Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,319
New US Siebenrock Distributor

http://www.bmw2valve.com/

Prices look pretty high.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Beemerguru
Beemerguru...G/S guy

Oddometer: 877
Actually on par with the prices I get from the Netherlands and Germany when you do the conversion. May vary $100...and then there's the shipping.
Beemerguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerguru View Post
Actually on par with the prices I get from the Netherlands and Germany when you do the conversion. May vary $100...and then there's the shipping.
In my experience, shipping from europe is often cheaper than shipping within the US. Especially for large heavy items. The pricing gap is bigger than that also. The siebenrock assymetric cam is $470US from these guys and $313US out of Europe once you take VAT off.

Cylinder/piston kit $913 out of europe, $1199 from the US distributor.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
BeardThrone
...in bat country.

Oddometer: 120
I think the prices reflect that they are the only Siebenrock distributor in the U.S.. Actually it's kind of a shitty thing to do. I'll just continue to order from the EU and wait a bit longer. I am sure that larger or more obscure items won't be in stock and you will have to wait for Boxer2V to get them from Siebenrock anyway.
BeardThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Stan_R80/7
Beastly Gnarly

Oddometer: 1,058
Siebenrock.de also has 10% off specials (one just ended yesterday 7/8), which I am not sure the US site will have or honor. I find the USA site easier to navigate compared to the Deutch site. Although, I think all the technical information is still on the Deutch site.
Stan_R80/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,219
Quote:
Cylinder/piston kit $913 out of europe, $1199 from the US distributor.
Must be a small convenience fee for not having to do the Dollar to Euro conversion on Google.

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #7
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Must be a small convenience fee for not having to do the Dollar to Euro conversion on Google.
It's the subtracting VAT part that most 'murricans can't wrap their heads around.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #8
Clay Spinner
Woodfire or Bust

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_R80/7 View Post
Siebenrock.de also has 10% off specials (one just ended yesterday 7/8), which I am not sure the US site will have or honor. I find the USA site easier to navigate compared to the Deutch site. Although, I think all the technical information is still on the Deutch site.
You have clicked the 'english' button on their website right?!?
Clay Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #9
Stan_R80/7
Beastly Gnarly

I never figured out were the language button was on the Siebenrock website: http://www.siebenrock.com/. Maybe someone on an internet message board can help me? But, I doubt it.

I end up resorting to http://www.siebenrock.com/en/- which is in english (ish). Certainly, the ease of website navigation is subjective. I consider the http://bmw2valve.com/ site easier to navigate because of it's organization. YMMV (and no, I don't care if anyone agrees - which brings up the conundrum of my response).
Old 07-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
Clay Spinner
Woodfire or Bust

It just pops up when I click on the web-store , top, second from left.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
Stan_R80/7
Beastly Gnarly

That is the online store, not the web page. Although, after staring at the main page for long enough I noticed there are radio buttons on the right hand side with other languages. Obviously, some people think the Siebenrock page is great, non cluttered, easy to navigate and perfectly clear. Good for them! Personally, I don't like it and find it hard to navigate.

Here is the Siebenrock.com web page with the language options pointed out with a bright yellow arrow and circled in yellow. I think it was all the clutter below the language options in deutch which distracted me. This is but one example of the reasons I don't like their web page:

Old 07-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
Clay Spinner
Woodfire or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_R80/7 View Post
That is the online store, not the web page.
Oops... but why would you want to see their website and not the store?!? I'm kind of joking by the way so please dont be offended by my joke.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #13
Stan_R80/7
Beastly Gnarly

No offense taken. I was able to figure out the Siebenrock online store fairly easily - just as you pointed out. But, digging into their power kit, clutch and other information was more than a bit frustrating for me using their website... which is probably evident by my ranting.

While I can appreciate Siebenrock, and have and will do business with them, their Deutsch website has to be one of the most frustrating I have used to date. All things considered the USA distributor website isn't that great - just much (much) better compared to the Deutsch version (IMO). YMMV.

Also, as a comment, if Motobins has the Siebenrock parts they are often less expensive than buying directly from Siebenrock. However, sometimes it seems one must infer the product information from the Siebenrock information - which makes larger purchases less attractive (i.e. more risky) when buying from the USA. At least, that has been my experience.

Stan_R80/7 screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 07:03 PM