Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #17836
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Not to change this delightful topic, but I did just borrow this pic from the Closed Caption thread.

Feel free to discuss.

It happens.

(Complete disclosure: The Yamaha is a bike I like a lot though at this time I do ride a 2004 BMW and don't see a need to change that. The bike pictured above very easily could have been brand new and going home, it was only meant as a bit of harmless fun, carry on.)

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #17837
Goldie05
Fast George

Oddometer: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Rabbi View Post

It happens.

(Complete disclosure: The Yamaha is a bike I like a lot though at this time I do ride a 2004 BMW and don't see a need to change that. The bike pictured above very easily could have been brand new and going home, it was only meant as a bit of harmless fun, carry on.)
Of course it's brand new, the owner is just moving it thus U-Haul

The Bimmer is on a flat bed also know as death bed
Riding USA Blog
GeorgeFPhotography
Goldie05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #17838
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:

It happens.

As was the original post. We just get bored around here waiting for the big break down to hit.
Sometimes we are forced to break down vicarioulsy through others.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #17839
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
As was the original post. We just get bored around here waiting for the big break down to hit.
Sometimes we are forced to break down vicarioulsy through others.
84,000 miles.... Knock on wood!!!

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #17840
delta8x
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Question 2012 Super Tenere seat

I am looking at a new seat for my Tenere, so far I have looked at Sargent, Corbin, Bill Mayer. I like that the Sargent and Corbin have heat as an option but I have heard that Bill Mayer is the most comfortable. Any feedback would be appreciated.
delta8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #17841
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
84,000 miles.... Knock on wood!!!
Is that counting the mileage on a flat bed?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #17842
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,713
Wicked Picture viewing is in the details...

Quote:

It happens.

Of course, even a rather cursory glance at both those pictures would show the following:

- The BMW is quite obviously out in the middle of nowhere (see those trees and the gravel shoulder?), and is loaded down as though it's traveling some distance from home (hence the ground pad, tent, etc.). It also has a fair bit of road dirt and grime on it, not to mention the person on the other side of it is wearing a helmet and riding boots... And one shouldn't forget to notice the odd amalgam of tie-downs, etc., as one usually finds on commercial "BMW Recovery Vehicles"...

- Looking at the Super Tenere picture provided it's pretty glaring that it's a brand new bike on its way home with the new owner... Not a speck of dirt or dust on it, what looks like a brand new set of motorcycle specific tie-downs (and are those soft hooks on there?), as well as a nice cable lock to securing the front wheel to the trailer. Then there's the carefully placed soft cloths to protect the bright, shiny bodywork - just like a new owner would do, eh? Bike and trailer are obviously in a more urban setting, and in fact, appears (from the mirror reflection) to actually be sitting in a parking lot... Not exactly a spot one would pick up a broken motorcycle.

One doesn't have to search ADVrider for more than a few seconds to find dozens of pics of busted BMW's, but I'll bet it would take some real time and effort to find any pics of a well and truly broken Super Tenere on a trailer or flatbed...

But thanks for playing!!!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~

Dallara screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 10:15 AM
Dallara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #17843
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 8,987
Jerr-Dan...our name means "Adventure".

*Official Tow Rig for BMW USA

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #17844
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
Is this a crack in the rim?
No, a stain. A crack would propagate different to the rim's edge.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #17845
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Of course, even a rather cursory glance at both those pictures would show the following:

- The BMW is quite obviously out in the middle of nowhere (see those trees and the gravel shoulder?), and is loaded down as though it's traveling some distance from home (hence the ground pad, tent, etc.). It also has a fair bit of road dirt and grime on it, not to mention the person on the other side of it is wearing a helmet and riding boots... And one shouldn't forget to notice the odd amalgam of tie-downs, etc., as one usually finds on commercial "BMW Recovery Vehicles"...

- Looking at the Super Tenere picture provided it's pretty glaring that it's a brand new bike on its way home with the new owner... Not a speck of dirt or dust on it, what looks like a brand new set of motorcycle specific tie-downs (and are those soft hooks on there?), as well as a nice cable lock to securing the front wheel to the trailer. Then there's the carefully placed soft cloths to protect the bright, shiny bodywork - just like a new owner would do, eh? Bike and trailer are obviously in a more urban setting, and in fact, appears (from the mirror reflection) to actually be sitting in a parking lot... Not exactly a spot one would pick up a broken motorcycle.

One doesn't have to search ADVrider for more than a few seconds to find dozens of pics of busted BMW's, but I'll bet it would take some real time and effort to find any pics of a well and truly broken Super Tenere on a trailer or flatbed...

But thanks for playing!!!

Dallara
~
Totally agree unless the Tenere was involved in an accident. Those we got.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #17846
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,713
Laugh Fun & Games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker View Post
Totally agree unless the Tenere was involved in an accident. Those we got.

Of course, the great thing here is that we're all just kidding around... joking about bikes on trailers and flatbeds, and generally poking fun about brands and stereotypes.

What would be rather rude and crude is if anybody was dead serious, or was trying to erroneously question a rider's skill level, line choice, riding style, decision making, etc.... say, if he crashed... from just a couple of low-resolution pictures... Right?

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #17847
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,279
here is one with over 11000 miles on it. plenty of dirt thru moab and arizona but mostly asphalt.

Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #17848
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta8x View Post
I am looking at a new seat for my Tenere, so far I have looked at Sargent, Corbin, Bill Mayer. I like that the Sargent and Corbin have heat as an option but I have heard that Bill Mayer is the most comfortable. Any feedback would be appreciated.
For me it is the Russell Day Long. www.day-long.com

I tried the Corbin because they usually work for me. Not on this bike though.

YMMV.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #17849
dave6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker View Post
No, a stain. A crack would propagate different to the rim's edge.
I would say both the holes with spokes are cracked, the one on the left looks less noticeable but still there, the cracks are 90 deg. to the force of the spoke. Clean it up and hold a flash light 90 deg. to the stain or crack, if its a stain it wont stand out more, if its a crack you will see it more, not good. I am an aircraft welder and look at crack all day, lol.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #17850
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6 View Post
I would say both the holes with spokes are cracked, the one on the left looks less noticeable but still there, the cracks are 90 deg. to the force of the spoke. Clean it up and hold a flash light 90 deg. to the stain or crack, if its a stain it wont stand out more, if its a crack you will see it more, not good. I am an aircraft welder and look at crack all day, lol.
Great, now I just have to explain to my wife what the flashlight is for.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote