Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #9001
mercieca
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by At adventure View Post
Yes Procycles Hornsby. The vibration only started after about 1500km. They (Anthony) said they would ask BMW to replace the tyre if I was not happy but are concerned that I might experience the same problem with a new tyre. I am trying not to be anal so will see how it goes after about 5k.
Should have asked, are they spoked wheels? Read below if they are.

Just going to put this out there. Ask to check if the hub is not off centre to the outside rim. When I bought my GS years ago, it was the first time they had seen this problem on my bike. I had the dealer at the time say the same thing, and actually say your just getting used to the bike, so don't take no for an answer. Ride it at low speeds and see if there is a bobbing effect.

mercieca screwed with this post 05-20-2013 at 10:29 PM
mercieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #9002
Voz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert John View Post
I wouldn't own it without the LEDs. Plain and simple, I am seen and I can see.
I agree. The light this thing throws out is astonishing, I love mine and will never go back. I have had a lot of LED lights over the years fro filming, etc. They never seem to die.

2013 R1200 GSW Red - Blown Engine & Gearbox (clutch basket nut issue) - AUG 14
2015 R1200 GSW White - NOV 14
Voz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #9003
Voz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Admore LED Topbox wiring for GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by emack View Post
Nice! Thanks. I did tap in to the taillight, and it hasn't thrown an error yet. If it does, I'll be switching to the wire you mentioned.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! My air horn sounds NICE.
I am looking to attach my wiring loom from my Admore LED lights installed in my Givi V46 top box. I had this loom wired into my Versys 650. I had a look under the GS seat and there is very little wiring in there, haha.

Anyone have any advice? I need to tap GND, 12V, Left, Right, Brake & Lights. I can see the wires running to the rear LED lights, can these be tapped?

2013 R1200 GSW Red - Blown Engine & Gearbox (clutch basket nut issue) - AUG 14
2015 R1200 GSW White - NOV 14
Voz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #9004
hdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
Zumo 550 on 13 gs

Any one wired a zumo 550 or montana to the new GS.. I have an older 550 and wanted to fit it where the BMW cradle is...Other option is to buy the BMW Nav4. but I like my garmin..I like my topo maps too. I always wanted to upgrade to a montana...the only reason I would think of the BMW nav would be for the handlebar function... Any thoughts

KTM 1190 R

KTM 690 R
hdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #9005
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdog View Post
Any one wired a zumo 550 or montana to the new GS.. I have an older 550 and wanted to fit it where the BMW cradle is...Other option is to buy the BMW Nav4. but I like my garmin..I like my topo maps too. I always wanted to upgrade to a montana...the only reason I would think of the BMW nav would be for the handlebar function... Any thoughts
Besides the slick handlebar function, tying into the bike's electronics also lets the Zumo display a lot of info about the bike as well. Have a look at this if you haven't seen it.
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=121329
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #9006
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
I have a Montana that will be replacing the factory cradle with a Touratech mount. I just need to go pick uo the mount.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #9007
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Go for the LED.
1) People verified it is way better.

2) It's not just the light. One has an extras package that the other doesn't.

3) LED is becoming something like the trademark of the new LC GS. I see people in a few months (non GS people) to say "ah this is not the new one, the new one has the LED".

4) No LED WILL (I will sign for this) affect resale value. If you care.

On the other hand. LED is an "unknown" right now. We don't know the real longevity of it (supposedly it's huge).
90% of the bikes sold here have the LED. All the demo's and showroom models from the dealers are equiped with it.
They are trying to make it a trademark thing.

And the light is way better compared to old 800.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #9008
IB1
Studly Adventurer

I loaded my bike up with some luggage in the 3 cases and noticed the bike was a little lower. I could almost flatfoot the ground. So I pressed the button for ESA 1+ luggage and it rose about 2 cm I think.
Now the question. I weigh about 65 kg (144 lbs) and give or take about 25 kg of luggage (paniers included). Should I really use the 1+luggage or just stick to solo rider? While riding I don't really notice a difference. (I put it in rain since it is pouring with rain here).
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #9009
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
I loaded my bike up with some luggage in the 3 cases and noticed the bike was a little lower. I could almost flatfoot the ground. So I pressed the button for ESA 1+ luggage and it rose about 2 cm I think.
Now the question. I weigh about 65 kg (144 lbs) and give or take about 25 kg of luggage (paniers included). Should I really use the 1+luggage or just stick to solo rider? While riding I don't really notice a difference. (I put it in rain since it is pouring with rain here).
Really light for a GS. :)
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #9010
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,947
Quote:
I weigh the same as you and will leave it in rider, no luggage, when the panniers are fitted. I read somewhere that the rider without luggage is set up at the factory for a rider weighing around 175lbs.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #9011
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Really light for a GS. :)
And with 5'7" also really short for a GS.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #9012
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
And with 5'7" also really short for a GS.
Same size as me.

I have bad knees so I'd probably prefer the taller setting for the additional legroom and cornering clearance. But if I took it off road I'd switch to the lower setting so I could get my feet down flat when necessary.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #9013
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Same size as me.

I have bad knees so I'd probably prefer the taller setting for the additional legroom and cornering clearance. But if I took it off road I'd switch to the lower setting so I could get my feet down flat when necessary.
Ok, 5'7" with short legs here. Low seat in low position with the lower suspension. (and I still can't flatfoot the ground).
Old 05-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #9014
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Ok, 5'7" with short legs here. Low seat in low position with the lower suspension. (and I still can't flatfoot the ground).
I've got a 30" inseam (just in case you have a different measuring system there, that'd be the length of the Levis that would fit).

When I took the LC GS for a test ride I had the seat in the low position, normal suspension. I'm so used to only being able to put just one foot on the ground while stopped after owning an 11GS, a Dakar and a Super Tenere that it comes as second nature now. But offroad it definitely helps to even be able to get both balls of your feet down. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #9015
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
What's your method for getting on the bike? Do you leave it on the centerstand. Btw I have a 30 inch inseam and can only plant my toes on the high seat setting I prefer.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote