Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #1126
Lifes2short
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
As my kids would say - wait WHAAAT? There's a speaker upgrade to the SMH10 ? When did this happen and how come no one told me about it?

Curious how much louder the Tork speakers are? I'm having some minor issue with volume at highway speed (with my ST1300 windscreen down - with the windscreen up, all is well). It's not the SMH10 but more the fact I wear earplugs. I realize they sound great without earplugs, however I'm way more comfortable riding all day long with some ear protection rather than having my music and wind noise battling it out.
Lifes2short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #1127
khelsea
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
adam

PM'd today, Going to enjoy going wireless. Thanks Ahead, Lanny
khelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #1128
KiloBravo
Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Just ordered the SMH10R with the Tork speaker upgrade.

Of note, if you have credit card info saved by Google, you must type the credit card number in at check out, site doesn't take autofill...at least for me.
KiloBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #1129
cablebandit
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by L84TOFF View Post
As my kids would say - wait WHAAAT? There's a speaker upgrade to the SMH10 ? When did this happen and how come no one told me about it?

Curious how much louder the Tork speakers are? I'm having some minor issue with volume at highway speed (with my ST1300 windscreen down - with the windscreen up, all is well). It's not the SMH10 but more the fact I wear earplugs. I realize they sound great without earplugs, however I'm way more comfortable riding all day long with some ear protection rather than having my music and wind noise battling it out.
Earbuds my friend. The wind is blocked and the sound is better than any speaker setup.
IBA #33260
cablebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #1130
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578 View Post
Hey Adam, when will you have pricing on the new earbud / speaker combo (305 & 306)? I am told mid July avail?
We just put an order in today, with our distributor. No word back on availability or pricing, although pricing on Sena's website is around $60 retail, so MAP price will be around $40 to $50, I guess - only a guess though.

Sena didn't inform us (nor our supplier) that these were going to be available - we heard it from a customer who found 'em on the Sena website. Geesh...
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #1131
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84TOFF View Post

We've been doing these upgrades for a couple of months, now, and it's really catching on. We upgrade Sena, Scala Rider and Autocom headsets - all with great results.

The upgraded speakers are a bit more efficient and offer a bit more volume at the same volume setting, compared to the Sena speakers. Whether it will be of significant benefit with your particular earplugs, helmet, hearing and bike windscreen, is tough to say. Better fidelity, dynamic range and lower distortion at higher volume, are the primary reasons I'd go with our Tork X-PRO speakers upgrade.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 07-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #1132
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablebandit View Post
Earbuds my friend. The wind is blocked and the sound is better than any speaker setup.
True.

For me, and so many others, earbuds are not a viable option. Off-the-shelf, and my many pairs of pricey custom molded earbuds are uncomfortable after a short while, and become painful in an hour or so. I use speakers and foam earplugs.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #1133
Falconx84
Lurker

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
True.

For me, and so many others, earbuds are not a viable option. Off-the-shelf, and my many pairs of pricey custom molded earbuds are uncomfortable after a short while, and become painful in an hour or so. I use speakers and foam earplugs.
A touch off topic, but wth... since you're using smh10 with earplugs, do you sell or can recommend plugs that cut wind noise while still allowing traffic and engine noise through? My only experience with plugs are the ones I use for shooting. The wind/motor noise was completely canceled to the point where I could hear a semi right beside me. Felt way too isolated from everything.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #1134
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconx84 View Post
A touch off topic, but wth... since you're using smh10 with earplugs, do you sell or can recommend plugs that cut wind noise while still allowing traffic and engine noise through? My only experience with plugs are the ones I use for shooting. The wind/motor noise was completely canceled to the point where I could hear a semi right beside me. Felt way too isolated from everything.
We don't sell earplugs. There are so many options that the only way to know what'll work the way you need, and be comfortable, is to try 'em. Check out http://earplugsuperstore.com. Also Aerostich and White Horse Gear have foam earplug trial packs; perhaps 20 types in a package, so you can see what works for you.

