Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #451
6xp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Carrs R.R. Trial

Hop-Sing

Is it OK to bring a couple of trials bikes for sale to your event? Thanks.
6xp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #452
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Used Trials Bikes

Heck ya, it is a good place to sell trials bikes. They are hard to find.
Bring those bikes out. we will put them around the sign in table, or someplace everyone will see them.

Tell your friends about this event. every year after the event everyone will tell me they have always wanted to go to one.

If one of those bikes is running you should enter the event. This is the best event to start at as we have lines for any riding ability. I am serious if you can let the clutch out you could ride. Saturday is the place to begin. I could let you ride without being a member of any club. just the price of rider fees. I think its 30 bucks.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #453
Gordo83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Just curious what you folks think about ahrma adding a Post Vintage class to their line up. By Post Vintage, I'm talking about bikes from the late 70's and early 80's that are still air cooled, have drum brakes and twin shocks.
Just got back from Unadilla, and it would appear that adding Post Vintage MX was a huge success. Many racers brought two bikes with them so they could run both classes and the racing was fantastic!!
Do you folks think the same would happen with Trials?
Gordo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #454
Old Geezer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo83 View Post
Just curious what you folks think about ahrma adding a Post Vintage class to their line up. By Post Vintage, I'm talking about bikes from the late 70's and early 80's that are still air cooled, have drum brakes and twin shocks.
Just got back from Unadilla, and it would appear that adding Post Vintage MX was a huge success. Many racers brought two bikes with them so they could run both classes and the racing was fantastic!!
This has been proposed to the powers in Ahrma at least three times that I know of and has been vote down. Which is why a lot of us have moved on, and joined ITSA. www.mtwestvintagetrials.org

76 TY175
Whitehawk 80
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #455
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
I thought AHRMA classic trialling was just about finished in the US now? Heard there were less than 20 entries at one of their events recently?

Looks like ITSA is providing what the riders actually want, and as it has sensible rules its possible to turn up at an event and compete on pretty much any bike, which I think has to be a good thing.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #456
Gordo83
Gnarly Adventurer

I am very familiar with ITSA. Unfortunately, neither ITSA nor ahrma come very close to New England with their series.
Exactly who are these people voting it down? I would be interested in hearing their reasons for not wanting to expand Vintage Trials.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #457
Old Geezer
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I am very familiar with ITSA. Unfortunately, neither ITSA nor ahrma come very close to New England with their series.
Exactly who are these people voting it down? I would be interested in hearing their reasons for not wanting to expand Vintage Trials.
Well to answer the first part of your post. When we became disenchanted with Ahrma, the ITSA series did not come close to our area (CO, NM, WY) so we started our own series as a ITSA chartered region. Now in our second year one of our events will be a ITSA National so things can happen if you work at it.

As for those in Ahrma who keep rejecting the expansion of Trials, its the Trustees that the membership elects. Some of who get reelected time and time again. This discussion has been covered in numerous post on several web sites. If you want to talk more on this just give me a call.

76 TY175
Whitehawk 80
Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #458
Gordo83
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks.
I have sent you an email with my email address. If you reply with your phone number, I will call.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #459
Old Geezer
Gnarly Adventurer

Email sent.

76 TY175
Whitehawk 80
Old 06-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #460
dean-o
Dabs often

Oddometer: 819
Rode two day ITSA in Tennessee this weekend

Really enjoyed the trials in goodlettsville on my B & J equipped TLR200 - that's a fun simple motorcycle!
Drag your old bikes out & start a local ITSA charter - great fun...
Dean@learntoride.org
615 545 1111
Old hickory, tn
dean-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #461
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

We really need something like ITSA here in the UK. There are no rules related to the older bike classes, and its easily possible to spend 10K+ on building a Brit powered Frankenstein machine to ride in the "P65" class. No problem with that, but it obviously means those with more authentic bikes might as well stay home, and I guess that as there are also no rules related to twin-shock, that class will soon be going the same way here in the UK?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:48 AM   #462
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:

I still have my KT255 Kawasaki, vintage 1975 for sale if you are interested. PM me. The sport just died in the MidEast around Michigan.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #463
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,402
Quote:
AHRMA's refusal to add such a class is one of the reasons I gave up on them.
The fact that they have that class for race bikes but won't do it for Trials bikes say's "we don't want you Trials riders" in my opinion.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #464
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post
AHRMA's refusal to add such a class is one of the reasons I gave up on them.
The fact that they have that class for race bikes but won't do it for Trials bikes say's "we don't want you Trials riders" in my opinion.
AHRMA has a tough time creating sections that suit the premier heavyweight motorcycles and modern classics let alone adding post vintage to the mix. The heavyweight bikes are difficult to ride in anything other then traditional trials sections and the post vintage riders would be bored silly. Most modern trials held now have a vintage class so I would suggest taking your post vintage machines and ride them. I have ridden a couple modern trials on my classic class Bultaco and would consider the sections as equal or harder then AHRMA 2 line. Again anyone riding a post vintage machine would be bored and unhappy at an AHRMA event.
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #465
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmst6829 View Post
AHRMA has a tough time creating sections that suit the premier heavyweight motorcycles and modern classics let alone adding post vintage to the mix. The heavyweight bikes are difficult to ride in anything other then traditional trials sections and the post vintage riders would be bored silly. Most modern trials held now have a vintage class so I would suggest taking your post vintage machines and ride them. I have ridden a couple modern trials on my classic class Bultaco and would consider the sections as equal or harder then AHRMA 2 line. Again anyone riding a post vintage machine would be bored and unhappy at an AHRMA event.

And I guess thats one of the reasons some AHRMA events have less than 20 entries, and ITSA seems to be going from strength to strength?