Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #3421
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamintwin View Post
Question: what kind capasitors do I need for repairing?
And how to prevent in the future the same problem ?
Probably not the right place to ask in a vendor's thread, but, looks like the circuit board guy wasn't talking to the reflector guy, and even if you were able to test one (SMD ceramic caps aren't usually marked from what I remember), it would be destroyed again in short order by the poor placement. I would hit up the ebay vendor and ask for a replacement, then cut your losses, and pick up a nice set from sanjoh here.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #3422
OkieGman
Working Stiff

Oddometer: 107
Ordered a pair of M60's with the rotary dimmer this morning.

I would like to thank Sanjoh for all his help through PM's and e-mails. Sanjoh answered all my questions promptly, helping me choose the correct lights for my needs.

I will try to remember to post some pics once I receive and install the lights.

Thanks again,
OkieGman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2005 BMW R1200GS (Limey - yes it's lime green)
2007 Honda XR230R (x2 - for wifey and I)
OkieGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #3423
Squelch
Everyday People

Oddometer: 1,103
So does anyone have these mounted to their Touratech crash bars on an F800GS? I just ordered a pair of Model 30s, want to mount them to my crash bars, and would like to see your solutions.

I probably should have asked this question before I ordered...

Never mind, I just ordered the mount on Sanjoh's website. It should do the trick!

Squelch screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 07:52 PM
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #3424
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieGman View Post
Ordered a pair of M60's with the rotary dimmer this morning.

I would like to thank Sanjoh for all his help through PM's and e-mails. Sanjoh answered all my questions promptly, helping me choose the correct lights for my needs.

I will try to remember to post some pics once I receive and install the lights.

Thanks again,
OkieGman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
So does anyone have these mounted to their Touratech crash bars on an F800GS? I just ordered a pair of Model 30s, want to mount them to my crash bars, and would like to see your solutions.

I probably should have asked this question before I ordered...

Never mind, I just ordered the mount on Sanjoh's website. It should do the trick!
Thank you for your business.

Let me know if you have any questions on the install.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #3425
Squelch
Everyday People

Oddometer: 1,103
I ordered yesterday and received the lights today, from FL to MO, wow!

I stupidly forgot to order the crash bar brackets though, (should have asked first) so I have to wait for them to arrive to actually install the lights. And I have to figure out where/how to install the switch. Once all that is done, I plan on heading out in the middle of nowhere one night to see how it all looks. But there's plenty of middle of nowhere around here...
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #3426
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
I ordered yesterday and received the lights today, from FL to MO, wow!

I stupidly forgot to order the crash bar brackets though, (should have asked first) so I have to wait for them to arrive to actually install the lights. And I have to figure out where/how to install the switch. Once all that is done, I plan on heading out in the middle of nowhere one night to see how it all looks. But there's plenty of middle of nowhere around here...
Thanks for your business!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #3427
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,314
It's been a while since I stopped in here. I finally got the electrical sorted out and these installed permanently. Even made a snazzy custom bracket for the 60. Surprisingly, the DR650 stock stator keeps up with all 3 at an idle. Even with an upgraded 80/100 high beam.

Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #3428
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
Got my lights on Friday and got the installed on the weekend. Ordered a pair of model 60's and a pair of model 30's.

Installed on my FJR that will be used for iron butt and rally riding. Here's the install in progress.

Both lights are wired into the remote control unit from ADVmonster. On the FJR the stock lights don't come on until the engine is started, so I used another relay to power up the lights when the headlights come on. Then hooked up the highbeam trigger to the highbeam and horn :).

Here's the aux lights at about 20%. Of course, a direct shot makes everything seem so much brighter.

I've since done a few night rides and have them adjusted to my liking now. The model 30 spots on the bottom are aimed in so they cross about 100 meters in front of the bike. The model 60's are aimed out just a tiny bit to illuminate the sides of the roads more and incinerate forest rats. The Model 60's are intense. The model 30's, while only 1500 lumens, do a great job with the spot pattern and fill that gap straight ahead between the model 60's.

On my Hayabusa, I have a set of the quad cree 3k+ lumen LEDS from 24x7diy, and I have to say the ADVmonster lights are enough brighter that they are worth the extra $30 for a set. Also, shipping time from ADVmonster was way faster.

Once I add a switch to the system to power down the AUX lights completely I will post up some comparison shots. So far, I am very pleased with this setup.

P.S. Sanjoh - I sent an email about some extra brackets. Let me know if you got it.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #3429
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,314
I found in my Dr a set unused plugs that power on with the key. Same deal as most here as far as setup. Used those wire to switch the relay, then wire right off the batt for led power.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #3430
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
So, after my install above, I did something stupid the next day and dropped the bike on the side. Lands right on the light brackets of course. The lights did OK, the ADVmonster brackets got all bent up.

I email Sanjoh and ask if they can send just two brackets to replace the ones I have and how much it will cost. Next morning, he emails me back and asks how many I need. I reply and confirm I needed two. Next thing I know, I get a notification from their shipping system that they have sent a package to me :)

So, just wanted to say thank you publicly and let folks know about this instance of great customer service. Thanks again!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #3431
Dethrok
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 25
Light Install

So I installed my ADVMonster lights this past week. I mounted them on the headlight bucket bolts on my Scrambler and am quite happy with it.

Install was 2 30s hooked to a dimmer switch. I especially love the "full bright" on High Beam option.

So far so good - nice and bright. I can now ride my bike at night and not be scared to death of hitting something 3 meters in front of me.

Here are a few pictures...

Dethrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #3432
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Live from the Biltmore

Stop by and see us at the Vendor tent.

Knobbies rockin the front lawn

Highly recommend Cedrics Brown Ale

Old 06-21-2013, 03:59 AM   #3433
Stewcast
n00b

Oddometer: 2
First Try-Wiring Q

Ohh, Boy, Here I go into the deep end with some questionable creatures....

Need a bit of help....wiring is not my strength! Here's where I'm at-

1988 R100RT
MM10 aux lights
Skene Controller

Switch Power....for both....Tried off the headlight white wire (which has an Eastern Beaver Relay on it) -it works the lights and all, but I can't get the high beam to activate the MM10's. It's working on low beam and Jerry Skene suggested pulling power off the parking light, but the bulb is burnt and I can't get it to work that way when I tried tapping it....my voltmeter isn't for 12V systems.....garrhhhhh....stupid. Stupid! STUPID!!!!

Where else would you recommend? Should I separate the two switch power wires?

Could I be any more vague? Is there a doctor in the house? Moderator?!!
Calgon!??
Stewcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #3434
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 963
Plenty info here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869339

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #3435
Stewcast
n00b

Oddometer: 2
RoundOz
I bow to your Seasoning.
I will peruse and attempt to rectify.

Many thanks!

Oh, wait, did I mention that when I look at wiring diagrams, my brains leak out my ears? They're in Swedish, right?
Stewcast is offline   Reply With Quote