Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #2776
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
Yea, I would love to hear the story behind this ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #2777
Inoplanetyanin
One day closer!

Oddometer: 96
Alright. I was on the fence about writing it, but now that I know you guys want it, I'll write it up. Good use for the 1000+ photos I took. Coming in a few days in rides report section.
Inoplanetyanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #2778
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoplanetyanin View Post
Alright. I was on the fence about writing it, but now that I know you guys want it, I'll write it up. Good use for the 1000+ photos I took. Coming in a few days in rides report section.
Can't wait.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #2779
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoplanetyanin View Post
Alright. I was on the fence about writing it, but now that I know you guys want it, I'll write it up.
What are you.. new here?!

GET TO WORK!

Sheesh.. kids these days..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #2780
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Oddometer: 403
Well, after way too long I am going to post a couple of pictures of my most recent two scooters. The first picture is of my '01 Helix, a bike I recently sold and I regret selling it. It was a great scooter and delivered for me as I rode it throughout the American Southeast. I picked it up in '05 and kept it until I was enticed away by my new scooter, a 2009 Burgman 650 Executive that I bought with only 2000 miles on it two months ago:

And that is the second picture. As you can see, I have already started farkling it and have taken it on one road trip to do the north part of the Natchez Trace. Cut me some slack on this bike, I have only owned it two months. And now my Burgman:

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #2781
swinada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougInKY View Post
Well, after way too long I am going to post a couple of pictures of my most recent two scooters. The first picture is of my '01 Helix, a bike I recently sold and I regret selling it. It was a great scooter and delivered for me as I rode it throughout the American Southeast. I picked it up in '05 and kept it until I was enticed away by my new scooter, a 2009 Burgman 650 Executive that I bought with only 2000 miles on it two months ago:

And that is the second picture. As you can see, I have already started farkling it and have taken it on one road trip to do the north part of the Natchez Trace. Cut me some slack on this bike, I have only owned it two months. And now my Burgman:

move over I wanna see the beautiful Transalp in the back. :)
You say you regret selling the Helix, why? The Burgman not what you thought it would be?
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #2782
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:

Nice Doug , now you have the best travlin scoot there is .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #2783
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinada View Post
You say you regret selling the Helix, why? The Burgman not what you thought it would be?
Not at all. It is just that the Helix was really handy for around town. The Burgman with the added weight is not so much so although I expect that I will get used to it. Out of the City, the Burgman wins hands down.

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
Old 06-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #2784
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinada View Post
You want to see my riding buddy's Transalp? It is a cool machine for sure. Here, I will show you another picture. It is my friend Dale and his Transalp on the same trip that my Helix picture was taken from.

He still owns and rides the bike by the way. He also owns and rides a 1989 Honda Pacific Coast.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #2785
achtung3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 968
Wild Wild World of Scooters

achtung3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #2786
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
You want to see my riding buddy's Transalp? It is a cool machine for sure. Here, I will show you another picture. It is my friend Dale and his Transalp on the same trip that my Helix picture was taken from.

He still owns and rides the bike by the way. He also owns and rides a 1989 Honda Pacific Coast.

A Helix & a transalp , now there's an odd couple if I've ever seen one .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #2787
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post

TheReaper!
They do have something in common. Both are old Honda's that have developed a cult following. IMO they are both classics.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #2788
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post

TheReaper!
I also have a V-Strom 650 fully kitted. I actually prefer riding a scooter because of the step-through because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I know, sucks to be me but I am still riding (52 years). I enjoy it as much today as I did at 11 when my uncle let me ride his Vespa. It is part of who I am. I have owned a bunch of scooters over the years. Seems as if I have more fun on them than I do on my motorcycles. I still have a old 1980 Honda Express NC50 that I put a 70cc jug on out in my shop. Get it out on occasion and ride it around the neighborhood. Don't take it further as it gets kind of scary at 40mph on the main roads. That speed is way beyond what it was designed to do and the frame flex is amazing. The brakes aren't too good either, drum brakes all around and Honda cut a lot of corners making that bike as cheap as they could but I do love that bike too. Makes me grin when riding it.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #2789
albest
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiscott View Post
How can Scooter pics! drop off the front page of Battlescooters. Come on people get your act together....

My SYM GTS 250/RV 250 on a recent trip around the Northland region of New Zealand

More pics here http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=1756.0 for those that are interested
Having seen your trip in symforum, have to say what a wonderful country with those beaches and so few people: all the road and the beach for a single person; that´s paradise.
albest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #2790
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
If I could ever figure out and understand how to post pictures, I'd gladly show off my Burgman with its custom seat .

( by the way the Lardy is listed for sale )
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote