tire pressure

Thanx, Van.
Gonna tackle some sand whoops this weekend
wingnut racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #1292
FutZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Get my BW350 tonight! Going riding tomorrow, they have a sale at Menard's this weekend for a sharper image gopro knockoff 720p for $20 after the rebate. I will have that out with us so we shall see how it does.
FutZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #1293
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutZ View Post
Get my BW350 tonight! Going riding tomorrow, they have a sale at Menard's this weekend for a sharper image gopro knockoff 720p for $20 after the rebate. I will have that out with us so we shall see how it does.

have fun, put the vid on you tube when u got time.\\\
DEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #1294
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

anybody runnin around with a rear sproket that has been modded for the 350? i saw 6peppers video. my sproket is in great shape, but i like to be prepared.

what should i do with my old cdi, toss it, keep it just in case it can be repaired in the futurama?
Old 06-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #1295
wingnut racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
These things love sand!!!

http://youtu.be/7wQ7GJlPM6g
wingnut racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #1296
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut racer View Post

nice video, thanks for sharing. the terrain here is quite rocky, must be nice riding on sand.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #1297
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Oddometer: 734
wingnut racer,

Loved the video. That terrain is exactly what we ride in up here. Except there is no fun sand but lots of mud, swamps and slimy hill climbs. Maybe I should move.

Deaver,

I haven't done the 350 sprocket modification yet but I have a bike that is reaching the limits of the adjusters, so I will have to do one soon.

Cliff has a bike that is so desperately in need of a sprocket, that the bike practically begs and pleads for maintenance when you push it backwards. The sprocket teeth are so bent over that the bike pops as the chain gets caught in the sprocket when it is reversing. We have begun to call Cliff "Captain Hook" when he rides this bike.

We have thus far avoided fixing the issue by not pushing that bike backwards so much.

Still, it is going to have to be dealt with soon. Or soonish.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 06-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #1298
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

pics and/or tutorial when you do, may kickstart this forum again, plus i'd be super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BigWheel View Post
wingnut racer,

Loved the video. That terrain is exactly what we ride in up here. Except there is no fun sand but lots of mud, swamps and slimy hill climbs. Maybe I should move.

Deaver,

I haven't done the 350 sprocket modification yet but I have a bike that is reaching the limits of the adjusters, so I will have to do one soon.

Cliff has a bike that is so desperately in need of a sprocket, that the bike practically begs and pleads for maintenance when you push it backwards. The sprocket teeth are so bent over that the bike pops as the chain gets caught in the sprocket when it is reversing. We have begun to call Cliff "Captain Hook" when he rides this bike.

We have thus far avoided fixing the issue by not pushing that bike backwards so much.

Still, it is going to have to be dealt with soon. Or soonish.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #1299
FutZ
Adventurer

Ride Report

So video didn't turn out. I had mounted it to the front rack of my wife's Kodiak and now I know why everyone does a helmet mount. I will rig up a helmet mount for the next outing. The video was so shakey it was impossible to watch. That and 90% of it was just a dust trail.

The BW200 did good in the sand and the trails but the silencer is missing so that was the main issue there. The BW350 well it looked great in the pictures but once I got a closer look at it I think I paid a little to much for what I got. The carb was half clogged, starter is broke, the chain broke at one point and snapped off part of the engine case but no leaks, the clutch needs adjusted, it needs new break shoes, no kick stand, kick start lever has been twisted around, and by the end of the 2nd ride the idle was really high.

All that aside it was a great day. Although my Dad somehow managed to ignore all the issues with it and ride it like he stole it. I however spent the whole time on it just trying to keep it shinny side up. I obviously need more two wheel dirt riding experience. I've always been two wheels on the street and four off road. I will be going through the video tonight to see if I can grab some stills and snap a few photos of them in the stable.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #1300
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

they're definitly old bikes for sure, but with a carb rebuild and a good cleaning, it'll purr nicely. as long as the CDI doesn't act up. i gotta say these bikes are so versitile, i can't believe they haven't risen from the dead already for the next generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutZ View Post
So video didn't turn out. I had mounted it to the front rack of my wife's Kodiak and now I know why everyone does a helmet mount. I will rig up a helmet mount for the next outing. The video was so shakey it was impossible to watch. That and 90% of it was just a dust trail.

The BW200 did good in the sand and the trails but the silencer is missing so that was the main issue there. The BW350 well it looked great in the pictures but once I got a closer look at it I think I paid a little to much for what I got. The carb was half clogged, starter is broke, the chain broke at one point and snapped off part of the engine case but no leaks, the clutch needs adjusted, it needs new break shoes, no kick stand, kick start lever has been twisted around, and by the end of the 2nd ride the idle was really high.

All that aside it was a great day. Although my Dad somehow managed to ignore all the issues with it and ride it like he stole it. I however spent the whole time on it just trying to keep it shinny side up. I obviously need more two wheel dirt riding experience. I've always been two wheels on the street and four off road. I will be going through the video tonight to see if I can grab some stills and snap a few photos of them in the stable.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #1301
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

Deaver,

I like to think that we are in a little bit of a lull because everybody is out riding right now. That's the way it should be, right?

I wish it was true for me, because I'm waiting for a new tire to show up to replace the KT647m that died an inglorious death after being ridden home completely flat. I guess 20 years of service was enough.

There is so much to do this time of year that it makes it tough to attend to the thread.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #1302
DEAVER
Gnarly Adventurer

For sure. what tire are you going with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BigWheel View Post
Deaver,

I like to think that we are in a little bit of a lull because everybody is out riding right now. That's the way it should be, right?

I wish it was true for me, because I'm waiting for a new tire to show up to replace the KT647m that died an inglorious death after being ridden home completely flat. I guess 20 years of service was enough.

There is so much to do this time of year that it makes it tough to attend to the thread.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #1303
Mr. BigWheel OP
b00b

I ordered a Mud Lite. I've been wanting to try the Mud Lites for a long time but have never pulled the trigger because they can't be effectively studded for winter operations.

This is a 24x12 tire for the 10" aluminum rim. Unfortunately, it will show up too late to race in this weekend's only off-track motorcycle race.

Cliff, on the other hand, is much better prepared to to represent the BW clan with an operational bike. Is there some way we can collectively guilt him into appearing for the race?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #1304
FutZ
Adventurer

So the neighbor kid was over last night checking out the new toys in the garage and I took the BW200 for a spin around the yard. It was like I rang a "manly stuff is happening" alarm. Next thing I knew I had 5 guys standing in the driveway talking about bikes for the next couple of hours. If only we could find a way for it to attract women like that. Oh well I guess if it did my wife would make me sell them.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #1305
LDL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Come on Cliff , you can do it man ! If I wasn't all the way down here in Texas I'd come up and run it with you guy's . The way I've got this 200 running I might be able to stay insight of you all at least . This just may be your year for bringing home the gold .
LDL is offline   Reply With Quote