Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #331
doc dogg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Ok, quick installation question. How do I tell which one is the 20 degree light and which one is the 10? The reflectors look the same to me and when I test fired them a minute ago against my fence the beams look the same size (although it was pretty close).
doc dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #332
doc dogg
Adventurer

Here are a bunch of photos and some videos

Low and high beam video against a wall

http://youtu.be/pEIKTXvt4NM

Almost hit a possum, and some riding video on high and low

http://youtu.be/8uS84YCmHFE

I installed them here.

Like this

Low beam, no LED

Low with LED

High no LED

High with LED

Wall shot, Low beam and LED. Both LED beams look the same to me, I'm wondering if I ended up with 2 of the same and not the 20-10 combo.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #333
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc dogg View Post
Ok, quick installation question. How do I tell which one is the 20 degree light and which one is the 10? The reflectors look the same to me and when I test fired them a minute ago against my fence the beams look the same size (although it was pretty close).
Thanks for posting the photos.
The 20 degree beam has the faceting in the reflector, the 10 degree is smooth. Those do appear to be two 20's.
I attempted to pull up your order but dont have anything under Docdog?
Pm me. I also sent you a PM.
It looks like we may have made a shipping error. We will take care of it and I really apologize for any mix up.
You wont be able to accidentally mess with the button on the dimmer, it is bonded. But we put that note on there just so riders wont be tempted to push things they should not.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 05-18-2013 at 09:15 AM
Off Road Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #334
doc dogg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Thanks for posting the photos.
No worries, it was a good excuse to get out of the house and on the bike :) As I was riding around and taking photos I wondered to myself "Why didn't I become a product tester, this is the sort of job I would actually enjoy doing each day"

Quote:
Pm me. I also sent you a PM.
It looks like we may have made a shipping error. We will take care of it and I really apologize for any mix up..
Thanks, I've replied to your PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #335
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No worries, it was a good excuse to get out of the house and on the bike :) As I was riding around and taking photos I wondered to myself "Why didn't I become a product tester, this is the sort of job I would actually enjoy doing each day"

Thanks, I've replied to your PM.

Thanks Doc
Will get you taken care of.
1-800-624-0278
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #336
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
doc dogg, what kind of clamp is that and where did you get it from? I've be interested to pick that up as my custom bracket keeps rattling loose after a long ride and thus forcing me having to readjust my aim alot.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #337
doc dogg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
doc dogg, what kind of clamp is that and where did you get it from? I've be interested to pick that up as my custom bracket keeps rattling loose after a long ride and thus forcing me having to readjust my aim alot.
The clamp is the one that cyclops sells on their site https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.c...egories&id=113

It is a good quality clamp with a lot of adjustability. I usually put a strip of rubber inner tube under my clamps to stop them moving with excessive vibration, but these ones tightened up real snug so I didn't bother.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #338
Boats313
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I ordered a set last night! I have been putting off ordering these for months and now I'm like a kid waiting for his birthday.

I called the order in and was very pleased with the professionalism, too many companies forget that part of the business.
Boats313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #339
doc dogg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats313 View Post
I ordered a set last night! I have been putting off ordering these for months and now I'm like a kid waiting for his birthday.
I was the same waiting for mine to arrive, it was worth it though :)

Quote:
I called the order in and was very pleased with the professionalism, too many companies forget that part of the business.
QFT! All to often companies are happy to do just enough to get your money. They give vague answers to your questions and when you do buy and find their product isn't exactly what you thought they will hide behind "buyer beware" type BS.

I'm sure it is apparent from the detail in this thread and the number of happy customers that Cyclops isn't like that. I have been nothing but impressed with both the product and the service I received. The lights are solid and well built, the brackets and mounts were solid, even the wiring and plugs were top quality (this is where you would expect a lesser brand to skimp).

Even just the simple "thanks for buying off us" or "thanks for posting photos" makes you feel like they value you as a customer.

