Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #841
virco
The lighthearted rider

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I've come in for a landing. I'll be here over the weekend and through Wednesday. I have some other things to do but most of the time I'll be at the bench building IICE Airs. I can probably get this batch shipped by then.

Hope it's a smooth one... (the landing I mean... )
Please Jim, keep us posted on how the last batch is coming along and particularly when will the Airs be in the post... The hinges on my mailbox are about to give in from my already obsessive, several times a day checks...
We're like a bunch of stupid kids here, drooling over Santa...
Many thanks.
virco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #842
fellowsja
Momma's Boy

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
All in due course. Now is the era of the IICE Air.

For a few more days at any rate, until the FINAL SALE ends.

The above quote was from 12/8/11.

So...When will the Cool, or whatever the device after the Air is called, actually be available?

Air production has been going on for ages. I know the best of intentions and all that...but the Air was sold as the first, essential building block of something bigger and better...WHEN is whatever the bigger/ better thing coming?
fellowsja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #843
GOZFST
Gozfst

Oddometer: 195
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowsja View Post
The above quote was from 12/8/11.

So...When will the Cool, or whatever the device after the Air is called, actually be available?

Air production has been going on for ages. I know the best of intentions and all that...but the Air was sold as the first, essential building block of something bigger and better...WHEN is whatever the bigger/ better thing coming?
How about filling the existing orders first, I've been waiting over 9 months.
GOZFST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #844
fellowsja
Momma's Boy

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
How about filling the existing orders first, I've been waiting over 9 months.
I get that and don't quarrel with that at all.

The issue I have is the inability to draw a line in the sand, stop taking orders, and move on.

That's what I'm asking about.
fellowsja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #845
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowsja View Post

The issue I have is the inability to draw a line in the sand, stop taking orders, and move on.

I know what you're talking about Fellowsja. It isn't so much failing to draw a line and end production of the Air, but more an issue of the time I have to build and ship. And of course, there are just as many people who become concerned that they will not get an Air before the Cool and Smooth production starts.

One thing I can offer is that even though the the Cool and Smooth are microprocessor-controlled and far more complex engineering wise, they are much less labor intensive to build than the Air. That will make it feasible to outsource a good portion of the assembly, which will speed things up considerably.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #846
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post

How about filling the existing orders first[!]
That is exactly what's happening. Finishing up the IICE Air orders is the priority.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 06-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #847
Leop54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
don't pull aside poolside, let him work and be faithful.
Hopefully...
Leop54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #848
Muncle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Order placed

Looking forward to getting the IICE Air.

What is the ETA of your product?

Muncle screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 06:24 AM
Muncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #849
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 850
Quote:
I know what you're talking about Fellowsja. It isn't so much failing to draw a line and end production of the Air, but more an issue of the time I have to build and ship. And of course, there are just as many people who become concerned that they will not get an Air before the Cool and Smooth production starts.

One thing I can offer is that even though the the Cool and Smooth are microprocessor-controlled and far more complex engineering wise, they are much less labor intensive to build than the Air. That will make it feasible to outsource a good portion of the assembly, which will speed things up considerably.

Ya know, don't know what you do in your day job, probably must be doing alright.
But take it from me, I have a little experience in the making and selling of motorcycle parts.
If this stuff works like you say it does, why are you not doing this full time? You sir are sitting on a goldmine.

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #850
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Hi Eric. I was shooting for Wednesday, but I wasn't able to put time in on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm at the bench right now making harnesses, and I'm aiming for getting these into the epoxy potting step by Saturday night.
I had to go out of town on Saturday. I'm back now and this batch is ready for epoxy potting. When I return this afternoon that's exactly what's going to happen.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #851
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post

But take it from me, I have a little experience in the making and selling of motorcycle parts.
If this stuff works like you say it does, why are you not doing this full time? You sir are sitting on a goldmine.

Bundy
I appreciate the comment, Bundy. JJ thinks there's more to it as well. It's one of those things where it could go one way or the other. I am looking at devoting 3 months exclusively to the IICE product line, then see where we're at. This current gig will be complete soon enough and I'm trying to organize things so that full-time IICE focus can happen. Maybe we can talk about it sometime.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #852
lanceputnam
Hayden's Dad

Oddometer: 418
So... are these still available? If so, and it will work on my 2012 GS, then I want one. Please say yes. Thanks.

2012 BMW R1200 GS-Rallye
lanceputnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #853
Poolside OP
Syndicated

You bet. Yes.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #854
sanapo
n00b

Oddometer: 8
still waiting...

hey , still nothing in my mail box .... have tried to be first to check our mail box for 6 months now (so my wife should not know l order anything on net .....) but l have been disappointed every time , so , have to ask , do you have a time ,not time att the day , but a date at least....., for the shipping to FH, Norway ..... would have been very happy , and also my wife could stop wondring why l`m running to the mail box before her ....... :-)

FH Norway with a GS 1150 :-)
sanapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #855
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanapo View Post

...so , have to ask , do you have a time ,not time att the day , but a date at least....., for the shipping to FH, Norway [?]
Yes. I'm doing the final epoxy step today, and this batch will ship on Wednesday.