ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #17281
Nortonrocks77
Adventurer
 
Nortonrocks77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
Lucky devil.
Thanks man, I have had to wait a week to get down there to buy it. Time is moving so slow.
Nortonrocks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #17282
Nortonrocks77
Adventurer
 
Nortonrocks77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Oddometer: 21
http://www.pandorasmotorsports.com/n...80&pov=3222103
Here is my new Tiger.
Nortonrocks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #17283
Snapper
Beastly Adventurer
 
Snapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Oddometer: 2,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortonrocks77 View Post
...I lucked out and found one in Chattanooga TN.... I am looking forward to the ride back to Indianapolis, I am stopping by Mammoth Cave Park.
Stay down there for a few days and carve up the twisties with the new toy.... that's some of the best riding in the world.

Congrats.
__________________
Lateral G Junkie
Fear Deer
Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #17284
Nortonrocks77
Adventurer
 
Nortonrocks77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
Stay down there for a few days and carve up the twisties with the new toy.... that's some of the best riding in the world.

Congrats.
Thanks, I would love to stay there, but that whole work thing. I have a friend that builds floating docks all around there. I will meet up with him in the future and do plenty of riding down there.
Nortonrocks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #17285
technikiller
Adventurer
 
technikiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortonrocks77 View Post
I am stopping by Mammoth Cave Park.
Skip the cave and go riding. Been there–it's a big cave–but it's not that great.
__________________
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"
– Hunter S. Thompson
technikiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #17286
RichardU
Let's Ride
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Marietta, GA
Oddometer: 900
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortonrocks77 View Post
... stopping by Mammoth Cave Park.
Begin Mammoth Cave simulation.
Close your eyes.
Walk into a few things.
Open your eyes.
End Mammoth Cave simulation.
RichardU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #17287
rrr70
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Comcord
Oddometer: 144
I put Rox risers on my Roadie 800. Thinking about raising bars a bit more for more comfort while standing. What are my options? XC+Rox? Will it work? Do I need to change cables/brake line?
rrr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #17288
Nortonrocks77
Adventurer
 
Nortonrocks77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by technikiller View Post
Skip the cave and go riding. Been there–it's a big cave–but it's not that great.
I would love to skip the cave, but it kinda something I have to do. It is a family day and I figure of I am making my wife drive down there, I kinda should do something to make the trip worth it for her. Plus my son loves caves.
Nortonrocks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #17289
Bugchewer
Piece of Work
 
Bugchewer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: WNY hills of Wyoming County, maple syrup & cheese!
Oddometer: 551
Triumph Tiger 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortonrocks77 View Post
I would love to skip the cave, but it kinda something I have to do. It is a family day and I figure of I am making my wife drive down there, I kinda should do something to make the trip worth it for her. Plus my son loves caves.

Aha...a man that knows how to invest and that will pay dividends in the future! Family time will be great and you'll still get some awesome riding in. Congrats on getting the XC! You will love it. Our son was stationed not far from Mammoth Cave at Ft. Campbell for awhile. I did get down there to ride but only once. Lots of nice backroads for you to discover. Have a great time and get dirty!
__________________
It seems humans would rather die than change or admit that they are mistaken - Richard Rohr
Bugchewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #17290
Nortonrocks77
Adventurer
 
Nortonrocks77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugchewer View Post
Aha...a man that knows how to invest and that will pay dividends in the future! Family time will be great and you'll still get some awesome riding in. Congrats on getting the XC! You will love it. Our son was stationed not far from Mammoth Cave at Ft. Campbell for awhile. I did get down there to ride but only once. Lots of nice backroads for you to discover. Have a great time and get dirty!
Right on thanks, and I it is the roadie I am getting. Just has the add-ons to look like the XC.
Nortonrocks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #17291
RodT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Westwood, CA.
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr70 View Post
I put Rox risers on my Roadie 800. Thinking about raising bars a bit more for more comfort while standing. What are my options? XC+Rox? Will it work? Do I need to change cables/brake line?

I bought some bars from an Explorer 1200 and was able to take the ROX risers off. The Explorer bars are a little wider than the stock XC bars and have about 1.5" more sweep. They are a lot better than the xc bars. But if you still want the xc bars, i'll make you a deal on the one's I took off my Xc.
__________________
Any fool can criticize,condem and complain and most fools do. Ben Franklin
RodT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #17292
rrr70
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Comcord
Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodT View Post
I bought some bars from an Explorer 1200 and was able to take the ROX risers off. The Explorer bars are a little wider than the stock XC bars and have about 1.5" more sweep. They are a lot better than the xc bars. But if you still want the xc bars, i'll make you a deal on the one's I took off my Xc.
Sorry for not explaining myself. I meant XC risers
rrr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #17293
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer
 
burmbuster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: South East USA
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr70 View Post
Is broken turn signals stalks a known issue on T800s? Found RR turn signal hanging on the wire. I guess another visit to the dealer tomorrow.
The is a recall for that. I just received it in the mail.
__________________
_______________
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R
burmbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #17294
XYooper906
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Fayetteville, GA USA
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortonrocks77 View Post
On Wednesday I will be buying a used 2013 Triumph Tiger. I lucked out and found one in Chattanooga TN. The guy bought it new, put 4901 miles on it and decided to trade it on the explorer. I get it for less than MSRP, and it already has the taller windscreen, panniers, hand guards, and fog lights. I am looking forward to the ride back to Indianapolis, I am stopping by Mammoth Cave Park.
Good for you! I did the same thing last year on a 2012 XC w/500+ miles on it. Actually bought it from a Park Ranger at Mammoth Cave NP! Say hi to Jed for me! Tell him I'm lovin' the bike!
XYooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #17295
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger
 
fullmonte's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Oddometer: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortonrocks77 View Post
I would love to skip the cave, but it kinda something I have to do. It is a family day and I figure of I am making my wife drive down there, I kinda should do something to make the trip worth it for her. Plus my son loves caves.
If he and your wife like cars, you can make a stop at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, which happens to be halfway between Chattanooga and Indy. My boys loved it.

I bought my 800XC from Pandora's too.
__________________
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015