I could rant on and on about professional customer service :p It just gets on my nerve when companies treat you like they are doing you a favour by extracting as much money from you as possible whilst delivering as little as they can in return...grr
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #340
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Quote:
I was the same waiting for mine to arrive, it was worth it though :)

QFT! All to often companies are happy to do just enough to get your money. They give vague answers to your questions and when you do buy and find their product isn't exactly what you thought they will hide behind "buyer beware" type BS.

I'm sure it is apparent from the detail in this thread and the number of happy customers that Cyclops isn't like that. I have been nothing but impressed with both the product and the service I received. The lights are solid and well built, the brackets and mounts were solid, even the wiring and plugs were top quality (this is where you would expect a lesser brand to skimp).

Even just the simple "thanks for buying off us" or "thanks for posting photos" makes you feel like they value you as a customer.

I could rant on and on about professional customer service :p It just gets on my nerve when companies treat you like they are doing you a favour by extracting as much money from you as possible whilst delivering as little as they can in return...grr

Thanks guys. I hope to convey that we are different.
Customer service, quality products and word of mouth has built our business, we are far from the biggest,and work hard to satisfy each and every customer. We are not perfect, but know what to do if we make a mistake.
Although we have to sell, I am no real salesman, just an enthusiast trying to make a living with my life long passion, riding Motorcycles.
Its you riders that keep us in business and I am very much appreciative of that.
1-800-624-0278
Old 05-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #341
Boats313
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Well, after placing my order Monday late afternoon and being told they were a little backed up on wiring harnesses, I had zero expectation of getting the lights this week.

I was shocked to have a box waiting for me when I got home today.
Yes, the lights are already hanging off the brackets and I powered them up with a battery to see how bright they are. I'm impressed (and a little blind). Now I just need to wait until dark to really test them and find some time to run the wires.

Thank you for the quick shipment, I'll be sure to post some pictures when I have them all set up.
Boats313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #342
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
I just went to place my order (finally, been eyeing them for a while) and it looks like the site's checkout system is down. I will have to call later this morning.

I'm actually going to install the round optimus 10/20 degree combo on my Victory Cross Country with CJ's fork brackets that I had leftover from my KTM 990. I can't wait to see better at night.

Actually this made me think of one question.... What is the distance of the mounting hole to edge of the bracket?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #343
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Well, after placing my order Monday late afternoon and being told they were a little backed up on wiring harnesses, I had zero expectation of getting the lights this week.

I was shocked to have a box waiting for me when I got home today.
Yes, the lights are already hanging off the brackets and I powered them up with a battery to see how bright they are. I'm impressed (and a little blind). Now I just need to wait until dark to really test them and find some time to run the wires.

Thank you for the quick shipment, I'll be sure to post some pictures when I have them all set up.
Thank You
The 24 Hr in Alabama and another night race in Canada has overwhelmed us a bit.
We worked hard to get all the last minute racers setup and meet all our regular orders.
Have a great weekend!!
1-800-624-0278
Old 05-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #344
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post
I just went to place my order (finally, been eyeing them for a while) and it looks like the site's checkout system is down. I will have to call later this morning.

I'm actually going to install the round optimus 10/20 degree combo on my Victory Cross Country with CJ's fork brackets that I had leftover from my KTM 990. I can't wait to see better at night.

Actually this made me think of one question.... What is the distance of the mounting hole to edge of the bracket?
Wonderful. Thanks for the heads up. I am so happy with that site,
I could
The mounting hole is actually a slot from the back edge of the mount to the trailing edge of the slot is .450
1 800 624 0278
1-800-624-0278
Old 05-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #345
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Wonderful. Thanks for the heads up. I am so happy with that site,
I could
The mounting hole is actually a slot from the back edge of the mount to the trailing edge of the slot is .450
1 800 624 0278
Just to make sure we're on the same page.. if I was going to mount the leds to the side of the bike's forks using MY bracket it only needs to allow a minimum of 1/2 inch clearance between your slotted mounting bracket and the fork? I hope that make sense!