Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
Loudo's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle-ish
Oddometer: 188
Originally Posted by SOLO LOBO View Post
The process here used to be that you had the bike inspected by the state patroll, who provided you with an inspection sheet proving you have possession.

Take that to the DMV, hand it over, pay the fees and become the "registered owner".

After three years you become the legal owner, and receive title...
This post offers the best advice. Note that WA does not have DMVs, we have DOL offices.

If you show up there with a license plate issued during the 1973 era, you can have "restored vehicle" status conferred on the bike and get permanent more annual registration or paying for tabs. You may need to educate the clerk at your local licensing bureau though...sometimes they're not up on the stuff that rarely happens.
Loudo is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015