ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #256
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltedcrawford View Post
Well, I've only been riding a year so I haven't discovered everything yet. The route you rode from the Quartz to Wichita Mts. is pretty good. The area south of there, where I live, can be fun but there's not a lot to draw someone. North and west of Quartz I've ridden some, but can't say I know it well. Most of what I've ridden has been on the OAT.

Having said that, I'd be more than willing to act as tour guide....but we both may be discovering the unknown gems at the same time.
I sometimes ride like I have only been riding for a week or two.

I did like the southwester part. I was able to put my nose down and boogie down those roads. It was a lot of fun until I tried to drive back on I-40 with a 40 mph wind from the north east. I think my neck still has a pulled muscle or two from the trip home. The only time I wish my DRZ had a windshield except the trip down to Mt. Scot and the trip back from the Slap rally ohh and the last time I rode back from OKC. Ok, I have fantasized about a windshield some times but not enough to get one.
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #257
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Well, I've only been riding a year so I haven't discovered everything yet. The route you rode from the Quartz to Wichita Mts. is pretty good. The area south of there, where I live, can be fun but there's not a lot to draw someone. North and west of Quartz I've ridden some, but can't say I know it well. Most of what I've ridden has been on the OAT.

Having said that, I'd be more than willing to act as tour guide....but we both may be discovering the unknown gems at the same time.
OK... when you get bored go ride this and tell us what you think...
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #258
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtjoe View Post
Kiltedcrawford--While riding the TAT, I considered the area near the Cowboy Cemantary most awesome!!!
So for years, I've been working on a "western swing "ride!!
I-35 to Black Mesa via back roads!
Do it in the summer and call it "The Fried Okie Run "
(Sorta the opposite of tje "Dual Sport from Hell " done in winter "
What do.you think??? Ideas?!? Thoughts???
Anyone interested????
You know, I've been thinking about a loop through western OK and the OK and TX panhandles.
I'm definitely interested.
kiltedcrawford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #259
mars
Starbucks anyone?

marsified version clock wise
Attached Files
File Type: gpx oat revised cw.GPX (218.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #260
mars
Starbucks anyone?

marsified version counter clockwise
Attached Files
File Type: gpx oat revised cc.GPX (218.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #261
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Now we're talking!
I see lots of potential there, and I've barely even driven a car through some of that western area.

When I get the time I'm all over it.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #262
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
I sometimes ride like I have only been riding for a week or two.

I did like the southwester part. I was able to put my nose down and boogie down those roads. It was a lot of fun until I tried to drive back on I-40 with a 40 mph wind from the north east. I think my neck still has a pulled muscle or two from the trip home. The only time I wish my DRZ had a windshield except the trip down to Mt. Scot and the trip back from the Slap rally ohh and the last time I rode back from OKC. Ok, I have fantasized about a windshield some times but not enough to get one.
Wind builds character.....or something.

Cropear's missing some eyebrow due to riding home from my house in a heavy crosswind and thick, bad fitting sunglasses under his helmet.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #263
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Wind builds character.....or something.

Cropear's missing some eyebrow due to riding home from my house in a heavy crosswind and thick, bad fitting sunglasses under his helmet.

i don't have a problem with adding miles to the oat, if it has a purpose. If there is beauty in the area you want it to go through, you guys are the local experts. build a route and we will run with it, only rule. the crazy sandy bottom, possibly dry, maybe rushing watter crossing stays. fyi when i started this project i lived in clinton.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #264
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Good good. I'll get out in the next few days, hopefully, and check out Dadayama's route. Looks like it'll be good and hot, and I know it'll be windy.
I'll also take Cropear's advice and report on any convenience store cuties I run into. Don't hold your breath, though.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #265
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
A couple of inmates and I are going to ride the Oklahoma Adventure Trail on June 14th, 15th and 16th (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

The goal is to try and ride the eastern half of the trail, until we have to head home to go to work on Monday.

Will be camping along the way, but because i don't know where we will be at the end of the day, I can't say where… but Oklahoma has no shortage of state parks.
We will ride at a steady pace not racing, i don't think the roads will be challenging except maybe in the far eastern section…
Will probably just eat out of stores or restaurants, but you are welcome to do what ever… a person could probably even stay in a hotel and meet up in the morning…

The plan is to meet at Lake McMurtry at the campgrounds on the west side of the lake Thursday evening after work or Friday morning if you live near by. Then we will hit the section starting at Perry and work our way east.

EVERY ONE is welcome to come along…

We will ride at a steady pace not racing, i don't think the roads will be challenging except maybe in the far eastern section…

Oklahoma Adventure Trail Link

Who all is coming?

Originally posted this in the OKC Metro Thread, might want to reply there. (Post 908)

If you have any questions PM me…

Also, if you can't start on Friday, you can always meet up with us on which ever day you can.
Just letting everyone know that this is happening... the group is growing... it should be fun...

Meet us when you can... I will check my PMs Thursday around 3 for the last time...

I will try to post updates either here or the OKC Metro thread... link is available in the above portion...

Hope even more people show up to ride and celebrate Oklahoma!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #266
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer

Leaving Lake McMurtry at 8am Friday morning... Northeast Oklahoma Friday night... Southeast Oklahoma Saturday night. ETC.... will keep you all updated...
Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #267
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 756
Hope the ride goes well. I'm jealous. Since i couldn't go on the ride i decided to make one of my vlog videos about the OAT to promote it. Once i get to ride it i'm going to do another video or two with highlights.

OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #268
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
Hope the ride goes well. I'm jealous. Since i couldn't go on the ride i decided to make one of my vlog videos about the OAT to promote it. Once i get to ride it i'm going to do another video or two with highlights.

That's a start, but the video comes to an abrupt end.

I have a question, do you always talk to us when you ride?

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #269
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
That's a start, but the video comes to an abrupt end.

I have a question, do you always talk to us when you ride?

Nice Bill!
I can't wait for your critique of the new Superman movie? Maybe they will let you in for free if you mention you are a movie criticizer.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #270
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 391
I loved that movie, and will melt someone's taco on Tuesday nights at Hugo's with my heat vision if it is denigrated!