Another thought - and they didn't work for me, but then everyone's ears are different, are these from Westone.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 07-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #1135
chrishsu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
what will be a good but inexpensive BT adapter to connect a Radar detector audio alerts to a Sena SMH10R? I don't need stero or anything else.

Thanks!
04 DR650SE
chrishsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #1136
Lifes2short
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablebandit View Post
Have tried this route with my Etymotic er6i's. Not nearly enough wind noise blocked. I cranked up the volume to compensate which is not any better. I imagine a custom set might be better but not in the budget at the moment. In fact I'm a little hesitant to spend that kind of $ on a trial.

Quote:
We've been doing these upgrades for a couple of months, now, and it's really catching on. We upgrade Sena, Scala Rider and Autocom headsets - all with great results.

The upgraded speakers are a bit more efficient and offer a bit more volume at the same volume setting, compared to the Sena speakers. Whether it will be of significant benefit with your particular earplugs, helmet, hearing and bike windscreen, is tough to say. Better fidelity, dynamic range and lower distortion at higher volume, are the primary reasons I'd go with our Tork X-PRO speakers upgrade.
Thanks Adam, I think I'll keep the SMH10 stock for now and wait for more reports to come in.
Lifes2short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #1137
cablebandit
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Clearly they weren't in your ears correctly. You could also try different tips.
IBA #33260
cablebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #1138
chrishsu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
>>> Updated 02-July-2013 <<<

The Group Buy is still alive - over 3 years and thousands of happy ADV Inmates. We're your #1 source for all Sena products.

Expert Knowledge, Friendly Service, the Best Tech Support in the universe and Awesome Prices - only from Rocket Moto.

IMPORTANT:
We've have plenty of inventory of both the Single and Dual *latest version 2.0* (USB charging port) Sena headset kits, with the release 4.x conference software. We also have all of the accessory clamp kits and various accessories like mounting plates, chargers and such.

= = = = = = = = =

Ordering:
You must verify your active member status by sending us an email or PM thru the ADVRider forum -- click "RocketMoto" on the left above our avatar, and select "Send email to RocketMoto".

After we acknowledge your email, orders must then be placed by phone or fax - call us toll-free (US and Canada) 1 877.LED.4BIKES (877.533.4245) option "1", or from outside of North America, +1 978.517.1212. We're in the Eastern US time zone, GMT-5, so keep that in mind when you call.

You may also fax an order to either of these numbers. If we're on other calls or in the shop, you'll be prompted to record a message; we'll call you back, promptly.

Shipping: Depending on distance $15-20 (dual) $13-16 (single) in ConUS for insured FedEx ground shipping to a residential address, for the first kit, additional kits on the same order, $6 each. International shipments gladly accepted, and we'll calculate the shipping based upon our actual cost. Examples - insured Priority Mail shipping to Canada by USPS/Canada Post $40; to the UK, Australia, New Zealand $45-50; to most of the EU $45-50. We can also ship USPS first class international for lower cost, but these is no in-transit tracking.
Adam,
PM you yesterday regarding buying the SMH10R's. Would like to place order ASAP if possible.
Thanks!

Chris
04 DR650SE
chrishsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #1139
Day13
Worst Avatar EVER!

Oddometer: 676
New SMH10R---check
New SM10 with GLI cord and hard-wire---check
New 7th gen. Nano---check
Awesome service from RocketMoto---CHECK!!
Day13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #1140
johnbo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Calling Rocket Moto

Hi Adam,

I'm trying to get in touch in regards to the offered discount code for the Sena SMH10's. I've left an email last week and a PM yesterday. Hoping to hear from you soon, as I've got a trip starting mid next week. Would prefer to buy through an ADVrider aware vendor if possible, saving a little bit wouldn't be bad either...

Thanks,

johnbo