Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #571
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmardy View Post
I haven't ridden with them yet, hopefully I don't irritate other drivers, these things get BRIGHT (and a bit glarey to be honest).

I was worried about that too but so far while riding in daylight or darkness over the past couple of months, nobody has flashed their lights at me. I do kind of wish there was a horizontal cutoff though - it seems like I'm illuminating things that are a bit high up in front of me (trees, etc). I do have them aimed a bit downwards...
http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #572
mountainpete
Outdoor use only

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainpete View Post
Ordered a set last night for my 2012 V-Strom. Will post up pics after the install.
Ordered May 6, arrived today May 17 to Calgary, Canada. Not bad at all ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Typos delivered by me.
mountainpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #573
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainpete View Post
Ordered May 6, arrived today May 17 to Calgary, Canada. Not bad at all ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Typos delivered by me.
Looking forward to the pics

Thanks,
-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #574
flyingjib
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Here's a couple of pics of the MM 10s mounted on my '06 Wee. The brackets bolted up to the fender mounts on the forks slick as can be:

Have yet to try them at night but my buddy says they are definitely visible during the day when he is riding the lead.

Earl

flyingjib screwed with this post 05-20-2013 at 04:38 PM
flyingjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #575
FlyFishJeff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Sorry about the issue. We really do check every single light before it goes out. Not sure how that got by us ????

In either case, we do have a few we hold back. Your replacement will be on the way tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail.

PM'd also.

-Brian
It's not quite a year later, and I think my original MM12 (the non-defective, non-replacement, original) is going bad. The bottom row of LEDs are putting out a bluish light (the top row is still bright white), and the bottom row is dimmer.

I understand the MM12s are no longer made. Is my best solution to replace the whole set with MM8s?

I've been happy with the performance of the lights, but the durability may be an issue.

I just got back from a large Vstrom rally near Deals Gap, and I got many questions about the lights. I passed your company info along to a lot of folks.
FlyFishJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #576
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,353
PLZ re-size those pics
Old 05-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #577
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishJeff View Post
It's not quite a year later, and I think my original MM12 (the non-defective, non-replacement, original) is going bad. The bottom row of LEDs are putting out a bluish light (the top row is still bright white), and the bottom row is dimmer.

I understand the MM12s are no longer made. Is my best solution to replace the whole set with MM8s?

I've been happy with the performance of the lights, but the durability may be an issue.

I just got back from a large Vstrom rally near Deals Gap, and I got many questions about the lights. I passed your company info along to a lot of folks.
Jeff,

I believe we have both the MM12 and the MM8 on hand for warranty replacement.

Please send us an email to info@mondomotos.com and Kris can check your order date and figure out the best solution.

thanks,
-Brian
Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #578
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjib View Post
Here's a couple of pics of the MM 10s mounted on my '06 Wee. The brackets bolted up to the fender mounts on the forks slick as can be:

Have yet to try them at night but my buddy says they are definitely visible during the day when he is riding the lead.

Earl
Thanks for posting up the pics

-Brian
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #579
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

While this isnt an LED style lamp, I wanted to post a note here that we are now carrying the full line of Givi products including the Trekker S310 lights seen in the pics below.

The complete Trekker S310 light kit retails for $211 USD

Our price $186 USD

The ADV5 Discount Code applies to the Trekker lights making the final price $176.70 USD

The Trekkers are Halogen lights and designed for use on bikes that have electrical power to spare and the mount directly to crash bars.

More info can be found on our website

MondoMotos Trekker S310

We will be updating our "Gear" thread very soon to include the S310 and lots more of the Givi line of products. Until then if there is something in particular you are looking for send me a PM or email us @ info@mondomotos.com.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #580
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
Just ordered some MM10's for my Bandit. Removed the stock mirrors and went to handlebar mounted DoubleTake mirrors in hopes to use those perches as a mounting location. Anybody have any suggestions for that?

Here's the bike:

First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #581
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,603
Quick wiring question:

Wiring the lights to a fuzeblock that already has a wire to be used for switched power, can I use that wire and disregard the mondo wire or fuse the two together then splice into a switched source?
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #582
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Just ordered some MM10's for my Bandit. Removed the stock mirrors and went to handlebar mounted DoubleTake mirrors in hopes to use those perches as a mounting location. Anybody have any suggestions for that?

Here's the bike:

Once you have the lights in hand, you will most likely be able to figure something out to mount them on the fairing. Hard to tell from looking at the pic, but I'd guess you will have to remove the mirror mounts and attach the light bracket in its place?

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #583
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Quick wiring question:

Wiring the lights to a fuzeblock that already has a wire to be used for switched power, can I use that wire and disregard the mondo wire or fuse the two together then splice into a switched source?
If I understand the question: The light power wire (red wire w/ring terminal) and the switch power wire (single red wire) can indeed share a power source. Its not an ideal situation, but so long as the source is fused and able to handle the extra current (less than 1amp) you should be fine.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #584
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
If I understand the question: The light power wire (red wire w/ring terminal) and the switch power wire (single red wire) can indeed share a power source. Its not an ideal situation, but so long as the source is fused and able to handle the extra current (less than 1amp) you should be fine.

Thanks,
-Brian
Sorta, red single wire and single switched power wire of a fuseblock. Choices:

-Either cut the red single wire away and rely on the FB's wire only
-Splice red single and FB switched power wire together then into a switched source
- Or both the single red and FB switched power wire are individually spliced into a switched source.

I sounds like #2 is the viable option but I figured I'd ask around.

EDIT: what I did was: took the red switched power wire and connected it to the FB as well. Used the FB's switched power wire and connected it to a switched source. Lights shut down after I turn the bike off.
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

ThatGuy screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 01:58 AM
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #585
rider257
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
MOND

On a 2008 r1200gs do you think I will need a CAN-BUS adapter? If so do you have a line on where i may get one?

Just trying to get everything in line so I can order all at once. I am not running much else besides a phone charger and possiblely a sena charger or two. But would like to add heated gear next winter. Sorry if it sounds dumb, electrics are not my forte.

thanks
rider257 is offline   Reply With Quote