|06-17-2013, 12:24 PM||#1|
TPB all the way
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas at large.
Republic of Texas Rally Fest
Officials with Austin/Travis County Emergency Medical Services responded to 21 motorcycle-related incidents during the four-day Republic of Texas Biker Rally.
– adult male lost control of his motorcycle, hit a fixed object at greater than 40 mph, refused EMS transport.
– auto vs motorcycle, adult male transported to University Medical Center Brackenridge with minor injuries.
– two motorcycle crash, two patients, adult male and adult female, 52 year old female no helmet had critical head injuries, adult male less serious injuries, EMS transported to University Medical Center Brackenridge.
– auto vs motorcycle, 59 year old male transported to University Medical Center Brackenridge with non-life threatening injuries.
– 35 year old male, single occupant motorcycle rider, lost control of the vehicle, head injury and combative patient, medics transported to Round Rock Hospital.
– two motorcycle crash in the intersection, three riders/patients, two refused EMS treatment and one adult female minimal injuries transported to Brackenridge.
– in front of the Expo Center, motorcycle vs 18-wheeler, adult male evaluated by EMS, patient refused hospital transport.
– adult female injured on a small “scooter”. Medics evaluated at the scene, patient refused transport to the hospital.
- adult male lost control of his motorcycle, EMS treated for non-life threatening injuries and transported to Brackenridge.
– 45 year old male on a motorcycle hit the guardrail at speed greater than 55 mph, open femur fracture, medics treated at the scene and requested STAR Flight for transport to Brackenridge.
– northbound service road, 45 year old male, high sped motorcycle crash into another vehicle, patient initially unresponsive however became more alert, medics transported to Brackenridge.
– Travis County Expo Center on the grounds, 44 year old male motorcyclist struck by another motorcyclist in the parking lot, possible ankle fracture, EMS transported to Brackenridge.
– medics treated an adult male when he fell from his motorcycle and transported him to Brackenridge.
– 51 year old male “forced” to lay his motorcycle down, transported to Brackenridge with non-life threatening injuries.
– adult male and adult female on separate motorcycles collided, medics treated both patients at the scene and transported to Brackenridge with non-life threatening injuries.
– adult male with head and face injuries after he drove his motorcycle into the rear of a large SUV. Paramedics transported to Brackenridge.
– at the Expo Center, 45 year old female pedestrian struck from behind by a golf cart, possible ankle fractures(s), EMS transported to Brackenridge.
- near the Expo Center, adult male motorcycle rider with head lacerations and to possible extremity fractures after he was struck in the head by something thrown from a passing vehicle,EMS transported to Cedar Park Medical Center.
– 35 year old male, “forced to lay his motorcycle down”, extremity pain, EMS evaluated at the scene and patient refused hospital transport.
– 58 year old male motorcycle rider struck from behind by another vehicle, injuries include “road rash” and back pain, EMS transported to Brackenridge.
– two adults on one motorcycle, adult female thrown against the guardrail pronounced dead at the scene, 31 year old male not wearing a helmet transported by ATCEMS with potentially serious injuries to Brackenridge.
"Nobody understands what you're know what I'm sayin"
The RideDualSport Forum
Alaska Deep Adventure
RideDualSport.com screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 02:19 PM
|06-17-2013, 02:46 PM||#3|
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: The great state of Idaho
You know what they say "Everyone's dumber in Texas" and "Texans are so dumb they could be their own country"
or something along those lines...
|06-17-2013, 05:52 PM||#4|
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Kingdom of Belgium
"forced to lay his motorcycle down" - count: 2
Only 2 HD at the rally?
On a serious note: so many people with potentially serious injuries (if not properly and timely treated) refusing transport. Has an unhealthy sound.
Moriunt omnes pauci vivunt
|06-17-2013, 06:11 PM||#5|
a quiet adventurer
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Small Town, Texas
Our VFD responded to a moto down on IH10 just outside of my hometown. The guy was returning to Houston from Austin and entered IH10 from the 71 bypass. Traffic slowed, but he didn't notice soon enough.
Looks like he locked it up and jack-knifed his trailer. He was medivac'ed to Houston. No gear so he had a head injury and plenty of road rash. The medics damn near had heat stroke packaging the patient for flight.
Not a good experience...
|06-17-2013, 07:42 PM||#6|
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Barton Springs, Texas
Friday a mid 40's guy following his fiance missed the curve and hit a fence just north of Llano. Died at the scene. I'd add this to the list.
|06-18-2013, 08:43 AM||#9|
Sharp and Pointy
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Good Judgement comes from Experience,
Experience usually comes from Bad Judgement.
Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies.
|06-20-2013, 04:29 PM||#10|
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: left coast
|06-22-2013, 10:38 AM||#12|
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Granbury Texas
Mr. Potato State. If we are so dumb, why are we the fastest growing state in the union? Besides who cares about a state known for potatoes. NO ONE.
Texas means: Fierce State Pride Individualism Strength Strong work ethic
Wide open spaces Incredible Diversity Etc.etc.etc...
DO not judge all of Texas by the idiots who attend the ROT. Most of them are from California(Escapees).
|06-22-2013, 11:40 AM||#13|
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Almost East Texas
Failed the entrance exam = Hater.
He can't help it. Some folks just can't cotrol themselves and refuse to stay on their meds.
P.S. I wish all the left coasters and yanks would go back where they came from and stop messing up our good thing.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|