Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #181
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
That'll shop vac right on out.

I'm not kidding, I probably vacuumed out a half gallon or more of water.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #182
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
It's a roadster...who would ever put an auto in a car like that? 5-speed of course.
Post up when you decide to sell, I may be interested.
trailer Rails is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #183
BillsR100
Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
You'd be suprised at how many autos are out there.
My wife's 1999 Miata is auto and she absolutely loves it. although my 97 is standard, it's kinda nice to drive her miata. Also the auto trans in her miata is amazingly smooth and also has the "sport" button if you want to keep the RPM's up higher, which she uses often in the city because it makes the AC compressor run faster and thus the AC is colder.

BillsR100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #184
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
I out a VooDoo satin on mine, it does get hot in the direct sunlight. Very hot.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #185
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,547
I have a black powder coated James barone racing knob, it weighs about 2lbs.
I bought a half dozen iPod nano socks on eBay for $3.00
Warm in winter, shade for summer.

RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #186
Mike.Gail
Intentionally Blank

Oddometer: 2,294
If you do a google image search for "hurst shifter miata" the first picture is a stock image of my shift knob, and the next three images are pictures I took of my shifter. Ymmv.

"Injuries are the price we pay for not having sat around on our asses!" - Steve in ATL
Mike.Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #187
RedRocket

I just installed this Harddog Deuce, and it made the back half feel like a brand new car.
20+ years and over 250,000 miles made for a loose floppy feeling body, and now the ass-end feels solid. The rear suspension's actions are much better felt now.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #188
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,132
Nice looking bars. They have the look of a "style bar" but they will actually work in a roll-over.

I'm too tall to put any kind of rollbar in my '91, unless I bolted the seat directly to the floor and I'm way too lazy to do that

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #189
RedRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Nice looking bars. They have the look of a "style bar" but they will actually work in a roll-over.

I'm too tall to put any kind of rollbar in my '91, unless I bolted the seat directly to the floor and I'm way too lazy to do that

I do like the 'look' of a style bar, but I think Harddog would be insulted. I think their inspiration came from the Cobra.
There is more to the bar than meets the eye, but it's hidden under the shelf.
It bolts in on all 3 planes, in 22 places. It's a real roll bar.

RedRocket screwed with this post 06-23-2013 at 03:12 PM
Old 06-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #190
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
Ok how about the ball park value of this one, because we are possibly thinking about selling it.

1994 Miata, black with tan leather interior and tan top. The car has a couple of minor door dings, but has never been damaged or repaired. Always garaged and rarely has sat outside, other than when being driven. 12K miles. That's right, it's not a typo 12K miles. My GF is the original owner. The car has been driven every year, just not much.
Wow.

Our '95 has 49K miles, and I thought that was pretty low.
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #191
cab591
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
'92 SE, running the original 1.6L.

I'm sitting just over 201,000 miles. Stock running gear. Only modifications are suspension work, "custom" fenders, an exhaust, wheels, and an interior swap (went from cracked, torn, badly stained tan to a nice black interior).

I'm slowly collecting all the necessary parts for a swap... Going for a fully built, supercharged 1.8L. This thing is going to become insane.
cab591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #192
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,635
Something's stirred inside of me.

Big mazda fan. Used to own 2 RX-7's, but we all know how that goes, heh.

Right now I'm driving an impreza 2.5i with 184k miles. She's starting to nickel and dime me to death, and the AWD with the fuel mileage hit is unneccesary where I live.

So I've been lookin at various generation miata's. I'm old enough and secure enough in my gender orientation not to be swayed by "it's a girls car" crap. I'll probably get most of that from the flatbillers rockin the f-350 dualies 'rollin coal' and some such nonsense.

On the plus side, they'res tons of them out there and dead nuts reliable. Right Wheel drive which i miss and good on gas. Though I think 200hp would be a nice round amount of power for one.. i'd be willing to take a reasonable fuel mileage hit to achieve that. What's the story on boosting the motors?
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #193
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
What's the story on boosting the motors?
Easy peasy. 200HP will be no sweat.

www.flyinmiata.com <---- these guys have been doing it longer and more reliably than anyone else in the biz. They know their stuff when it comes to boosting Miatas. Plus they are a great company. Do all their own R&D and test their own components in some pretty harsh targa races.

A Voodoo 1 turbo will get you to 160-170 hp on an NA gen for around $4000 all said and done.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #194
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,185
Quote:
Big mazda fan. Used to own 2 RX-7's, but we all know how that goes, heh.
So I've been lookin at various generation miata's. I'm old enough and secure enough in my gender orientation not to be swayed by "it's a girls car" crap. I'll probably get most of that from the flatbillers rockin the f-350 dualies 'rollin coal' and some such nonsense.

On the plus side, they'res tons of them out there and dead nuts reliable. Right Wheel drive which i miss and good on gas. Though I think 200hp would be a nice round amount of power for one.. i'd be willing to take a reasonable fuel mileage hit to achieve that. What's the story on boosting the motors?
i had a rx-7 ('93) and a miata ('96)- both good fun... agree with you on the right wheel drive and 200hp- which is why the subaru brz / scion frs is looking so tempting right now... mmmm...
PoundSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #195
cab591
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
So I've been lookin at various generation miata's ... Though I think 200hp would be a nice round amount of power for one.. i'd be willing to take a reasonable fuel mileage hit to achieve that. What's the story on boosting the motors?
That pretty much describes my build. I'm going supercharged instead of turbo, mainly because a friend of mine already had a Jackson Racing S/C that he sold to me for cheap.

When I'm off work I'll try to compile a parts / price list. I should be looking at a bit over 200 hp at the wheels, reliably, with a small hit to economy.
cab591 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: