Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #451
Vagabondman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart View Post
I added the Givi screen and topbox to my PCX and I'm pretty happy with the results. This is the smaller screen from Givi. They also have a bigger version that looks a bit goofy IMO. The scooter looks more substantial with the bigger screen and provides extra wind protection to the chest. I'm still getting pretty much the same amount of air in the face and that's OK with me. Pictures were taken at work. Notice the dedicated motorcycle parking area close to the entrance, nice feature. Here's a few pics:

I was pretty much sold on the black PCX, but that red looks mighty nice.
Vagabondman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #452
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabondman View Post
I was pretty much sold on the black PCX, but that red looks mighty nice.
Both red and black are sharp looking...

My wife picked the black - looks good with her blonde hair. I went with the red - it matches my eyes.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #453
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,253
I am more partial to the red but if Honda brought in the grey one or made a yellow one, I would go for one of those colors.

Still getting 90mpg (when I ride it). I've had a longer commute this past week. About 17 miles one way. I actually took the highway (Loop 1604 for those who live in the area). The PCX is quite happy between 55 and 60 mph. I stay in the left lane. No issues there. My wife and I are thinking about moving to downtown San Antonio (lots of new great places) and it would make my commute a 20 mile commute each way. I am contemplating riding the PCX to work on such a commute (if we move). The past few days have shown me that the PCX can handle highway duty. Yes, it's not the fastest and at 55mph, I don't have too much power left but I feel pretty good on board.

I'm still thinking about the Forza though I have to say the Forza's size and weight would not make up for the awesome combination of stability and agility the PCX has. I also find the trunk on the PCX to be big enough for what I need for the day. Plus the Forza's release date has been pushed back because Honda has been busy building other models in their factories. No release date yet for the Forza. It might be later this Fall. So c'mon, Honda. Bring a yellow or grey PCX to the US.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #454
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Old 06-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #455
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

PCX come in brown in Thailand. Makes me wonder what color schemes we will get for 2014.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #456
Slickvic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
I'm still thinking about the Forza though I have to say the Forza's size and weight would not make up for the awesome combination of stability and agility the PCX has.

Agreed. I just cannot get over how agile and maneuverable my PCX 150 is.

My old Honda Elite 250 only weighs 269 pounds whereas the Forza is 422 pounds.

I would have a difficult time justifying the upgrade. I think I will look into modding my PCX before I step up to the Forza.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #457
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
And, I think we may find some disappointment with the seat and ergonomics of the legroom of the Forza once we actually get a chance to see one. The Forza features a pronounced bucket in the seat similar to the Kymco Downtown, which really crowds you forward. And the angle of the foot forward area of the running boards of the Forza looks to steep to be of good use. The PCX has perfect ergos for any sized rider as soon as you remove the seat hump. To bad it just needs a couple more ponies and some top speed.
sendler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #458
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickvic View Post
Agreed. I just cannot get over how agile and maneuverable my PCX 150 is.

My old Honda Elite 250 only weighs 269 pounds whereas the Forza is 422 pounds.

I would have a difficult time justifying the upgrade. I think I will look into modding my PCX before I step up to the Forza.

That is a perfect example of what I have been complaining about. Why does a 250-300cc scooter have to be so big and heavy? The Forza is 153 pounds heavier than an Elite 250? I wonder why. I sure wish Honda still made the original Elite 250, or something very similar to it with basically the same dimensions.

I have found 125cc scooters are perfect for around town and on rural roads. The Vino 125 has a wet weight of only 240 pounds, and is short with small wheels, which makes it highly maneuverable. The PCX150 is 286 pounds wet weight, 46 pounds more.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #459
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
The PCX has perfect ergos for any sized rider as soon as you remove the seat hump. To bad it just needs a couple more ponies and some top speed.
While I won't be making it a regular habit, the PCX150 has done well for me on the "urban interstate" where the slab passes through or close by built-up areas in and around cities. Traffic volume is heavier there, off-and-on-ramps are more frequent, and speeds are generally slower than out in more rural areas.

In and around town locally, these are posted at 55-60 (interpreted by fast-laners, of course, as 65-70); I've had no trouble hitting 63-65, keeping up and out of trouble in quieter lanes, even passing slower traffic where reasonable - never felt overmatched or unsafe. For limited hops, seems fine. YMMV.

