Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Rugby4life OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 680
Anybody Found Accessories for the BMW C650GT?

It has been a real challenge to find accessories for the C650GT. Has anyone found aftermarket seats, windshields, etc? I have found an excellent set of driving lights from Rigid Industries using a pencil beam on the left side and a wide angle on the right to light up deer on the road side. They are small, draw 16 watts & 1.1 amps each to produce over 1000 lumens each. I have them aimed at the same level as the headlights so they don't blind oncoming drivers and run them full time at night. In high threat environments like rush hour in Atlanta I'll run them for daytime conspicuousness. At $150 each they aren't cheap but I'm loving them.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Jaqen H'ghar
Valar Morgoulis

Oddometer: 198
GPR exhausts in Italy makes a really nice looking can in 3 different finish's.
They have answered all my questions and given me a great price.
I think its much better looking then BMW's Akropovic. Check it out on Youtube.
search for: 2013 BMW c650 GT exhaust, it'll pop right up.

2014 R1200 RT
Jaqen H'ghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
PhilDinAZ
PhilDinTempe

Oddometer: 4
C650GT Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby4life View Post
It has been a real challenge to find accessories for the C650GT. Has anyone found aftermarket seats, windshields, etc? I have found an excellent set of driving lights from Rigid Industries using a pencil beam on the left side and a wide angle on the right to light up deer on the road side. They are small, draw 16 watts & 1.1 amps each to produce over 1000 lumens each. I have them aimed at the same level as the headlights so they don't blind oncoming drivers and run them full time at night. In high threat environments like rush hour in Atlanta I'll run them for daytime conspicuousness. At $150 each they aren't cheap but I'm loving them.

I purchase my C650GT in Nov and have about 3700 miles on it so far. But as usual the seat sucks. I have visited Corbin and they told me a seat is in the process of development as soon as they get time in R&D.

Corbin said they have had a 650GT in the back and are working developing one as well. But so far stock is it. Why does BMW engineer such a wonderful machine and then fit them for a 5'08" teenage boy weighing 125#?
PhilDinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
CGameProgrammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
I have a Russell Day-Long seat on my C650GT. They reuse the original seat pan which of course means they can make a seat for literally any bike, no matter how new.

I do want to replace the windshield but so far Cee Bailey is not making one (they're considering it but no real plans yet) and Aeroflow was considering it more strongly but is still not actually working on one yet. Disappointing.
CGameProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 300
BMW Tunnel Bag for sale

There's a BMW tunnel bag up for grabs on webbikeworld. Per their usual they've done an article on it and now it's in their garage sale section. You can also read their review if you're unfamiliar with the bag. It's priced at $87 shipped.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/sale/

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
PhilDinAZ
PhilDinTempe

Oddometer: 4
Post some pics please

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer View Post
I have a Russell Day-Long seat on my C650GT. They reuse the original seat pan which of course means they can make a seat for literally any bike, no matter how new.
Can you please post some pics of what Russell did with your seat?
PhilDinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer View Post

I do want to replace the windshield but so far Cee Bailey is not making one (they're considering it but no real plans yet) and Aeroflow was considering it more strongly but is still not actually working on one yet. Disappointing.
I've used GIVI, Cee Bailey, and Madstat on other scooters, really like the Madstat but don't know where they're at with one for the beemer. You might check to see. They're a smallish firm and like to work with owners to develop new models. That usually means the first one's free.

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
Rugby4life OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilDinAZ View Post
Can you please post some pics of what Russell did with your seat?
Yeah, you know the ADV rider rule: If you don't post pictures, it didn't really happen.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #9
Rugby4life OP
Studly Adventurer

Off With The Old, On With The New

At just under 7k miles I replaced the comprehensively used up Metzeler FeelFree tire with a set of Michelin Power Pure SC. I'll give an update when I have a couple of thousand miles on them.

After

Old 06-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
t6pilot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Saddleman leather lowered, and narrowed our c650gt seat has a gel insert and retained heating element, great improvement over stock
P3 lights in rear and photon blasters in front
t6pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 506
All the usual suspects

There is a Malossi and Polini variator available, as well as a windscreen, and other parts for the 600-650.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
Rugby4life OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
Saddleman leather lowered, and narrowed our c650gt seat has a gel insert and retained heating element, great improvement over stock
P3 lights in rear and photon blasters in front
ADV rules, if you don't have pics it didn't happen... Please
Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #13
Rugby4life OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPED MEDIC View Post
There is a Malossi and Polini variator available, as well as a windscreen, and other parts for the 600-650.
Where? And pics?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,695
Jon, why didn't you go to the darkside?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #15
Rugby4life OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post
Jon, why didn't you go to the darkside?
Because I don't like the feel of a squared off profile. When you lean into a turn it feels like the rear end has to dig itself out of a rut before it can lean over.