User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
lacofdfireman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
What's the largest tent you would tour with?

This is something I have been pondering for awhile. I am 6'4 250 ride a KLR but want a much larger tent. Right now I am using a Eureka Apex 3man tent. While it packs small it's also a PITA for me to move around in. And when I take my wife or one of my kids with me overnight it's way to small..

I would love to find something decent without breaking the bank that I could actually move around it but is still Motorcycle friendly. It can sit across my seat or on my side cases so it can be a bigger tent. I really want something that I can come close to standing up in. That would be perfect. I realize that most companies don't make a tent that is 6'5 tall in the ceiling unless they are more the car camping type family tents. Is there something that I can consider for motorcycle tourning that will get me what I want? 3 Season would be nice. Not interested in the Teepee type Kirafu or whatever they are, just a normal pole style tent. Also I don't need a parking garage for my bike. I know it's cool but not necessary for me and I am wanting to keep my price down to a KLR budget. lol...

So what's out there? I need on this coming weekend for a camping trip with my boys.

lacofdfireman screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 09:56 PM
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote