ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #4171
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Like Lornce, I have the vid....but, I also have the blankness just like you. Is there any chance of a cure, or are we lost in the haze for all time? Eh? EH??
Thanking you :-), and, er, am too in the haze.

There's not a lot I can offer by way of a solution to this, either to your good self or indeed to all the peeple off of the wurlds. Perhaps it's best summed up by a man who appears to have recently jumped out onto the M1 @ circa 70MPH:

HT caps. That’s one of the ways I’ve sought to solve my problems. The mid rev/mid throttle misfire I’ve been chasing has brought me to the local motor factors to purchase myself a pair of those red plastic HT caps to replace the metal ones I was running on the DMW. What are they called? The Red ones. Ah, NGK. The metal cap on the right (the side that coughs out) was not latching onto the threads at the top of the plugs, and there are soot marks on the ceramic bodies of the plugs. I was never completely happy with the metal caps anyway, but as the connection tab inside was suspect, and the NGKs are only a couple of quid I thought I’d rule out the whole metal cap shorting possible source of the misfire sort of thing now that I’ve got some money.

I say now I’ve got some money because I didn’t get paid the last two pay days, so I’ve been brassic for the last 19 days, but at last it’s been sorted out so I could give the plug cap swap out a go to see if it killed the misfire. It didn’t, but at least now that’s one thing excluded. I have a feeling it’s a fuel supply issue in that at a given throttle/rev demand the supply isn’t keeping up? I’ve tried cleaning out the little white filters in the bottom of the petcocktaps – there were red crumbs of deposit seemingly come from the previous tank lining. I’ve also pulled the petcocktaps out of the bottom of the emptied tank (ran to the bottom of reserve what with no dosh and all) to check out the tatty tower stack gauze filters. They really need replacing as there are holes down the longitudinal seam but that’ll take a drop into Magic Daves to see if he’s got some on the off chance, or an order from Motorworks.

The next step surely is to dismantle the taps to make sure there’s no red crumb in there. The fact that it was at the bottom white petcocktap filters shows it’s got pat the tower filters, so there’s bound to be some in the tap bodies between the two filters. None of it gets as far as the float bowls so the bottom filters are doing fine, and as you may recall I don’t have any filters in the peterolgaz lines to the carbs. So, the tap bodies will need a clean next time the tank’s emptyish, and this is where I’m glad I splashed out on new taps because when I start to take them apart they’re less likely to chew themselves up (infamous last words…)
Old 05-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #4172
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

All I shall say...

'Thou shall give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non english speaking countries as to those that occur in english speaking countries'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4
Old 05-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #4173
Big Bamboo
Aircooled & Sunbaked

Oddometer: 3,171
Have you checked the diaphragm on the missing side as well?
Big Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #4174
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bamboo View Post
Have you checked the diaphragm on the missing side as well?
Fair thought. During the recent carb check up by Magic Ian both were checked, one was fine, the other replaced, though I don't recall which side got the new one?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #4175
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Or if this vid is what I think it is (I can't view it, see previous constant bitching about bandwidth throttling) then maybe it's a little more like this?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #4176
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:

I'm looking to have these modified so that I can fit them between the rear end of the downpipes and the Supertrapp end caps you can just about see in the previous pic. As they stand the ends are a couple of mm out each way, so it's either a matter of stretching one end to an internal diameter of a smidge over 40mm, and the other end being squashed to just under 40mm external diameter. Or it's a matter of cutting the ends back & welding the appropriate sized ends on?

The tubes themselves have a woven outer as you can see, but inside there's a series of interlinked/overlapping ring sections that allow some flexibility. I have a couple of baffles that will fit with a little modding, and I've yet to determine if the tubes should be secured somewhere by the foot-peg mounting plates via P clamps or by a bar/rod to a thread welded onto the pipe ends?
I'd still like to get this setup built. Wish I'd bought a welding kit when I was earning...

I'd be interested to know more about the VW muffler baffles people talk about too.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #4177
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Remember we have a common enemy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re2JiVd4gT4
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #4178
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,818
Word.

Quote:
'Thou shall give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non english speaking countries as to those that occur in english speaking countries'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4
Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #4179
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

'RIP Woolwich Soldier': over a million people may have accidentally 'liked' a covert EDL Facebook page

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jakewallissimons/100218409/over-a-million-people-may-have-accidentally-liked-an-edl-facebook-page/
Old 05-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #4180
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload...t-ninety-1.jpg

'BMW has just taken the wraps off the Concept Ninety – a collaboration between the German firm and Californian custom builder Roland Sands as the company celebrates 40 years since the original R90S and 90 years of making motorcycles.'

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...oncept-ninety/
Old 05-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #4181
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Old 05-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #4182
gs-ell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
That is gorgeous!
Though not keen on the side profile sketch

gs-ell screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 03:15 PM Reason: fat thumbs
gs-ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:29 AM   #4183
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs-ell View Post
That is gorgeous!
Though not keen on the side profile sketch

http://www.rolandsands.com/wp/wp-con...ncept-90-5.jpg

http://www.rolandsands.com/wp/wp-con...8_Original.jpg

Loads more pics @ http://www.rolandsands.com/wp/2013/0...bmw-concept-90

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-28-2013 at 11:58 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #4184
gs-ell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
cool thanks
gs-ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #4185
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

This mornings correspondence...

It's far too early to be thinking this hard - tech support on linking an Eventide H3000 into an audio recording system:

To: pauwh@XXXXX
Subject: RE: H3000 d/se connections
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 09:28:49 +0000

The edirol M10dx manual attached shows (page 43) "AUX SEND jack: 1/4 inch TRS* phone type (impedance balanced**)"

*Tip Ring Sleeve i.e. balanced
** http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/impedance-balancing/

On the face of the available info (filtered thru a 'non functioning till later' brane) one might send from the M10dx aux on a line level type cable with TRS balanced 1/4 inch, into the e/tide on balanced xlr, & return to the M10dx using a pair of line level type balanced xlr to TRS balanced 1/4 inch cables fed into a pair of line in sockets on the desk? and then mix the e/tide rtn signals with the original gtr/preamp signals coming in on another pair of line inputs. Line level cables would seem better than Mic cable, but I don't think it'd make a massive difference. I can't see whether the M10dx aux out is +4 or -10. Changing the e/tide jumpers to suit +4 or -10 would be easy enough, but I'll stand across the room & let you do that... The advantage of going this route would be that the e/tide is also available for other input signals (i.e. vox or other gtr pedal units) direct on the desk.

However one might prefer to run the e/tide direct off the JMP-1, (tho I cannot see if the aux snd/rtn is balanced or not?) One advantage of running direct with the JMP-1 is that Marshall will be more than happy to tell you how to do it with which leads & whether balanced/unbalanced if you rang them up? It might of course be possible to feed the e/tide from the JMP-1 aux send but return it into the M10dx alongside the JMP-1 main output signals as tho it were a separate input, as long as the JMP-1 didn't lose it's main output signal if the rtn were not connected?

Unbalanced TS 1/4 inch to xlr mic leads would probably suffice for a test, and as a basic test set up you would only need two. I don't think this would blow up the e/tide, but all words herein included & any and many various interpretations you may take from them come without warranty and I will forever remain blame free if you are fuckwitted enough to blow it up, see disclaimer @ http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=4070 :-D

FYI Studiospares catalogue pdf @ http://www.studiospares.com/content/...logue_2013.pdf

I've not looked into the Mackie connections as it seems a little pointless to fit a Ferrari with bicycle tyres if you see what I mean?

NB I have attached the manuals because then you know which versions of which doc I am referring to.

I will invoice you for 42.90* consultation fee, and don't even think of asking for a discount, because that's already @ mates rates. You Wanka :-D

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/...3000_front.jpg

* Edit: Just to point out 'for the benefit of the tape' that this is an imaginary joke fee which will neither be charged nor paid...

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 12:01 PM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote