Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.37 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #29461
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,248
Wicked My weekend on Strava!

We rode back to back days for the first time in a while, due to work, weather, etc. I'm starting to feel strong... VT trip in August. I'll be ready...
rbrsddn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #29462
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
We rode back to back days for the first time in a while, due to work, weather, etc. I'm starting to feel strong... VT trip in August. I'll be ready...

Me too actually - albeit more modest miles than you did. As always, great to get out.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #29463
Gaston Gagne
Past Easy

Oddometer: 1,758
Linville Mountain.

North Fork of the Catawba River. A few miles downstream, the water quality is seriously compromised.

I turned around and headed back up the OMVT. Some of it is pushing, but I think it's the easiest way to get to the top.

There is so much water lying in the flat foreground area.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #29464
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Just to give everybody a break from the more heroic efforts here, I made it out for 33 miles today. That's my record since I did my bicycling merit badge

El Guero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #29465
HondaBob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Awesome fathers day weekend! Took the boy on a 10 mile ride on the trail a bike Saturday and did 20 miles hashing on the single speed today. Good stuff!

Old 06-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #29466
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
Yea, having a job really kills amount of time you can ride,Wait till winter gets here it'll be worse

That's what high-powered LED lights are for!

edited to add: not that I brought em tonite. Forgot em. Went out ~12-13mi on the W&OD trail, then turned around and rode back. Got in appx 2hrs tonite after work. The trail map woulda looked like Mr Head's: straight out the trail, then straight back. Boring as all get out, but there was a co-worker to ride with and talk cyclocross with, so not all was as bad as it sounded.

I think what's gonna happen is if I work Sun, I'm going to start bringing my mtn bike and riding the trails just down from the shop. If I'm off, I'm gonna ride 4hrs of gravel. I'm hoping to be off 'cause you don't NEED the lead tech there on Sundays. (and that was the schedule we agreed on!)

M

Gummee! screwed with this post 06-16-2013 at 07:48 PM
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #29467
kbasa
Colnago!

Oddometer: 63,360
So here's yesterday: Ebbet's Pass from Markleeville. It's a pretty decent climb with amazing views. Waterfalls, alpine lakes, beautiful forests and amazing alpine meadows. It's a tricky descent at the top, but at the bottom, the pavement is glass smooth, the road just swoops up and down and around the corners. When I ride Death Ride, this will be the second of three passes. Monitor will be first.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #29468
kbasa
Colnago!

And here's today. We rode Carson, which was pretty awesome. We rode right by the spot where we had the first ADV event, Hope Valley. That was pretty cool.

While we were heading up today, Tina was playing roving SAG, same as yesterday. Yesterday, one of our guys took a tumble up near one of the lakes and needed to get SAGged back down to Markleeville. It was a great thing Tina was around; she got him down to town, where the wife of one of my team members took a look at him. She's a doctor, so she assessed him and off he went in the ambulance. He's OK today, but he went down hard.

Today's descent from Carson was pretty thrilling. I don't believe I've ever gone that fast that long on a bicycle. At the bottom of the hill, where we turned right, I was carrying a ton of speed and just kicked it up the next hill. I was about halfway up when I finally had to shift down out of top gear and get back in the saddle for the rest of the climb.

It was great. On Death Ride, this is the pass with the ice cream, so the objective is to get there before they run out!

Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #29469
TheNedster
Lurkapotamus

Oddometer: 850
Good stuff, rbrsddn. That's a pretty big weekend!

Dave, you're killing it.

In other news, I continue to suck out loud on the MTB. I need to watch some YouTube vids, get some DVDs, read a book, get a brain transplant from Johnny T....SOMETHING! Even the forest critters avert their eyes in embarrassment. Maybe I should down a couple of martinis before saddling up...courage and anesthesia all in one magic elixir!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #29470
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 21,582
Shortest ride ever...

It's been pouring down here every evening for a week, so when the sun appeared briefly, I thought it might be time for a quick ride. 'Quick' turned out to be about 15 minutes... and then the sky opened up again.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #29471
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Bicycle hooligans?

Britain is known for it's soccer hooligans, now it appears that bicyclists have followed suit. From a post on the UKGS forum today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by att View Post
[Cyclists] in London are playing with fire.
They have stooped to new depths in their fight against lorries.
They have been pushing the trailer brake button on trailers, this stops the driver from driving off at traffic lights, as he has to get out of the cab to release the brakes, but more worryingly, some cyclists have been trying to pull the pin that keeps the trailer attached to the unit.

I foresee lots of cyclists injured, as drivers beat the shit out of them

Won't be long before one is crushed under the wheels of the trailer though, as the button for the brake is usually just in front of the rear wheels and you have to reach under the trailer to operate it I know what I would do
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #29472
inyang
5secs away

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
It's been pouring down here every evening for a week, so when the sun appeared briefly, I thought it might be time for a quick ride. 'Quick' turned out to be about 15 minutes... and then the sky opened up again.
?

What stopped the ride?

Rule 9
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #29473
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 5,868
Father's Day ride fail.
I failed to ride on father's day.
But, I did get up early, make breakfast and watch MotoGP warm up.
Then my wife and I drove to south county got GPS lost and found. Bought a table for her to re-make into a home desk. Then found a quiet place for lunch at noon exactly.
It's like I'm retired on weekends! I get hungry at noon, and five.
Then back home to clean up the garage so my wife could play with the table project and I would have room for the "Move The TV Project" next weekend.
That involved filling one recycling bin with cut up cardboard boxes.
Saved the big pieces for garage work, but ran out of room before I got to the bicycle frame box.

By the time I got done assembling the last of the clothes racks, (Two daughters and a wife. do the math)
I had sweated through my clothes and was leaving puddles of sweat when I sat on the concrete floor. Yes, it was warm in the garage. I retired to the couch for a bit to re-hydrate and watch the MotoGP race.

Then prepped stuff for dinner, cause it was Father's Day so the grilled had to be fired up.My wife then told me she had to drive to Long Beach to pick up the oldest daughter from the airport.
Hmm, dinner delayed.
I know! Moto2, and Moto3!
Nobody talked the entire time.
I finally gave up and grilled the chicken and put aside to rest, figuring if they didn't get home soon, I'd just eat alone.

Plane was late, wife took a wrong turn... Dinner finally at 9PM.
yummy.
Got to bed way too late, but will get a ride in tonight.
Short one though.
As of Saturday I'm over 500 miles since getting home from Arizona in May.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #29474
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyang View Post
?

What stopped the ride?
I didn't want to get my bike wet.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #29475
kbasa
Colnago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
I didn't want to get my bike wet.
Oh, brother.

Boeshield, man. Boeshield.