Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #31
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
I personally don't use the "Request a Quote", first I know that you are not going to get one and second I may not want to be on their e-mail list which I figure is what they are after here, it's just a way to get their foot in the door. If I'm in the market for a new bike I use the manufactures website and look for their insensitive and interest rates, plus any other offers they may have at the time. I usually pay cash for my bikes, but a times there maybe interest deals that are better then spending your money, like at the present time Suzuki has 5 years no interest on most of their bikes, including the 2013 650 Bergman. One thing to look out for here is the dealer may have to kick in some cash to Suzuki Finance for this deal, this could result in you paying more for the bike upfront, work the deal in cash first then when you are happy with the price throw in the interest free and see what happens. Motorcycle prices are all over the place, mainly because when you get an agreed price you want to pay for the bike, then they add, freight, dealer prep, etc., all I want is your price for the bike and what I have to pay for state sales tax, license, and a dock fee (should be more then $75.00 tops), all that other stuff is BS, you best have figured that into your sale price to me, because I'm going to tell you up front how I want it priced. Remember if they think and know that you can buy (credit approved) and they have the bike you want, they are going to try their best to get you sold and riding. Don't be afraid to walk out the door on price difference, they are going to call you back.

John
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #32
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Test rode a majesty yesterday. It had plenty of power but it was just too small for me. I couldn't move around enough I knew right away that it just wouldn't work for me. Thanks to the dealership they offered me a test ride and I didn't even ask. The C600 was much roomier due to the seat not having that but rest thingy on it.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #33
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
When will one of the scooter manufacturers make a touring model with cruise control? How about a stereo. I had hoped BMW would do it with this machine.
I hear you. I was really disappointed that BMW doesn't offer their excellent cruise control on the GT. That bike begs to be ridden long distances.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #34
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
As long as you have BMW motorcycle dealers around, you will have support for the scooters....and no chance of them disapearing.
At least if they do disappear like the C1, you will have a cult machine.

The problem for BMW is that they have launched the scooter right in the middle of the worst recession for years at a very upmarket price.

The big target market for the the C600 /650 is Italy - the biggest market for its deadly rival T-Max in Europe. There the sales of medium & large displacement machines is down 20% and I suspect the T-Max fraternity is extremely loyal. They have been screaming for an updated model for years -and that is where their money is going. The T-Max is apparently superior in town (less weight) and the BMW the better mile-muncher - but they are both superb machines and there is not much in it.

BMW could lower the price and target the Honda S-Wing and Burgman sales as well, but they can't/won't. They would prefer to offer favorable finance deals.

However, BMW is a big company and can afford to take a long-term view as they are soon to launch an electric scooter in Europe and, no doubt, China.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #35
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,722
Does anyone know how well these scooters are selling so far?

I have yet to see one on the road.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #36
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post

BMW could lower the price and target the Honda S-Wing and Burgman sales as well, but they can't/won't. They would prefer to offer favorable finance deals.
How far do you want them to lower the price? Comparably equipped, the BMW is already $1000 LESS than the Burgman.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #37
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Maybe this is old stuff, but here is a first ride report on the BMW scooter.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/12/21...cooter-review/
There are 25 replies some must be able to answer some questions that could give you some insight on them.

John
Old 06-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #38
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby4life View Post
How far do you want them to lower the price? Comparably equipped, the BMW is already $1000 LESS than the Burgman.
Have you considered the world outside the USA?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #39
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,484
Quote:
Help him understand your world!
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #40
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Not yet, I haven't finished exploring the 3.79 million miles of my own country.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

The BMW is $1000 less then the 650 Bergman, but after you get the BMW price at the dealership you will probably be able to ride out the door on the Bergman for the same price, if not less. Do the BMW scooters have the same three year warranty as their motorcycles, this could be buying plus for some.

John
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #42
Hammaburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Got a Burgman instead.

When the BMW scooters were announced I thought I might get one in my effort to downsize a bit. But the reviews were mixed and here the price is high. So I found an old stock brand new 2011 Burgman Executive 650 at a dealer nearby and pulled the trigger. Saved about $6000 over the BMW. So far I like the Burgman, handles well, awesome cornering and enough power for my needs. Just did the first service at 1000km. Thanks to YouTube videos it was easy. May the farkling begin :-).

For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.
Sir Winston Churchill.
Hammaburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
Dave92029
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
maintenance comparison?

BMW bikes have high - expensive maintenance. What are the cost of ownership for the BMW scooters?

Anyone have one? Cost of first service?

Thanks

PS I just check the Fuelly web site and it appears that several C600 Sport owners are only getting 35+ mpg! The BMW G650 gets 60+mpg.I guess the extra mass of the scooter takes it's price on gas mileage.
IBA #43
2013 Vespa 300ie S GTS
2014 G650GS

Dave92029 screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 12:35 PM Reason: Gas mileage
Dave92029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #44
DougL
Rock Star

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammaburg View Post
So far I like the Burgman, handles well, awesome cornering and enough power for my needs.
Seriously? The Burgervan handles like a yacht and cannot in any way compare to the handling of the TMAX or the BMW.
DougL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #45
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL View Post
Seriously? The Burgervan handles like a yacht and cannot in any way compare to the handling of the TMAX or the BMW.
I think you will find that is a personal opinion - it might well not agree with yours. Did you want the poster to put IMHO or something?