Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #391
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
Thanks to all who led me around and put up with my smoking 2 stroke. At least it is quiet and ugly.

Someone needs to teach Rufus how to ride on 2 wheels, just in case he ever needs to.

I was more than happy to share my shine and beer with all who partook. I ended up drinking some of someone elses shine, which was the same brand and flavor as mine when mine ran out. What are the odds of that?

Best catfish and pulled possum pork I've had since my granny quit cooking roadkill.

I met a Polish guy who should be doing stand up comedy. I met a New Zealander riding half way around the world on a DR 650 with the biggest gas tank I've seen even on a deuce and a half truck. I met at least 2 guys who carry more weight in tools than I do. Pretty impressive that. I met Toyman, who I think could actually properly use the 50lbs of tools I carry. I met a guy who goes through 4 back tires to one front from doing wheelies named Rufus. Already mentioned Rufus, but he deserves a second mention.

I broke one spoke, one mirror, one headlight bulb, and my rear wheel bearings went out but I made it back to the campground without walking.

I thought I'd be on the only 2 stroke, and surely the only GasGas 2 stroke, but I was mistaken. Darrel was on a cool new GG 2 stroke that looked as light as a bicycle. Or at least a trials bike.

I got to eat at the Oark store, and at Byrds great possum roadkill pulled meat, and some carp that tasted almost like really great catfish. If you can cook possum and carp that good, you deserve a few awards for culinary excellence.

First time I ever drank premium beer out of a keg! My keg drinkin has always been Bud, Coors, or Miller. Kinda weird for a redneck Arkie, from the hills, but I sure ain't complaining!

Is it really a whole year before ya'll do SLAP again? Why not a Fall and a Spring SLAP? I'll bring 4 quarts of shine and a 30 pack of whatever's on sale if you do.

Jeff.
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #392
Sir Dave
Big Dave

Oddometer: 68
WOW..what a great ride!!!

This was my second SLAP. WOW, what a great time, great ride, outstanding people, wonderful food (and plenty of it), gorgeous facility, cold beer, beautiful weather, and best of all...all the new friends we (THE RAT PACK from Texas) made. Any time an event comes off this flawless it means a tremendous amount of work and planning went into making it so. My hat is off to all of those who make the SLAP such a blast for the rest of us. I WILL be back next year, and I am bringing some more from Texas! We invited all we met to come to Texas and ride, but after thinking about it we told them....never mind we have nothing that compares to the riding in Arkansas. WOW. Thanks for the trophy, I hope to bring it back next year so you can pass it on to the "STUCK THE WORST" rider (who knows I might win it again...make it 3 years in a row)!
Thank you gentlemen...a superb event...we hated to leave.
See you next year!
Sir Dave
Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #393
guavadude
de-composer

Oddometer: 760
SLAP pics

Here are some pics of the 2013 SLAP and the team Vapor ride on Saturday.
Thanks again for a great time!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjFCn71J
guavadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #394
PatrickG450
point, aim and twist

Oddometer: 110
tried to register but linky no worky, say it is closed but also says we have until may 10th.

Help?
Old 05-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #395
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickG450 View Post
tried to register but linky no worky, say it is closed but also says we have until may 10th.

Help?

It's 2014, you're in the 2013 thread!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942935
Old 05-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #396
PatrickG450
point, aim and twist

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
It's 2014, you're in the 2013 thread!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942935
damn it!!!!!!!timing is everything