Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #1801
who's ur grandaddy ?
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbigkahunna View Post
I am not going to buy the FF is the fastest color. However when I park my truck beside my FF Ural I pick up a radio station in Albuquerque.
It's not the rig that is amplifying your radio signal . I'm willing to bet that you left your foil hat in the tub again . It is well documented that said headgear not only reflects mind control alien radio waves , but , amplifies New Mexico radio stations as well.
who's ur grandaddy ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #1802
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,612
In 9 days this thread will have its' birthday...
I admit I haven't read it all from page 1, yet. Been thinking on and off about joining the sidecar ranks. Thinking more since my face plant...
Anyway, & open.

In
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #1803
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
Thinking more since my face plant...
Just wait until you have a face plant on a hack. It is a MUCH more violent experience.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #1804
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Just wait until you have a face plant on a hack. It is a MUCH more violent experience.
Don't go scaring the poor guy, liable to make him go off and buy a BRP Spyder.

With all the nanny electronics, not sure if one can face plant without external force (i.e. another vehicle or really bad driving) but damn it they look so weird!

My wife is off at a BRP test ride today but no matter what she buys, I am keeping my Ural.

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.

Montague screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 10:30 AM
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #1805
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,612
Quote:
THANKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague View Post
Don't go scaring the poor guy, liable to make go off and buy a BRP Spyder.
That is NOT going to happen to me.
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #1806
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague View Post
Don't go scaring the poor guy, liable to make him go off and buy a BRP Spyder.

With all the nanny electronics, not sure if one can face plant without external force (i.e. another vehicle or really bad driving) but damn it they look so weird!

My wife is off at a BRP test ride today but no matter what she buys, I am keeping my Ural.
If she buys a Can Am, you will have the best of both worlds: the Ural for the dirt/expedition and the Can Am for fast touring in comfort... I have both and love them equally (OK I love more the Ural..Can Am is so weird and ugly...but 650 miles a day with no pain is a great argument!). Fact that I just broke, a little, my leg, last Sunday on a bike makes the 3 wheelers looking better and better!!
Prmurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #1807
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prmurat View Post
If she buys a Can Am, you will have the best of both worlds: the Ural for the dirt/expedition and the Can Am for fast touring in comfort... I have both and love them equally (OK I love more the Ural..Can Am is so weird and ugly...but 650 miles a day with no pain is a great argument!). Fact that I just broke, a little, my leg, last Sunday on a bike makes the 3 wheelers looking better and better!!
Yep, I hear you. She is just learning to ride this year at the tender age of 59 and to be honest, I would feel she is safer on the Spyder. They are an amazing machine in terms of modern technology, safety and comfort.

And I am not afraid to admit that I might drift in that direction but for now, I will stick with old Russian iron.

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #1808
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbigkahunna View Post
I am not going to buy the FF is the fastest color. However when I park my truck beside my FF Ural I pick up a radio station in Moscow.
I fix
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #1809
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
RD,
I just as soon wait as I'd prefer not to have that experience on my Ural.
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #1810
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,615
I know I am very late to this thread, but...

I want a rig of some sort, and there will be one in my relatively near future (as I get settled in a new area, and new job). I want a hack to go camping, take my dog, and eventually do a long adventure (My dream is to get absolutely lost on the TAT).

I do not have a ton of money, but I do ok.

My options are a new Ural, a used Ural, or a used non-Ural rig. I can not afford, nor do I have the time, to do a fully custom dual sport rig. I'd love a great DS rig, but how often do used ones come up for sale?

I decided to torture myself with the thread, and I will admit, for the first several pages, I was seriously upste because I sort of have my heart set on a Ural.

However, as I read and read and read (I haven't finished the thread, I don't have THAT much time on my hands), I started to get more confident. I've had problems on my previous bikes. Some are known issues that have been known issues for the entire life cycle of the model! Why should Ural problems be any worse? I am a member of a forum dedicated to one of my other bikes, and it also has a "Wrenching" section that would make you think they explode spontaneously if you look at them funny.

So, thank you Bokad, for convincing me...that I absolutely want a Ural.
Audaciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #1811
Warin
Retired

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audaciter View Post
My options are a new Ural, a used Ural, or a used non-Ural rig. I can not afford, nor do I have the time, to do a fully custom dual sport rig. I'd love a great DS rig, but how often do used ones come up for sale?
Patience and let people know you're looking. It will come over time if you have enough of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audaciter View Post
So, thank you Bokad, for convincing me...that I absolutely want a Ural.
Good to see you doing the research. Read MrCobs stuff and leave him a message, he could know of one available. No harm in asking.
Warin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #1812
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warin View Post
Patience and let people know you're looking. It will come over time if you have enough of it.

Good to see you doing the research. Read MrCobs stuff and leave him a message, he could know of one available. No harm in asking.
I appreciate it!

I'm still a ways off (several months at least) from any purchase, but I am keeping my on eye both the Flea market here, and the hack sub forum flea market thread.

My heart is leaning Ural. I just need to be careful to not let it over ride good research.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #1813
tattoogunman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Yeah, just keep an eye out for one. I spent years reading up on them and was finally able to get mine a few months ago. I was lucky to have a Ural expert in the neighborhood a week ago and he helped me get mine road worthy again. Everyone always told me to pick up a well sorted used one versus new - you'll save a ton of money. I don't think mine was as sorted out as I had hoped, but it's all good - it's good now.
tattoogunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #1814
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
Yeah, just keep an eye out for one. I spent years reading up on them and was finally able to get mine a few months ago. I was lucky to have a Ural expert in the neighborhood a week ago and he helped me get mine road worthy again. Everyone always told me to pick up a well sorted used one versus new - you'll save a ton of money. I don't think mine was as sorted out as I had hoped, but it's all good - it's good now.
It's definitely fun (and a bit torturous) having a look around.

The only reason I'd lean towards a new one is the warranty. Two years of having any and all issues sorted out for free sounds pretty good. But I am by no means opposed to a used one, or a non-Ural.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #1815
capuett
Scrambunctious Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
2011 Ural Patrol T for Sale

Reluctantly selling my 2011 Ural Patrol T; olive green color, 3700 miles, 17 months left on factory warranty. You can see a couple of pictures and get additional info here:

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...10501890?FLUSH=&
capuett is offline   Reply With Quote