Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
Earl
Trials Rider

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686 Sahara View Post
Did your's come UPS or Fed Ex.
I am looking at the box and I can't tell, so not sure who delivered, most likely
usps. I feel for you, what a hassle.
2008 Ktm 690 Enduro
2005 Bmw R1200gs, 2013 Sherco Trials 2.9
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
686 Sahara OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
UPS came to the door again today and with remorse I had to send him away with my exhaust sill in his hands and not in mine I told him we filed a protest with UPS and he had no idea what I was talking about. Since I have no parts to be installed this weekend the wife says I must take her to the beach this weekend for some get away time since it's going to be 118* this weekend. To hot to ride anyway Thanks for all the replies I hope this gets resolved on Monday when Goradz returns
686 Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
kaptinkaos
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 516
Never. Ship. By. UPS. ... Ever. LOL!

$450 is just pure insanity! That's half the price of the cans and UPS should be nailed to the wall for even attempting to "brokerage" that much moolah out of you. Scam artists... I hate UPS!!! Good luck with everything on that end and if I was you I would be contacting Wings and getting a new set sent to you via ANY OTHER MODE of shipping. Wings was great to me and my local dealer had my set sent to me via local post within hours of him receiving them. They really are a treat and much cheaper than Akra's! Cheers and again, GL!!!
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
pdxmotorhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Ive seen this if the pickup was not handled directly by UPS, if they used a LTL company to take the stuff to the depot for UPS, they tray and add fees. Then it turns into a finger pointing contest... Arg... I've also seen it done if the shipper uses a sub to do incoming customs...

Dave
Old 06-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
686 Sahara OP
Adventurer

UPS has there head up there a## tried to deliver the package again today for the third day by a different driver. He handed me the package and said sign here, as I started to sign bacause I had a package coming from REI I took a look at the box and it had all the writing from before. I asked the driver if there was an amount on the package and he said no, so I told him what was going on and he had no clue had to call his office. I wonder if I would have accepted the package without paying if they could have come back later to collect said fees. Should of taken package and told them to go pound sand when they came to collect, oh well next time.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
Earl
Trials Rider

Oddometer: 40
You should have accepted it. If they come back for payment, give them the package (with a rock in it) back and then install mufflers and enjoy.
2008 Ktm 690 Enduro
2005 Bmw R1200gs, 2013 Sherco Trials 2.9
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
lope
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
FYI. I too have a set of Wings on order with Gorazd. I dropped him a note regarding the UPS issue as a heads up for future shipments. He replied today and is aware of the issue. I have faith that he will make this right and soon. He has been nothing short of amazing when it comes to communication and concern for providing a quality product and experience. All while being half a world away!
lope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #23
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
You should have accepted it. If they come back for payment, give them the package (with a rock in it) back and then install mufflers and enjoy.
That is the idea .... possession is 9/10 of the law
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #24
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,236
I bought a set of Wings for my 990 direct and found their service and product to be first rate.

Good luck with getting it sorted....once you get them fitted the sound of that V twin will make all the hassle seem worth it.

Night Falcon screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 10:44 PM
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #25
686 Sahara OP
Adventurer

Returned home Sunday night and checked my email and had a message from Gorazd saying it was a mistake on his end with UPS and that when he returns on Monday that he will handle the matter with them I think alot of companies should take a look at Wings and how they deal with customer service. He takes the time on vacation to check his emails and responds to his customers to handle the problems. My hats off to you Goradz for running a top notch company you will get by business again and referrals from anyone looking, cant wait to get them installed to listen to the music in my ears. Thanks to everybody for listening and replies.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
TeamGS
Adventure-seeking family

Oddometer: 149
Another happy Wings customer

My experience with Gorazd was top notch, would not hesitate to make future orders of the Wings product. Total confidence with him correcting this shipping issue.

The mufflers are beautiful, a work of art and sound wonderful.

Also, you will have fun removing the mufflers from the package and discovering all of the cool swag.
TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #27
686 Sahara OP
Adventurer

Finally after 2 weeks of going back and forth with Gorazd and the dumb a**'s at UPS I was able to pick up my package from the depot. Slovenian UPS was sending requests for the shipping to be charged to them and US UPS wouldn't return any replies back. Then yesterday got a reply from ups that they put a tracker on the package and then they were going to ship it out this morning and then they were going to ship it back to Slovenia so i finally got a hold of someone at the local depot and she was able to hold it and told me I could pick it up today Now I cant wait for the weekend to get them installed and take a run up the mountains and get the hell out of the desert. (108* and humid) Oh and did I mention the wife is leaving for 4 days with my daughter in law and grandson to go to Disneyland.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #28
686 Sahara OP
Adventurer

I just finished installing my new Wings exhaust and wow love the sound, the look and can't believe the difference in weight. Was reading the maint. on Wings website and they recomend liquid parafin for protection, does anybody do this and if you do where can I find it.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #29
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,118
How would one get in touch with Gorazd? It seems the Wings website is not working correctly.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #30
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
How would one get in touch with Gorazd? It seems the Wings website is not working correctly.

mf@siol.net
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote