping bag, Food, Matches, Flint, Weber, flares, emergency medical kit.

On a bike I'd ditch the shovel and machete. Replace Weber with a small Propane stove with a small screw on burner and replace Compressor with compressed air repair kit. In the event it's cold, a hot water bottle could mean the difference between freezing to death and staying nice and warm.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #1914
02Deuce
Where next?

Oddometer: 12
No luck with the Blog

I can't seem to make it work no matter which computer I try.
But I do want to thank AH for the great Ride Report! It has truly been an adventure!
Looking forward to your next Ride Report.
Bruce
02Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #1915
manban9888
Adventurer

Hey AH don't forget to fill us in on your new website. Ride on
Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #1916
RacineWI
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Cry Is it over

Is it over? I still can't access the new blog. Guess the party is over.
RacineWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #1917
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 921
The new website blog lacks some basic functionality that I need, so I'll probably switch to a standard blog site like blogger or tumblr or ? for future adventures. The only things happening in my world right now are either too boring to report on or too unbelievable (to me at least). It's a f'in crazy world and is nothing if not an unexpected and delightful (and often a tangled mess).

Not all has been great, though. I've had a couple episodes of paralysis (followed by a loss of consciousness) in the past month (tumor surgery related). It's happened before and I mostly know what type of activities bring it on. Neurologists have been stumped and ignored my self-diagnosis. After the last two incidents I went back to my Sports Doc who saved my ass in the first place and requested the drug used to treat the issue that neurologists are positive I don't have. Seems to be working and I feel better than I have in years. If/when I get confirmation (spinal tap, Cine MRI), under the scalpel my skull goes again.

Will probably get my right hand operated on, too, while I'm at it.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about shipping the Panigale overseas and losing/finding myself again. I'm being patient. Provided I can get my body functioning in a pleasant manner I'll be off again soon enough. For now the thought of another adventure on the supermodel (which I do ride every day) accompanies me to bed every night and wakes next to me in the morning.
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #1918
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Heal well, man. Heal well.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #1919
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Glad to hear you are still with us! Hope everything medical works out! Once you get your blog or other form of communicating, let us know.

Be safe.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #1920
manban9888
Adventurer

I hope everything works out for you AH.