Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #31
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
WTF!! The kid had a huge upside. He just needed a kick in the ass. I'm scratching my head over that one...
I think the deal made sense. They got a reliable forward that plays into the Bruins system well and several prospects. They also freed up about 9 million in cap space. That isn't even including putting Savard on long term IR. that will give them about 13 million in cap space I believe.

Seguin has been known to party hard and show up late to practice wearing the same clothes as the night before. I think this trade make sense. They traded high risk upside potential for something reliable.
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
I think the deal made sense. They got a reliable forward that plays into the Bruins system well and several prospects. They also freed up about 9 million in cap space. That isn't even including putting Savard on long term IR. that will give them about 13 million in cap space I believe.

Seguin has been known to party hard and show up late to practice wearing the same clothes as the night before. I think this trade make sense. They traded high risk upside potential for something reliable.
After just reading the Herald Sports, i agree it is looking like a good move. We'll see... Happy 4th, fellow NHL fans!
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,465
Happy 4'th.

I am not so sure I want to see Peverly on the road. But Seguin has been so so....he never bought into Claude's system and on another team he will be a center. Maybe he played the hand this way knowing he could get in a system he liked, or maybe he was lazy...not sure. While he did not work in Boston, I have no doubt he will be a star in another system. He has assets...there is no doubt about that.

I will be able to assess this trade better when the AHL starts up again and I can see the kids play.

Word is Horton is on the move too...but they did not say where on the radio.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #34
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,674
Horton signed in Columbus.
Alfredsson to Detroit, Ribeiro to Phx

Others trickling in.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...agent-tracker/
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Columbus is going to be insane next year. Horton isn't going to play until December because of surgery on his shoulder. That team is becoming stacked with top end players really quickly. Horton deal is a huge gamble in my opinion. 7 years at 35 million for a guy who has 2 concussions and has been injured 2 out of the three last years.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,465
Quote:
Columbus is going to be insane next year. Horton isn't going to play until December because of surgery on his shoulder. That team is becoming stacked with top end players really quickly. Horton deal is a huge gamble in my opinion. 7 years at 35 million for a guy who has 2 concussions and has been injured 2 out of the three last years.

Yep, and they have a strong goalie who can keep them in games against tough teams. Bummer we lost the Alfredsson sweeps. Maybe we get Inigla now for too much money.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #37
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Yep, and they have a strong goalie who can keep them in games against tough teams. Bummer we lost the Alfredsson sweeps. Maybe we get Inigla now for too much money.
I have a feeling we will be seeing Ryder in black and gold again. We need another right winger and he fits the bill. I was hoping for Clarkson, but I am also hoping to win the lottery.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #38
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 35,863
Quote:
I have a feeling we will be seeing Ryder in black and gold again. We need another right winger and he fits the bill. I was hoping for Clarkson, but I am also hoping to win the lottery.
How about Iginla:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427068

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #39
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 35,863
So a few months late but Iginla is now on the B's.

And for all the Bruins fans, check out this video of Jack calling game 7 VS Toronto, the guy really is as hyped up as he sounds:

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #40
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Matt

Fucking

Cooke

Ok, I get it. Our coach and GM know him from PIT. With Heatley injured and unable to be bought out, they had to drop a top-six guy (turned out to be Setoguchi for a draft pick) and pick up an 3rd line guy to replace Clutterbuck.

When you look at it that way (Heater vs. Seto, Cooke vs. Clutter) it is harder to argue with.

But seriously, Matt Cooke? It is a good thing there aren't many players left who played against him regularly when he was in Vcvr, those were nasty games.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #41
Crocker
just passing through

Oddometer: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Ribeiro to Phx
Crocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #42
wingnut11
generally strange

Oddometer: 633
Sorry Grainbelt, but I laughed a little when I read your post. You've got Matt Cooke. That's funny. Thanks for the heads up on the Alfredsson deal. It's the first I've heard of it, was up in Superior National forest for the holiday weekend and just got back to a place with internet today.

Okay I just looked it up. 1 year $3.5 mil with a $2 mil bonus. Might be a little bit to high of a price, but the Wings have had some luck with veteran players before. I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I probably feel better about that than you do about Cooke.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #43
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

The Wild Faithful are all butthurt about it, and now are REALLY pissed because he emailed Boogard's parents and asked if they'd mind him wearing #24, which he has worn his whole career, and was worn by the Boogeyman before he was traded to NYR and later died.

I've seen some of his more recent games, and he seems like a pretty serviceable third line guy. Hasn't taken a major penalty or been suspended since '11. I'll wait to see him on the ice here before I make any judgement.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #44
wingnut11
generally strange

Oddometer: 633
I think you're right to do so. I remember being really pissed when the Wings signed Bertuzzi. But he came in played well enough and didn't get in any trouble. It didn't go bad like I thought it would, and now I'm okay with having him. Guess sometimes you need a second chance.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #45
Geoff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
I picked up a Blackhawks Stanley Cup cap last night, the same one players wore during the post-game celebration. After I paid, the salesman asked if I wanted to pre-order a Stanley Cup cap for the 2013-2014 season.

Hawks fans are still laughing at the Bruins for giving up two goals in 17 seconds.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: