Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #796
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,424
Report back and let us know how it works out. Several people have had this problem on the TR, and other liquid cooled bikes as well. I really think it comes down to an oversight by the dealer at delivery. They probably don't check this regularly, and on a new bike, they really haven't run it enough to notice the problem. The process of checking/fixing it is easy, and it is 15 minutes well spent on any new bike.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #797
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Heres my future vin:

ZKH0H12B5DV003656
Do you guys think it's from the 2nd batch with corrected low speed stammer?
Rayzor61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #798
NextAdventre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor61 View Post
I think there are two Tr650 threads, the other has over 187 pages

Here's my idea of my future Strada with hi and low fender (photoshopped)

Here it is in the flesh. I was not a fan so finished the conversion.

NextAdventre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #799
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

It didnt look right or it was there not enough clearance?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #800
flabbygears
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Kick stand kicking my butt

Picked up my Strada last Sunday and put around 300 miles on it this week. Not much not to like here.
...except what's with the kick stand? Mine doesn't lock properly in the down position so I've had a few parking lot almosts. Now I just hold it down with my foot and flop the bike onto the stand.
Anyone else?
I'm on my tip toes with this bike so it's a bit freaky dealing with the stand. Otherwise, thumbs up.
flabbygears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #801
Chazbo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by flabbygears View Post
Picked up my Strada last Sunday and put around 300 miles on it this week. Not much not to like here.
...except what's with the kick stand? Mine doesn't lock properly in the down position so I've had a few parking lot almosts. Now I just hold it down with my foot and flop the bike onto the stand.
Anyone else?
I'm on my tip toes with this bike so it's a bit freaky dealing with the stand. Otherwise, thumbs up.
Mine was OK but iffy when I got it from Bills. I picked up a Touratech foot and it made a huge difference. http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...na-TR650-Terra

It turns out that making the foot larger not only gives a bigger footprint, the bike has to be lifted more vertical to accommodate the larger arc and that keeps the side stand from retracting. There are other similar feet out there or you can make your own, and I nearly choked when the price rang up on this one, but it is very high quality, laser cut three piece assembly and is worth it to me.

I also find that pulling back on the handle bars when mounting/dismounting helps.
Chazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #802
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Somewhere, either here or Cafe Husky, someone posted a how-to on fixing the kickstand issue on the first run bikes. If I recall correctly, it was a really simple fix that just involved grinding a portion of it.

Anybody recall this?
Old 05-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #803
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Yep, here it is. The kick-stand fix.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/tr6...s.28603/page-2
Old 05-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #804
trapperj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Kick stand

I believe there's a couple of different ways to remedy the kick stand problem...I took a big crescent wrench and bent the bracket that holds the spring...both at the top and bottom....and it worked great....mine had a "hair trigger" worse than any I'd ever seen. I'd for sure have dropped it a couple times by now.
trapperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #805
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Very interesting stuff here....Thanks for doing the research RidingDonkeys

Whats all the stuff about the second round of bikes......I wanta know what round mine is. Considering its on the showroom floor, I would assume its from the second round with last six of vin 003656
Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #806
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor61 View Post
Very interesting stuff here....Thanks for doing the research RidingDonkeys

Whats all the stuff about the second round of bikes......I wanta know what round mine is. Considering its on the showroom floor, I would assume its from the second round with last six of vin 003656
The first round had massive kickstand problems. Theory was that Husky corrected this on the second batch imported. I don't think they did, I think some dealers just started fixing the problem in house during assembly.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #807
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

lol !!! i get what youre saying but I'm trying to distinguish the first round from the second round via vin #'s or production dates, or any other clue as to what round mine is from. A lot of bike Manufactures put a month and year on the frame steering yoke ( like 9/2012 ) for their 2013 year bikes. A second round might be like 12/2012 or 1/2013. I don't know what to look for and I'm praying my bike it dosnt have the low idle stumble because that and the kick stand issue are al the bad I could remember from the demo unit I rode for 15 minutes. The good was the power wheelies , braking, and tall stance for me. I needed more time but I got enough input to be able to tell if a "round two" bike has been corrected.

Sorry to bore the world (or at least these thread followers) but I have nothing else to do until I take delivery this Thursday. Nothing to do but learn about these things. I probably already know more then the dealer Sales rep.........

Rayzor61 screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 02:55 PM
Old 05-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #808
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

To my knowledge, nobody has established a pattern yet on the VIN's. We even tried constructing one on CH and came up with nothing.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #809
CatskillBill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Rayzor61 asked me to post some pics of my bar setup. I know its already been covered in this Thread, but I couldn't remember what page. Sheeez....somebody needs to make an Index!
It's always hard to decide what to put in a first post on a new forum. How's this?: I just finished the index.

Regards, Bill
CatskillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #810
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
It's always hard to decide what to put in a first post on a new forum. How's this?: I just finished the index.

Regards, Bill
that would be the best contribution a new member could ever do....but where is it? Did you buy a TR650 or just kicking it around? Tell us more, that would be a good alternative to no index..

I just finished (on the Triumph Rat.net) a 50 page essay with pictures on building my Street Tracker and I'm all out of words....I'm down to stupid redundent questions. Turns out there is two threads on the TR650 and finding stuff is hard...