ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #451
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,504
Thanks again for the expertly performed push of the Uli on his bike. Started right up.

I had a great day on the trails of the Unc. Yup, VERY dry and dusty indeed -- good thing you let me lead most of the day. That long sandy strech was a blast at high speed, but I'd hate to be the noob who takes his 1200 GSA on it.

So now, having seen and felt the type of trails I've been punishing my 950 on for a number of years, you'll understand why the bike will just give up and die any day now. Nice and rocky stuff.

Perfect end to the day at the Ale House with ice cold IPAs.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #452
benjamin1031
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Mountain pass??

I will be venturing out Saturday July 6th to ride corkscrew pass and maybe an engineer/cinnamon loop. I am a rookie on the dirt but I do know the San Juan passes fairly well. Anyone want to go? Ben
benjamin1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #453
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin1031 View Post
I will be venturing out Saturday July 6th to ride corkscrew pass and maybe an engineer/cinnamon loop. I am a rookie on the dirt but I do know the San Juan passes fairly well. Anyone want to go? Ben

Ben, will you be riding from GJ & back?

I know much of the San Juans, but don't think I've been over Corkscrew... I may be interested.
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #454
benjamin1031
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Ben, will you be riding from GJ & back?

I know much of the San Juans, but don't think I've been over Corkscrew... I may be interested.
I will be leaving from GJ early. I plan on being back by evening. So I'll ride as much as time allows. Corkscrew goes from 550 to animas forks. It's been years since I've been on corkscrew and even that was in a jeep so I'm ready to try my trusty big red pig!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #455
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
I will be leaving from GJ early. I plan on being back by evening. So I'll ride as much as time allows. Corkscrew goes from 550 to animas forks. It's been years since I've been on corkscrew and even that was in a jeep so I'm ready to try my trusty big red pig!!
Sounds good, I'm game for a long day! I have a mostly worn rear tire I need to finish off, I think this may do it!

What time do you want to leave? I don't mind early, to beat the heat.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #456
benjamin1031
Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds good, I'm game for a long day! I have a mostly worn rear tire I need to finish off, I think this may do it!

What time do you want to leave? I don't mind early, to beat the heat.
I'm down with early as well. I'm just not sure what kind of a pace I can keep through the passes. That's why I wasn't sure as to how many passes we could do. Randy's diner at 6am? Full disclosure I am way new to dirt so please be patient with me! Ben
Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #457
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
I'm down with early as well. I'm just not sure what kind of a pace I can keep through the passes. That's why I wasn't sure as to how many passes we could do. Randy's diner at 6am? Full disclosure I am way new to dirt so please be patient with me! Ben
6 AM @ Randys works great! They open at 6, so we'll be the first ones in!

I'm not worried about your pace in the dirt Ben... we'll break you in right. Even then, I have no problem slowing down in the San Juans... the scenery is worth taking it easy.

We will see how we do after Corkscrew, I'm sure there will be time for a few passes... I'm fine with playing it by ear.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #458
benjamin1031
Adventurer

I'm giddy as a school girl!!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #459
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

I hate to say it, but I may be out for the San Juans... I was working on raising my KTM 690 back up to stock height, had all the needle bearings fall out of the lowering link when removing it, then found that the replacement 'stock' link I had for my bike is actually for a SMC (supermoto 690) and it doesn't fit. Unless I can find another replacement stock link for a 690 Enduro by next weekend, I won't be riding the 690. So far, finding a stock replacement is not looking good.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #460
benjamin1031
Adventurer

Quote:
I hate to say it, but I may be out for the San Juans... I was working on raising my KTM 690 back up to stock height, had all the needle bearings fall out of the lowering link when removing it, then found that the replacement 'stock' link I had for my bike is actually for a SMC (supermoto 690) and it doesn't fit. Unless I can find another replacement stock link for a 690 Enduro by next weekend, I won't be riding the 690. So far, finding a stock replacement is not looking good.
Greg did you call the ktm store and have them rush ship your part today?? Do you need help putting it in?? I don't want to ride alone in the woods... There's bears in the woods they might try to eat me. Haha
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #461
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Greg did you call the ktm store and have them rush ship your part today?? Do you need help putting it in?? I don't want to ride alone in the woods... There's bears in the woods they might try to eat me. Haha

I'm going to try put it back together with the lowering link, as much as I don't want to. No luck finding a replacement and I really don't want to pay dealer cost for a trivial part that is a common take-off.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #462
benjamin1031
Adventurer

So you're back in for the Saturday excursion to the San Juans?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #463
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
So you're back in for the Saturday excursion to the San Juans?

I'm going to try, but not sure how successful I will be at getting it all back together. I haven't had a chance to work on it yet, lots going on this week. I can't make any guarantee at this point, so I'm playing it by ear.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #464
benjamin1031
Adventurer

6am at Randy's diner in orchard Mesa on Saturday if anyone is interested.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #465
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
6am at Randy's diner in orchard Mesa on Saturday if anyone is interested.
Spent the morning working on my bike, it's back together again and I'm IN for this Saturday! See you at 6 AM at Randy's Diner.

Bike isn't raised back up, but at least it's back together.