Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #3511
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
what he said
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
Calendar marked - start the bloody thread already!
headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #3512
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED05 View Post
Originally Posted by NSFW. mark your 2014 calendar, march 27, 28 and 29. same as the last one, we are taking over the whole campground and hotel rooms.

I am in and will bring 2 more Paramedics.
Bring a spare shifter too!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #3513
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 134
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Bring a spare shifter too!
I have my old one still and will keep it on the bike.
Thanks again!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #3514
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I have my old one still and will keep it on the bike.
Thanks again!
So how many miles did you manage to get out of the 80's?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #3515
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
So how many miles did you manage to get out of the 80's?
I still have the rear on but it is done - the front is fine. I guess its time to put a different one on. I was happy with how the TKC80 handled but 3 days on a new tire and 20% left is unacceptable. Maybe i spin my tires too much.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #3516
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 740
Damn, that is unfortunate Finn, just read this thread now after some absence. Hope you heal fast, and glad it was not worse!
isaac004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #3517
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
finn, damn that's worse that i thought. i agree, the protective armor and jacket offered some degree of protection, without them it would have been a lot worse.

all of us here are hoping for your recovery. give us a shout if you need anything, which i'm sure we can come up with something.

folks. mark your 2014 calendar, march 27, 28 and 29. same as the last one, we are taking over the whole campground and hotel rooms.

however..........they have a new policy now. i have to make a deposit for the reservation. no more verbal.

PSR management wants you to know that they are thankful for the huge business they received from us. biggest so far this year. gas, lunch and alcohol tabs hit the fan. noobs on alcohol.....

Thanks Joel, folks have been most gracious in offering help and it is much appreciated. I'm having some trouble sleeping now and then..... late night posting here.... but goes with the territory while waiting for meds to kick back in.
The surgery went very well, better than I had imagined and I'm starting to feel better already with lots of help from Nancy.

With all the good advice and encouragement I'll be back in no time.

Great to hear we already have dates for next year, start the countdown!

I have to say though, PSR should be taking care of things like the trash and supplying more toilets, WE are the customers here and you're paying them more money for 1 weekend than just about anyone else for their entire year. They shouldn't be squeezing you for trash pickup money and we shouldn't have to haul out our own trash after paying to stay at a private campground resort, or having 3 toilets for 200+ people. That was gross towards the end and it was frustrating to see you scrambling to collect money for trash pick up after all the work you've done and money paid to PSR.
That place was dead each time I went through this year, I bet your event is like a months income or more.
You are the client giving them big business, I just hope you can use that to negotiate what's best for you, for the charities we are raising money for and for us poor advriders.
Now they want a cash deposit in advance from a non-profit, well established organizer like you?

Shady.

With how much cash you pay them, we could have portable toilets and showers brought into all that flat public land down by Ballarat and have the event without them...

alright, percoset kicked in, i'll stop babbling.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #3518
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Heal quick, count me in for some rides when your better and I agree with the PSR rant.

I was right next the F'n toilets this year, well behind the poor guys in that motorhome, it was shall we say, fresh by the second day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Thanks Joel, folks have been most gracious in offering help and it is much appreciated. I'm having some trouble sleeping now and then..... late night posting here.... but goes with the territory while waiting for meds to kick back in.
The surgery went very well, better than I had imagined and I'm starting to feel better already with lots of help from Nancy.

With all the good advice and encouragement I'll be back in no time.

Great to hear we already have dates for next year, start the countdown!

I have to say though, PSR should be taking care of things like the trash and supplying more toilets, WE are the customers here and you're paying them more money for 1 weekend than just about anyone else for their entire year. They shouldn't be squeezing you for trash pickup money and we shouldn't have to haul out our own trash after paying to stay at a private campground resort, or having 3 toilets for 200+ people. That was gross towards the end and it was frustrating to see you scrambling to collect money for trash pick up after all the work you've done and money paid to PSR.
That place was dead each time I went through this year, I bet your event is like a months income or more.
You are the client giving them big business, I just hope you can use that to negotiate what's best for you, for the charities we are raising money for and for us poor advriders.
Now they want a cash deposit in advance from a non-profit, well established organizer like you?

Shady.

With how much cash you pay them, we could have portable toilets and showers brought into all that flat public land down by Ballarat and have the event without them...

Old 04-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #3519
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 48,170
Quote:

Shady.

What he said.
OK except for the percoset kicking in part.

IMO - We should be accommodated and not milked for what would be normal business practices simple because we have so many participants.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #3520
SQ Beemer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
... on the way home while being a little too complacent on the glorious and relaxing pavement while coming around a blind curve I hit some water/slime covered road and while I did shave some speed off before hitting it I still had to make the turn and came out of the water a little too sideways. ...

Be safe out there, dangers lurk around every corner!

-Finn
Lockwood Valley Road towards 33/Ojai? I took that route home after Warped.

I believe this is the corner:

I slowed my pace down a few minutes before this to take in the scenery. I did that at just the right time apparently..

Hope you recover quickly!
SQ Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #3521
Nubs
Dakarmelized

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW. mark your 2014 calendar, march 27, 28 and 29. same as the last one, we are taking over the whole campground and hotel rooms.
Seriously?!? I am so IN!
Calendar marked!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #3522
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,151
thanks for the psr comments. i felt the same way.

i will contact them and negotiate for a better accommodation.

been so busy lately that i haven't checked in here for over a week. had some official duties, together with another inmate, supporting galacticGS in the mexican 1000 rally. larry (racer #113) finished the race and placed #32 even with a blown motor on stage 1.

http://www.norra.com/results.php

i will post up a linky to the rr once it's up.

folks, still waiting for the owner of the jim beam chair to claim it. you got 1 week and it will go to trash after that.

i will try to finish my dvnr2013 rr this week. hope the thread is not buried in the previous pages.

good to see many PPs are already looking forward for the 2014 rally. i'm IN too....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #3523
LeDakaR!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Yeah buddy!
Good job on the race too

www.route66moto.com
moto rental/sales and tours, location et vente moto, import-export
LeDakaR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #3524
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDakaR! View Post
Yeah buddy!
Good job on the race too
hi ld. i'm back from the mex1k. we survived.

our buddy larry (galacticgs) and a dvnr regular participant finished the race (bajadad and galacticgs)

here he was showing pointers to the 2013 noobs

the final installment of the my 2013 dvnr rr is now finished.....
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...875195&page=16

see you all next year....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #3525
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,948
Count me in for 2014 too! Is there a sign up thread yet?
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote