Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #121
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 972
Rinos arrived yesterday. I managed to get most of the fiddling with them done last night, today I mounted mine on my bike and rode around. I've had them on all day today, and messed with them some during work, hoping to see what the battery life will be like. So far so good, over 12 hours and above 50%. No I suppose I should hook them up to the computer and see what that's like.

I was happy to deal with GPS City for both the GPS and the Ram mounts. I'll be getting more mounts for other vehicles, and likely some other adapters as well, and I'll gladly go with GPS City again. Thanks guys.

MV
Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #122
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Sorry about that, I must've missed it! We're happy to set up custom orders for items like this, of course. Owing to the fact that some manufacturers put restrictions on advertising discounts, your best bet on these is to shoot me a PM or give us a call and we'll create the order for you with an ADVRider discount.

DeLorme is currently (way) behind on their shipping schedule and has started getting around to shipping our orders from March, so it's a slog but they're coming!

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklebuster
I would like to purchase a Delorme inReach SE, can I get a discount?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
I asked this earlier in this thread and got no rise, but I'm still interested as well...and following the InReach SE thread closely.
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #123
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 889
GPS city rocks!

I ordered the Montana bundle (600+mount+cradle+CD) and they immediately informed me that the maps dvd was on back order but they could send the product now so that I would have it. I received my package today with the sd card map inside. Confused, I called the help line and asked why I received the disk instead of the dvd. They informed me that they would swap out with the dvd when they received it but I could used the card in the meantime . Happy with my product, and happy with the service.

Buy with confidence!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #124
travelinggnome
TravelingGnome

Oddometer: 35
Just used the coupon-code on some parts I needed... that was the difference between me using GPSCity and another source!

Keep up the good work GPSCity!!
travelinggnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #125
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,250
any consideration of an adv discount on the new monterra + cradle + wiring harness if we sign up now?
Disco Stu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #126
roespan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Delorme Inreach SE just arrived, at last!

I need a way to mount the SE on my F8gs stock bar between the bar mounts. The Delorme site has a cradle package, but the bar is too large for the U-bolt included. Also, the arm is probably too long for my desire.

Do you have a suggestion?

thanks,
Pete
roespan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #127
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

I'm working with DeLorme to see if we can get just that cradle from them, as we'd then be able to create a custom mount. I'll keep you in the loop so we can get this all set for you.

If there are any specific requests (ie. Monterra), a PM is the fastest way to get a custom order set up. I'll be overseas for a bit, but will make sure I check in frequently!

G

PS. I had to recently exclude one SKU from the ADvrider RAM discount code (RAM-B-189U-TAB3 with HyperJuice batteries). If anyone needs one, let me know. We have already severely discounted this in item to help out the ALPA, but someone seems to have taken the code that was only for ADVriders and shared it with another forum, which is resulting in unsustainable double-dipping. I'm keeping the code active, I just need to make sure it doesn't pop up all over the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by roespan View Post
I need a way to mount the SE on my F8gs stock bar between the bar mounts. The Delorme site has a cradle package, but the bar is too large for the U-bolt included. Also, the arm is probably too long for my desire.

Do you have a suggestion?

thanks,
Pete
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #128
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,912
Just want to give props to GPSCity on how helpful they are. I wnated to get the latest CNNA and a lifetime card but was a little confused on exactly what to order. They were very helpful and knowledgeable and got me what I needed at an excellent price, and it was delivered very quickly. They are my "go to" place for GPS stuff now.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #129
KodiakRS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post
PS. I had to recently exclude one SKU from the ADvrider RAM discount code (RAM-B-189U-TAB3 with HyperJuice batteries). If anyone needs one, let me know. We have already severely discounted this in item to help out the ALPA, but someone seems to have taken the code that was only for ADVriders and shared it with another forum, which is resulting in unsustainable double-dipping. I'm keeping the code active, I just need to make sure it doesn't pop up all over the place
Hahahahaha, I guess you didn't realize that airline pilots are cheap bastards. Do I get an exception if I can prove that my registration date on ADV rider pre-dates my hire date at a certain regional airline?*

*Who am I kidding, I'm a first officer at a regional airline, there's no way I can afford an iPad, or the mount.
KodiakRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #130
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

I can always grant an exception for true members of the forum

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakRS View Post
Hahahahaha, I guess you didn't realize that airline pilots are cheap bastards. Do I get an exception if I can prove that my registration date on ADV rider pre-dates my hire date at a certain regional airline?*

*Who am I kidding, I'm a first officer at a regional airline, there's no way I can afford an iPad, or the mount.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #131
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
GPScity,

Any word on the Spot Gen3's? I pre-ordered it through your site. I had it preordered via REI, and they canceled my preorder yesterday, I did not realize you supported this site, so ordered it through you instead.

I have a trip coming up in Aug i'd really like to have it on. Any update would rock.

Thx!
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #132
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Funny you should ask - SPOT called me yesterday to let me know that these have been released and are shipping this week. Our rep was ecstatic, as I think he'd run out of ways to apologize for missing another shipping deadline.

We should see them start hitting the warehouse on Friday, but at the latest on Monday. There are a few pre-order spots still open, so you'll get one of the first. Thanks!

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax View Post
GPScity,

Any word on the Spot Gen3's? I pre-ordered it through your site. I had it preordered via REI, and they canceled my preorder yesterday, I did not realize you supported this site, so ordered it through you instead.

I have a trip coming up in Aug i'd really like to have it on. Any update would rock.

Thx!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #133
sintax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post
Funny you should ask - SPOT called me yesterday to let me know that these have been released and are shipping this week. Our rep was ecstatic, as I think he'd run out of ways to apologize for missing another shipping deadline.

We should see them start hitting the warehouse on Friday, but at the latest on Monday. There are a few pre-order spots still open, so you'll get one of the first. Thanks!

G
Awesome.

Good doing business with you sir.

Please continue to support the site =)

-Scott
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #134
4Rider
Dedicated Lurker

Oddometer: 164
GPS City Customer Service

OK, if you are still on the fence about doing business with GPS City here is yet another example of why they get all my business:

We are leaving in a week for a 14-day trip. Last night my son decided to upgrade from my old 60 series Garmin to a Montana. He went on the GPSCity website and ordered the Montana bundle using the ADV discount code. Because of our pending trip, instead of using the standard free-shipping, he "upgraded" to two-day shipping.

This morning first thing a rep from GPS City called him about his order, told him that the order was ready to ship, and reminded him that, because of our location in the State next to Nevada the standard no-charge shipping would arrive overnight. The rep suggested that they refund the upgraded shipping cost to his card, and send the order out standard-shipping as it would arrive just as fast as the upgraded shipping.

Nice. But think about it. Mike placed his order on-line well after business hours. The next day an actual live employee is preparing the order for shipping, realizes that the upgraded shipping is both superfluous and expensive, and takes the time to call the customer to make a change that benefits the customer.

Customer service. Looking out for the customer. Call it whatever you like, this is why we give our business to GPSCity.

4Rider screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 02:59 PM Reason: clarify
4Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #135
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 795
I just placed another order. It's never anything big, but it's nice to have it all be so easy to find. plus reviews, videos, q&a. Great site.
studad is offline   Reply With Quote