Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #6871
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,615
Just an observation, but the stock pegs have rubber cushions in them, I suppose to combat vibrations. I don't know if any aftermarket pegs have similar, but it might get buzzy without them.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #6872
mykdee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
I read somewhere that you can make DR350 pegs fit, so I just ordered some oversized pegs off of Ebay and they will be here tomorrow or saturday. I will let you know if they fit!
mykdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #6873
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
I read somewhere that you can make DR350 pegs fit, so I just ordered some oversized pegs off of Ebay and they will be here tomorrow or saturday. I will let you know if they fit!
I just checked with Procycle, they have DR350 pegs but they say they won't fit the DR200. The Pivot Pegs listed for the DR200 are a one off, they don't appear to fit any other bike while they have one model listed for just about every other Suzuki DR out there.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #6874
bross
Where we riding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo View Post
Just an observation, but the stock pegs have rubber cushions in them, I suppose to combat vibrations. I don't know if any aftermarket pegs have similar, but it might get buzzy without them.
There's no rubber cushions in my wife's DR200, nor are they rubber mounted, the foot peg bracket is bolted directly to the frame and footpeg to the bracket.

My DR650's footpegs ARE rubber mounted but not the DR200.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #6875
mykdee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I just checked with Procycle, they have DR350 pegs but they say they won't fit the DR200. The Pivot Pegs listed for the DR200 are a one off, they don't appear to fit any other bike while they have one model listed for just about every other Suzuki DR out there.
Heres the thread I was talking about. This guy got DR350 pegs to fit, right out of the package!
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/420...for-a-dr200se/
mykdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #6876
bross
Where we riding to?

Thanks for that, but I just ordered a set of Pivot Pegs, will post a pic of them once they come in. Wife is excited.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #6877
BigCanoe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Yep, all the DR250, DR350, DR650 pegs including the generic ebay ones seem to fit.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #6878
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
There's no rubber cushions in my wife's DR200, nor are they rubber mounted, the foot peg bracket is bolted directly to the frame and footpeg to the bracket.

My DR650's footpegs ARE rubber mounted but not the DR200.
Funny. Mine had rubber cushions integrated into the pegs themselves, not like the DR650 that has them in the peg bracket.

Check this diagram and you will see what I mean (item #6):

http://www.bikebandit.com/2004-suzuk...5825#sch507409
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #6879
bross
Where we riding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo View Post
Funny. Mine had rubber cushions integrated into the pegs themselves, not like the DR650 that has them in the peg bracket.

Check this diagram and you will see what I mean (item #6):

http://www.bikebandit.com/2004-suzuk...5825#sch507409
I saw that but figured it was just a solid collar. I'll check it out when I pull the OEM pegs off to install the Pivot Pegz but if that's a rubber bushing it sure doesn't give any. I'd swear that peg is solid mounted because it has zero play in it, nothing like my DR650 pegs which are obviously rubber mounted by how much they move.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #6880
northsouth15
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
has anyone tried an RM80 rear fender?

I've seen people try OEM DRZ400 fenders and other full size bike parts. But the DR200se is almost a 3/4 size frame...those full-size fenders just look a little ridiculous because they stick out so far

so I was thinking....get a fender off a smaller bike like the RM80

maybe that will look more proportional?

I'd like to get something I can 'swap in' when I do track days for supermoto/mx...I don't need the turn signals or tail light, and all of that looks like it would break anyways in a crash
northsouth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #6881
jeffcneal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsouth15 View Post

I've seen people try OEM DRZ400 fenders and other full size bike parts. But the DR200se is almost a 3/4 size frame...those full-size fenders just look a little ridiculous because they stick out so far

I'd like to get something I can 'swap in' when I do track days for supermoto/mx...I don't need the turn signals or tail light, and all of that looks like it would break anyways in a crash
...and the obsession begins...
jeffcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #6882
bross
Where we riding to?

Quote:

Don't crash.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #6883
LumberingJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:

I reckon an RM80 mudguard probably won't be a bad fit at all. I've bodged a set of RM80 side panels on to my DR125 and they look about right.

I can't post any photos though of either of my DR's as I can't do them as attachments and I don't have a hosting account anywhere yet.

I reckon a mid 90's RM80 Big wheel set of forks will go straight on from my working out - not sure whether the DR wheel would work with it though but if it's all doable then it should give 2 or 3 more inches of travel.
LumberingJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #6884
73Mustang
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
out the door price

Hi,

Do y'all think this is a reasonable price for a '13 DR ?

bike - $4200
prep fee - free
freight - $174
tax - $ 276

Out the door price ----> $4700

I live in a big city, Houston. Rare for dealers here to have a dualsport bike. Dualsport/offroad bikes are not that popular here. I have not bought a brand new bike, and don't know if it's normal to pay MSRP. Dealer insist he's making almost no money on this deal.

73Mustang screwed with this post 06-30-2013 at 10:09 AM Reason: mistake
73Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #6885
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Mustang View Post
Hi,

Do y'all think this is a reasonable price for a '13 DR ?

bike - $4200
prep fee - free
freight - $174
tax - $ 276

Out the door price ----> $4700

I live in a big city, Houston. Rare for dealers here to have a dualsport bike. Dualsport/offroad bikes are not that popular here. I have not bought a brand new bike, and don't know if it's normal to pay MSRP. Dealer insist he's making almost no money on this deal.
In 2011 I could have bought a brand new DR200 for $3998 OTD.If you have cash money,you can get OTD for a lower price.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote