Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #31
scootskipper
Motographer

Oddometer: 53
Follow ups in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwardbound View Post
I wonder if NB has a follow-on in mind ? It would be a shame to lose the traction generated by this mini-series.
The group who produced Road Less Traveled (about the TAT) has had little luck getting their program aired.
Maybe this will help.
Yes, it is my understanding that there will be follow ups. Unfortunately, there is only three episodes this time. I think that it would have been nicer to have shown more riding and spread the story throughout more episodes. According to one cast member, "there are many hours of beautiful riding on the cutting room floor". I'm suspect that economics of time and money forced them to compress the story in to fewer episodes.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #32
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootskipper View Post
Yes, it is my understanding that there will be follow ups. Unfortunately, there is only three episodes this time. I think that it would have been nicer to have shown more riding and spread the story throughout more episodes. According to one cast member, "there are many hours of beautiful riding on the cutting room floor". I'm suspect that economics of time and money forced them to compress the story in to fewer episodes.
But still plenty of time for the drama and bikinis eh.....
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #33
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,212
They need more fighting and cuss'n like the rest of the reality shows. How about the Orange County Chopper guys being on the next series? Getting the characters from other reality shows to ride along would send the ratings over the top. I have not been drinking, yet.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #34
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Ist episode was a little boring.....FFW of the DVR through the personal info. Second episode a little better .. no FFW, except ads. One other thing I was surprised with {besides tire choice} was their lack of any body armor. At least knee guards & heavier boots. Dr. Laura would probably not been so beat up w proper ATGATT. That said good on her , I admire her drive & dont give up attitude . Yeah its not Dust To Glory, but in a world where shows like HoneyBullshit exists this is Okay.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
Flyingavanti
With the Redhead on Back!

Oddometer: 1,545
What a show of DRAMA QUEENs! They act like they are stepping off into remote areas. NOT! You can fly into an airport to visit this town. If you Google Earth the distance traveled in episode 2, where they break for lunch, they talk about how tough it was. I have been there..... The scene is 5.6 miles from the double tree lodge! What a joke! He states HOW big Lima is, with 12,000,000 people. It is 7m people. 8 million in the greater area! Why lie about the obvious?

If you watch the shadows, they film going south, then the next scene is going north in the exact same spot! What a spoof!

Over 27,000 miles in South America -- which is NOT enough!

Here is a link to the South American Ride Report...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94531

Trip Index Page.... If you are interested in one spot in South America, you can click on this link http://www.ploung.com/south_america.htm and go directly to your point of interest.
www.Ploung.com
Flyingavanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #36
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food

Watching no.3 right now. Kind of corny. I must say I'm a little jealous. I would like to do that with that kind of support. Not really. The whole show revolves around Barbie. Give me a break.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 AM   #37
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,520
We are all adventure riders (in one way or another) or we wouldn't be on this site. We've all been bitten by the bug.

Imagine all those HOG riders out there that HD has sold a bike to in the last 5~10yrs who bought the bikes and only ride a handful of bright sunny days.

So, What's wrong with BMW wanting to entice those same couch potatoes or more like corporate execs, and ADV wannabees to add another bike to their stable. If it had been KTM, or Honda vs BMW would it be any less of a marketing campaign?

Good on ya Neal & crew for putting this out there. We need the Adventure segment of the motorcycling industry to continue to gain momentum so all the manufacturers continue make money prosper and deliver equipment that you and I can use on our own adventures.

I was working in Italy in the late 90's early 2000 and had the privalidge of riding an African Twin for several weeks. Why didn't Honda continue to import the AT & Transalp after what late 80early 90's. Two words (market share).

I say lets show more support for ventures like this to support the greater cause. Lets face it we're never gonna get the hero's of Dakar to make a reality TV show, so until then lets support what little coverage our sport gets especially one with a hot blond doctor!
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)

mrxinpa screwed with this post 06-29-2013 at 01:22 PM
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #38
Flyingavanti
With the Redhead on Back!

Oddometer: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxinpa View Post

I say lets show more support for ventures like this to support the greater cause. Lets face it we're never gonna get the hero's of Dakar to make a reality TV show, so until then lets support what little coverage our sport gets especially one with a hot blond doctor!

I agree with you.... but why not kept it real.... no need to be phony!

Over 27,000 miles in South America -- which is NOT enough!

Here is a link to the South American Ride Report...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94531

Trip Index Page.... If you are interested in one spot in South America, you can click on this link http://www.ploung.com/south_america.htm and go directly to your point of interest.
www.Ploung.com
Flyingavanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
oio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Riding motorcycles in Peru is an adventure, no doubt.... but the really exciting adventure in Peru starts above snowline (Alpamayo, North Ridge, Cordillera Blanca)
Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #40
exoff-roadgoat OP
Will ride for food

No sand up there...I got frostbite just looking at that picture.