Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #511
ShapeShifter
M0d+Rocker = Mocker

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Buy yellow plastics.
I already bout a set of white plastics. I could not find any yellow.

Also I just noticed that the white bike has a single piece under the rear of the seat. I did not get that piece
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #512
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
I already bout a set of white plastics. I could not find any yellow.

Also I just noticed that the white bike has a single piece under the rear of the seat. I did not get that piece
I read that earlier in the thread.I don't look for the yellow to be all that popular state side.

Can you find that filler panel from the place you bought the white plastics?
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #513
ShapeShifter
M0d+Rocker = Mocker

Quote:
I read that earlier in the thread.I don't look for the yellow to be all that popular state side.

Can you find that filler panel from the place you bought the white plastics?
No they don't list them for the black or white that they are selling. They are genuine Honda parts though. I just need to get a part number.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #514
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Did you notice how he mounted it from the right side?
Yes and I think it's because the seat height is so low. I sometimes do that on my wife's PCX (PCX and Grom have a comparable seat height).
Old 07-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #515
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Quote:
Buy yellow plastics.
I am thinking about the black one and getting the yellow plastics for the tank only.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #516
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Quote:
I already bout a set of white plastics.
How much were the plastics for the tank?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #517
ShapeShifter
M0d+Rocker = Mocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
How much were the plastics for the tank?
That part is called a "shroud" and they were $22 a pop.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #518
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,129
Quote:
No they don't list them for the black or white that they are selling. They are genuine Honda parts though. I just need to get a part number.
Black would look good with the white.

Quote:
I am thinking about the black one and getting the yellow plastics for the tank only.
Now that's an idea.I like the thought of mixing and matching the red and black.Maybe black and white.Ah hell,just mix red,black,and white.

Quote:
$22 isn't to bad considering their Honda parts.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #519
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Quote:
That's actually pretty cheap! (like me )
Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #520
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Heavily modified Grom in stunt video:

Where are all the ATGATT riders that should be having a heart attack over this? I guess they would not likely be found on a thread about a bike like this. I am not an ATGATT rider, but the more videos like this I see, the more I begin to see things from their perspective. Anybody see the shadow of the drone overhead at about 1:40?
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #521
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Where are all the ATGATT riders that should be having a heart attack over this? I guess they would not likely be found on a thread about a bike like this. I am not an ATGATT rider, but the more videos like this I see, the more I begin to see things from their perspective. Anybody see the shadow of the drone overhead at about 1:40?
i think that "drone" is the hovering camera, jerry. note how the camera changes elevation, and the shadow moves with respect to it.
you can buy those dang things at fry's electronics
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #522
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Well I guess I posted my thread in the wrong forum,i posted this over in the "thumpers" forum
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...6#post21865616
and the only reply i had gotten was "by reading your post I would have thought you were 15 at the most". Hmmm ooooook?

Anyways for those who don't feel like clicking the link,I'll repost what I said here,I'm very excited and interested in these bikes,I have been riding for a while,and haven't had a bike for 2 years now,looking to get back on something I can thrash around town in.do so some after work jaunts to grab a burger and some ice cream,as well as the occasional hooligan rides.anyways heres what I posted,looking for some of your thoughts with what you guys would do.

-=Honda GROM 125 beast of a bike=-
Muahaha ok ok I'm sure we knowit isn't beast of a bike,but what y'all think bout this lil Teeny thumper? I found one close by to me already here,there kinda rare from what im hearing only "Honda "powersport" dealers" are getting them,and all other only 1 a month. You can only grab one by putting down a $100 deposit on one.unless they have one already.Also what surprised me over onhttp://gromforum.com (which is already a pretty cool site for this bike) the average age of people having one or getting one is 30-39 with the 20-29 crowd a ways behind.So at 30 I guess I fall into the majority age,which is wierd,I was thinking a lot of "groms" or 18-21 yr olds would be wanting this bike,but since its been over in Japan for a while now of course(GROM 125MSX), reviews are saying there not really made for a beginner,bc there kinda a lil tricky to ride with the smaller tires and smaller ergos?but there supposedly a blast around town,and this is what i plan to do with it,trips to the ice/ice cream place,a quick bite to eat after work,lil hooligan action,hell I might even throw on some knobbies and trash around off road a bit,which I've seen some videos all over you tube of guys doing this already on the stock tires,lol.anyways if your ego isn't to big for your bike,these lil things seem a HOOT!

Hey it's either one of these Groms or one of these Brand new just came out last month Alienware 17"s all decked out to the max- http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-17/pd.aspx very tempting,I am a pc gamer,and sooo over do for an upgrade,and even though people thrash on dell for there service and whatever else,I've been with them since 08' with 3 different models(alienwares of course),and love them,sorry for this outta text comp stuff,just figured there might be some gamers in here or alienware guys also.thanks for reading..

-ry
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #523
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

i've owned multiple alienware rigs, and my wife is currently rocking an m14x (r1). i had an m17xr3 as my dev workstation and primary gaming rig for awhile, but work has taken over much of my free time and now i gotta choose between gaming and riding -- and riding currently wins. (ironically, my job is working on directx.) right now, i have an sli'd titan box as a work rig, and i do some lightweight gaming on a 15" sager with a 675m...

me, i'm getting a grom. i'll wait for the post-haswell tick before i upgrade any laptops.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #524
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

also, can 12" knobbies be fit to it with those fenders? if so, LINKY LINKY
Old 07-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #525
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

also, this forum skews way older than either of us -- and i'm 39! there's not a lot of patience for slang, current memes, or those little shits what're messin' up the lawn. maybe it's because my coworkers skew younger and i'm ass deep in kid culture, or because i'm a developmentally stunted shitheel, but i've run afoul of the geriatric crank a few times as well. personally, i find that's alright, because the old folks here know their stuff and the ride reports evoke a deep love of travel and motorcycling -- and it's really inspirational. i'll take the arthritic outbursts over the circlejerks or squid baiting on other riding forums, especially when the collective experience and riding wisdom of this place is so astronomical. motorcycling isn't about mutual back patting or chest puffing, and a harsh word from an elder can spare you a harsher fall. it's all good!

edit: that said, there ARE some totally nutbar fuckadoodles around here, which is why i'm glad the mods keep the political drek out and in jo momma. ride your own damn ride!

quasigentrified screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 06:58 PM