Oh, yeah: ++! on the humpectomy.
DR-Z400SM, '68 Honda 305, '64 Honda C110, '06 Honda VT750, GTS 250ie, Genuine 150, Vino 125, Zuma 125, Yam C3, Honda Met, Tomos ST, PCX 150, Honda PS250 Big Ruck, Vino Classic 49, Honda Rebel, and a Lifan CT 70 clone I forgot about...
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #460
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto View Post
In and around town locally, these are posted at 55-60 (interpreted by fast-laners, of course, as 65-70); I've had no trouble hitting 63-65, keeping up and out of trouble in quieter lanes, even passing slower traffic where reasonable - never felt overmatched or unsafe. For limited hops, seems fine. YMMV.
Same here for me when I commute to work on it. I can hit 50mph faster than a lot of cars and then cruise along at 60mph without any problem. I still have a bit of reserve of power too. I have gone a little over 65mph but then the rev limiter kicks in. The 14" wheels are simply awesome and really help with stability.

I guess I must be the only one who's not bothered by the hump... I'm 6ft tall with a 32" inseam and I don't think the hump is a problem. I actually like it when I'm at speed so I can press my butt against it and lean forward a bit.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #461
timmie415
n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJim View Post
Both red and black are sharp looking...

My wife picked the black - looks good with her blonde hair. I went with the red - it matches my eyes.
Hopefully someone is not trying to sell your scoots while you are away..!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...b11deb&vxp=mtr

I saw this last night on my flight home. They let you surf Ebay for free so I found lots of funny things in my four hour journey.

I decided they probably weren't your PCX's due to the low miles.
HA!

If someone in the area wants to get a PCX150 without having to pay the Stealership fees this might be a good deal.

-tim
timmie415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #462
CaptnJim
Scootist

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmie415 View Post
Hopefully someone is not trying to sell your scoots while you are away..!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...b11deb&vxp=mtr

I saw this last night on my flight home. They let you surf Ebay for free so I found lots of funny things in my four hour journey.

I decided they probably weren't your PCX's due to the low miles.
HA!

If someone in the area wants to get a PCX150 without having to pay the Stealership fees this might be a good deal.

-tim
Dang, if they got ours, they're making a real profit - that's WAY more than we paid. Of course, if ya steal 'em, I guess it's all profit.

So, 64 miles... that's some pretty serious buyer's remorse... or maybe they really scared themselves right off the bat! At least give the scoot a chance!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #463
CaptnJim
Scootist

OK, folks... it's been nearly a week since someone posted some PCX related stuff here. It's chilly and rainy out here in the San Juan Islands, and I will have my butt strapped to a boat all day. How 'bout some PCX content for this two-wheeled fanatic? A photo. A tale of a ride. Your commute to work.

1/3 of the way through this commitment, then we're getting back to the scoots. Your posts are appreciated!

Best wishes,
Captain Jim

Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #464
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,219
Coming soon....

Hang on Jim! Might have something for you soon.
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"
driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #465
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,219
Pcx+brp=fun

Just got back from a picture perfect day...and where was the camera?...at home!
Met up with four other riders this morning for a ride up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were not committed to which direction or how far to go when there, but it was one of those "put away the watch and ride" days.
The PCX spun away, climbing up and over the Eastern Divide and back up, up, up on twisty roads where you saw yourself coming while going. Cool temps greeted us as we reached the Parkway and we decided to head south towards Mt. Mitchell for lunch.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of my favorite roads to ride on. As the road winds along the ridges, the curves keep you constantly entertained and rewarded with beautiful views. Every now and then a decreasing radius turn wakes you up and keeps you from getting too complacent.The PCX was at home cruising along in that sweet spot between 35 and 50 mph. On some of the downhill runs it was hard to tell if the engine was even running it was purring so contentedly.
At the summit of Mt Mitchell it was downright chilly! A relaxed lunch with some good conversation about bikes, riding and a little of everything refreshed us for the ride back home. Back down and over the Divide again put us in Lake Lure for a break where farewells were made followed by the run home.
Jim, if you and your bride ever get over this way we can have a PCX rally!
Cheers! Driller
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"
driller is offline   Reply With Quote