Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
What?? Where'd she grow up!!
Sasakwa, down in Seminole County.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #2987
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,212
rride, the Husky NA site works just fine for me, and I'm not even in the US right now.

Are we talking Australia here, or Austria?
Old 06-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #2988
Chuffa
TR650 Terra

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by rride View Post
Now all the Husky hype is going to Australia

It's just the 1st step. We start the full invasion tomorrow
Chuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #2989
rride
Honda NH 750

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
rride, the Husky NA site works just fine for me, and I'm not even in the US right now.

Are we talking Australia here, or Austria?
It works fine, but look at the link change immediately will have an EN signifying England or English in UK. Why would NA Husky be advertising the 900 model (they never did before and have all but vanished on Google except for the Phantom link you are talking about - for the less perceptive)? But legally, it IS NOT the Husky NA link because it switches the link and they do not reside in North America anymore anyway. As a resident of Cafe Husky, you should know the members complaining about getting an email contact for Husky NA (now residing in Australia instead of California where it was a month ago). Go outside the TR650 forum in one of the general admin forums to find a whole bunch of posts where Cafe Husky is acting kindly as a middleman transmitting information to members (those 2 stroke guys are starting to sweat now, and after beating KTM's last weekend in a race too!)

If you have a link to Husky NA (without the EN in the link address), please post it
rride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #2990
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
It works fine, but look at the link change immediately will have an EN signifying England or English in UK. Why would NA Husky be advertising the 900 model (they never did before and have all but vanished on Google except for the Phantom link you are talking about - for the less perceptive)? But legally, it IS NOT the Husky NA link because it switches the link and they do not reside in North America anymore anyway. As a resident of Cafe Husky, you should know the members complaining about getting an email contact for Husky NA (now residing in Australia instead of California where it was a month ago). Go outside the TR650 forum in one of the general admin forums to find a whole bunch of posts where Cafe Husky is acting kindly as a middleman transmitting information to members (those 2 stroke guys are starting to sweat now, and after beating KTM's last weekend in a race too!)

If you have a link to Husky NA (without the EN in the link address), please post it

The Husqvarna Motorcycles North America website address has always been:
http://www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/

It works just fine. You are hitting the Husqvarna Motorcycles International website.
http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/

Are you trying to tell us that Husqvarna North America now resides in Australia?

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 06-15-2013 at 09:32 AM
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #2991
gregk205
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Don't feed the troll. All rride does is troll different threads. Go back and look at his previous replies in other threads.

Quote:

It works just fine. You are hitting the Husqvarna Motorcycles International website.

Are you trying to tell us that Husqvarna North America now resides in Australia?
gregk205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #2992
rride
Honda NH 750

Quote:

You must have had it saved, because if you put "husqvarna na" in GOOGLE (the world's most widely used search engine), it will come up with:
About 10,700,000 results (0.37 seconds)
Search Results
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA
www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/‎
Team Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder Celebrates EnduroCross PodiumJune 10 2013; FAR Husqvarna On The XC2 Podium at John Penton GNCCJune 3 2013 ...
which will put you immediately to this site:
http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/

The same thing happens if you enter, "husqvarna", again with the world's largest search engine Google.

Start from Google or the link either one, its the same thing. The site you had was what I saw up to a couple of weeks ago by putting that in Google. The link has been altered to another web site above. Yours is a non-existent site that owners cannot contact anyone (Thank goodness for Husky Cafe!) So maybe Husqvarna NA is in England who knows? Pierer has laid down too many leaves over his tracks to get a good reading on where they are exactly now. Husky has DEFINITELY moved to Australia though, home of KTM! I hope that is not news to you as well. Do you want me to go and get all the Cafe Husky posts about problems reaching Husky NA? I hate to be the one to spill the beans to you, but it's no big deal to the TR650 owners even if Husky bellies up. They got a deal any way you look at it.

I just thought you might have noticed being on Cafe Husky so much which has a lot of useful information, and you are the most aware person of every other aspect. Go figure. Not a big deal to you though like the other Husky model owners. The change we all assumed is coming in the logical manner it was assumed with a shark like the KTM CEO in his non-liability corporation (whether you knew it consciously or not, your subliminal conscious state was fully aware). KTM will live up to what they said... if the company is still solvent for sure. You guys still got a bargain no matter how you look at it. People can't build a bike as good as yours!

Peace.

rride screwed with this post 06-15-2013 at 12:02 PM
Old 06-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #2993
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,310
Googling it and hitting the link put me right to the NA site. But then I always viewed LA as being its own country . . . or planet. Maybe Google thinks the same.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=husky+motorcycles Hitting the first link takes me to HuskyNA
Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #2994
rride
Honda NH 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Googling it and hitting the link put me right to the NA site. But then I always viewed LA as being its own country . . . or planet. Maybe Google thinks the same.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=husky+motorcycles Hitting the first link takes me to HuskyNA
Butters, that is real slick, but yours goes to the same EN (i.e. in England) web address (switched from Husky NA site address).

Maybe you are from a different country than the US, England, Australia? Fancy programming but either you can't read my explicate post or you can't read the web address your final destination was at (a hollow site in England with 900's for sale - it must have been done at the last minute)
Old 06-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #2995
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

rride,

I Googled it, and got the right site. Google searches dynamically, and tailors the results for the user. It tracks you, seriously. I'm not a fan, but I tested it just for you.

I use Duck Duck Go. It doesn't track you. It shows Husqvarna NA as the first result too.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=husqvarna+na

Nevertheless, we have a bigger issue to clarify here.

AUSTRALIA has Kangaroos.

AUSTRIA has KTM's.

Two different countries. Two different continents. Big difference.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 06-15-2013 at 12:46 PM
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #2996
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,310
Sorry for the joke, I guess I assumed you might have a sense of humor. (I'm from California and pretty sure I still have one). Did it ever occur to you that the issue is with your computer/ISP? My browser clearly takes me to the NA site as it does for Riding Donkeys. Yours is re-directingto the .en site for whatever reason. But that seems specific to you, not a dead website.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #2997
rride
Honda NH 750

Quote:
rride,

I Googled it, and got the right site. Google searches dynamically, and tailors the results for the user. It tracks you, seriously. I'm not a fan, but I tested it just for you.

I use Duck Duck Go. It doesn't track you. It shows Husqvarna NA as the first result too.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=husqvarna+na

Nevertheless, we have a bigger issue to clarify here.

AUSTRALIA has Kangaroos.

AUSTRIA has KTM's.

Two different countries. Two different continents. Big difference.
OK

1. click on the Husqvarna NA site Google brings up.

2. it will bring you to the EN hollow Husky site. I can put it in all caps if that would help. (do 1. and then 2. --> look at address)

OK, KTM is going to Australia and their home is Austria. Wherever KTM's home is where Husky's will be for a transition period anyway. The transition is moving much quicker than I imagined and it looks like the Husky build up in stock may save KTM from ever starting up production again before it shuts down (Pierer said 10 years stock buildup - ?). Maybe not, but Husky NA sure did disappear fast, and I live about 20 miles from it (never got a return on several emails, and just sent another one - like all the Cafe Husky posters you never see either).

Good luck, and I thought you would be aware or a little more cognitive about computer interfaces. No, KTM's home country is NOT the main thing (Jesus!). The main thing is Pierer skipping out on Husky and leaving all those 2 strokes owners in the dark. But I think they knew, and TR650 owners got a gift no matter how you look at it. You can follow with a bunch of misleading posts now. I prefer not to lie and steal
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #2998
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
OK

1. click on the Husqvarna NA site Google brings up.

2. it will bring you to the EN hollow Husky site. I can put it in all caps if that would help. (do 1. and then 2. --> look at address)

OK, KTM is going to Australia and their home is Austria. Wherever KTM's home is where Husky's will be for a transition period anyway. The transition is moving much quicker than I imagined and it looks like the Husky build up in stock may save KTM from ever starting up production again before it shuts down (Pierer said 10 years stock buildup - ?). Maybe not, but Husky NA sure did disappear fast, and I live about 20 miles from it (never got a return on several emails, and just sent another one - like all the Cafe Husky posters you never see either).

Good luck, and I thought you would be aware or a little more cognitive about computer interfaces. No, KTM's home country is NOT the main thing (Jesus!). The main thing is Pierer skipping out on Husky and leaving all those 2 strokes owners in the dark. But I think they knew, and TR650 owners got a gift no matter how you look at it. You can follow with a bunch of misleading posts now. I prefer not to lie and steal
I am very aware of computer interfaces. I build networks for a living. If you'll listen, we are telling you why you are getting the results you are seeing. It isn't some massive conspiracy, it is just the way Google works.

When you click Butters link, it takes you to a page that just conducts a Google search for you. What you see, and what I see are two different things. To add fuel to the fire, I'm not even in North America right now, and the real Husky NA page is the first result for me, not www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en

Husky just got bought. Whenever one company buys another, especially a fledgling one, there are going to be changes. The first thing the buyer will do is halt or slow operations until they can do a major investigation into the internal operations of the purchased company. This normally means that employees of the company can't comment on operations or projections. If you email Husky and ask if there will be a 2014 Terra, they won't respond. They can't, because anything they say can come back to haunt them. It is Corporate Operations 101.

We do know that Husky NA is consolidating operations. Husaberg will be folded into Husky. So guess what, some stuff is going to have to close.

What never made sense, not once, is why BMW kept Husky NA in Corona, CA in the first place. BMW NA is based out of NJ. They probably could have saved a lot of corporate overhead by combining operations. I imagine that KTM has seen this, and will be doing the same. Distributing parts from East to West is also much cheaper than vice versa. It's just logistics.

If I'm Stefan Pierer, there would be no way I'd keep Husky NA in Corona. That would be very bad business, and I imagine that we will see it re-emerge somewhere else.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #2999
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Don't understand what all the long replies and hype is about regarding ownership of the brand. Let the money do what it does and enjoy riding before they outlaw us.

Lets share secrets about the TR650's or start another thread called "The future of Husky, BMW, and KTM" so all the speculators can rant and rave in their thread or special forum, sound good?

Rayzor61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #3000
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor61 View Post
Lets share secrets about the TR650's or start another thread called "The future of Husky, BMW, and KTM" so all the speculators can rant and rave in their thread or special forum, sound good?

We did. It's here.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881938

We're just trying to calm our resident conspiracy theorist.