Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Ok, I'll post up.
DirtReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #77
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

Hey StG how was the rain the other day? give us a holler when you want to go hit it again Dad and I are almost always up for a ride
Old 05-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #78
StG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtReeper View Post
Hey StG how was the rain the other day? give us a holler when you want to go hit it again Dad and I are almost always up for a ride
Definitely. Would love to get up to the North Rim when all the snow finally melts
StG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #79
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

pfft screw north rim, let us know and we'll take ya to some secret spots with plenty of photo ops and beverage stops along the way. your wife might enjoy some of them too so yo''ll have to throw down some gps points or remember some things btw Dad said to say come out any time.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #80
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

that aside, Jesse; looking at a route going from Kanab--> BLM 7800 (in utah) AKA House Rock Valley Road --> Winter Road --> Fredonia --> Pipe Springs (gas) --> Cane Beds--. Coral Pink Sand Dunes--> back to ZPondo what do you think? Be an all day ride, well mostn of a day could run in Tuweap to make it last but distance wise most of a day
Old 05-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #81
captcham
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Hope to make it again this year

Put me down for a large t shirt and I will hopefully be coming up with the whole family again, everyone liked the resort last year and visiting Zion.
captcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #82
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
that aside, Jesse; looking at a route going from Kanab--> BLM 7800 (in utah) AKA House Rock Valley Road --> Winter Road --> Fredonia --> Pipe Springs (gas) --> Cane Beds--. Coral Pink Sand Dunes--> back to ZPondo what do you think? Be an all day ride, well mostn of a day could run in Tuweap to make it last but distance wise most of a day

Ahhhhh, that sounds like a fun one. Are you on highway 89 from kanab to House Rock Road? We do a ride from Glendale to Cottonwood Canyon to House Rock Road that adds a bunch of fun dirt. Maybe to much milieage?

GeoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #83
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMoto View Post
Ahhhhh, that sounds like a fun one. Are you on highway 89 from kanab to House Rock Road? We do a ride from Glendale to Cottonwood Canyon to House Rock Road that adds a bunch of fun dirt. Maybe to much milieage?
*BLM700* yeah on 89 from Kanab to HRVR. I was thinking maybe too much miles wise. IDK I'll get out there and see soon.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #84
tac650
Nomad

Oddometer: 521
Looks like fun...

Guys your get together looks like fun... count me in! I will be heading to the FSSNOC get together in Jemez Springs, NM the following weekend. I will be on my 2011 Husqvarna SMS630 shown below. The photo below was taken at Seven Devils campground outside Riggins, ID (elevation 7,800') last year. Put me down foe a Large T. I look forward in meeting everyone.

2011 Husqvarna SMS630, 1998 Triumph Sprint, 1983 Suzuki GS1100E and retired.
tac650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #85
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

Hell yeah man! Cant wait to meet ya!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #86
GeoMoto OP
FMAR Chump!

Oddometer: 743
Thumb Trails are looking great!

Hello Everyone,
I spent the holiday weekend up at Zion Ponderosa with the family. I didn't get any riding in but I did have a chance to explore a bit. Trails are looking good at higher elevations. Very little snow left. A bad year for snow, but a great year for riding!
I look forward to seeing everyone.

Fire restrictions are in place already and so I thinking that I will move the group from last years camp site to the main group area near the end of the Zip Line. This will allow us to use the fire pits. Also much closer to the toilets, showers and pools.

This location will also allow easy access for all trailers, RV's and large vehicles.

Thanks,
Jesse

GeoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #87
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,227
Quote:
I rode/explored dirt between Winter Road and 89 near Kanab last week (popped out on 89 by Johnson Wash). Some deep sand near the north end by 89 but "untracked".......just skimmed along the top......felt like I was snowboarding/surfing.....good fun......two gates but both were unlocked......

Navajo Trail is a good "Big Bike" dirt road between Fredonia and St. George but that's probably too far west if trying to loop back to the Ponderosa......Hell's Backbone between Escalante and Boulder is another good "Big Bike" loop along with the Burr Trail.....but probably too far east....
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #88
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMoto View Post
Trails are looking good at higher elevations. Very little snow left. A bad year for snow, but a great year for riding!
Agreed.

Logged ~1200 miles last week between Mesquite and areas north of Lake Powell.......no issues with snow even up on Hell's Backbone between Boulder and Escalante........that surprised me......"bone" dry
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #89
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer

You can take off from Navajo trail to CR5 into Colorado City then through either a) Coral Pink Sand Dunes, or b) the Gooseberry Mesa road then up through Zion.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #90
990 trailblazer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
day time temps

Hey guys, looking foward to meeting and riding with yall. A group of us from Miss. are coming to join the fun and wondering what might you expect for temps during the day. Sounds like with the mileage your riding there will be high and lower altitudes envolved.
990 trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote