ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #316
Speedster
Gizmo Slut
 
Speedster's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Helena, MT
Oddometer: 425
Bump for a great product. A friend asked about them, so I had to search for the thread. Love these things!
__________________
Give 'er, eh!

03 Dakar, 04 CRF450R, 14 Ski Doo Summit X 800, 07 Summit X 800, 00 Mountain Max, Foes Fly, Rocky Mountain Altitude 770MSL, Giant STP, Bianchi Giro, wife
Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #317
Roadie
2-Wheels Rule
 
Roadie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Nor-Cal
Oddometer: 162
Just re-ordered as mine were getting kind of dirty and I had given some away. For long term use - like sleeping, there's nothing as comfy as these wax plugs.

I do find that on very cold days they take quite a while to get soft enough to insert and on very warm days they can get sticky and will easily stick to my helmet when I'm putting it on.

As others have said the small case sucks and doesn't last as long as the plugs do.
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #318
Mtl_Biker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mtl_Biker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Oddometer: 390
Poor Customer Support

Based on the glowing reviews here, on June 27th I ordered a batch of these things. I got an order confirmation email from them the same day.

Today's the 16th of July, and I still haven't received them.

I sent the company an email (reply to their order confirmation) on Friday, early in the day and haven't gotten any response from them.

I just called them on the 800 number listed on the order confirmation email and they said they're just an outside sales organization, but that they "would try" to get in touch with the company to see what happened to my order.

Not a lot of money (US$42.85) but geez, they should be more responsive.

Looks like the fellow who started this thread and was so helpful to everyone has moved on elsewhere.

SIGH
__________________
#6 2011 BMW K1300GT (sold)
#7 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (sold)
#8 2013 BMW F800GS Kalamata Metallic
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #319
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic
 
PFFOG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
Oddometer: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl_Biker View Post
Based on the glowing reviews here, on June 27th I ordered a batch of these things. I got an order confirmation email from them the same day.

Today's the 16th of July, and I still haven't received them.

I sent the company an email (reply to their order confirmation) on Friday, early in the day and haven't gotten any response from them.

I just called them on the 800 number listed on the order confirmation email and they said they're just an outside sales organization, but that they "would try" to get in touch with the company to see what happened to my order.

Not a lot of money (US$42.85) but geez, they should be more responsive.

Looks like the fellow who started this thread and was so helpful to everyone has moved on elsewhere.

SIGH



Just reordered a set from Amazon came in a week.

http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Finest-...best+ear+plugs
__________________
Tuscany 2010
Maritime Alps and Vosges

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #320
Mtl_Biker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mtl_Biker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Oddometer: 390
They just called me back, so at least they're not ignoring me. They say my order shipped via mail on June 28th. No way to trace it. The 4th holiday may have delayed it a bit, but if my order doesn't arrive by the end of this week (making it 3 weeks) I'll take steps to get the charges cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
Just reordered a set from Amazon came in a week.

http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Finest-...best+ear+plugs
__________________
#6 2011 BMW K1300GT (sold)
#7 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (sold)
#8 2013 BMW F800GS Kalamata Metallic
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #321
RideAbout
Mentally Retired
 
RideAbout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl_Biker View Post
They just called me back, so at least they're not ignoring me. They say my order shipped via mail on June 28th. No way to trace it. The 4th holiday may have delayed it a bit, but if my order doesn't arrive by the end of this week (making it 3 weeks) I'll take steps to get the charges cancelled.
Just reading the writing on the wall leads me to believe the Original Poster has lost interest in this project. Their last post was early in 2011.... they've probably moved onto other "hot" projects and this gets relegated to the neighbor kid filling orders out of the garage.

But I could be wrong....
__________________
"Don't turn the Earth into a shit-hole like Uranus!"
West - "Oeste Sanchez"
RideAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #322
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic
 
PFFOG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
Oddometer: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
Just reading the writing on the wall leads me to believe the Original Poster has lost interest in this project. Their last post was early in 2011.... they've probably moved onto other "hot" projects and this gets relegated to the neighbor kid filling orders out of the garage.

But I could be wrong....
I PMed the OP before I ordered, and he is not affiliated with them any more, so I went to Amazon.
__________________
Tuscany 2010
Maritime Alps and Vosges

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 AM   #323
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC
 
RTinNC's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
Just reading the writing on the wall leads me to believe the Original Poster has lost interest in this project. Their last post was early in 2011.... they've probably moved onto other "hot" projects and this gets relegated to the neighbor kid filling orders out of the garage.

But I could be wrong....
__________________
Ed Apelian
All it takes is an open road and an open mind!


2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #324
JTT
Beastly Adventurer
 
JTT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Halifax, NS
Oddometer: 1,518
As an update, I ordered a sample pair of these from the manufacturer. After 3 weeks having not received anything (granted I am in Canukistan) I contacted them via email. Got a response within 24 hrs! They admitted to having some shipper related issues and asked politely if I would standby a little bit longer. Low and behold they arrived within about 4 days of last contact.

After a quick test, I can say I am very impressed. FAR better than any foamie plugs I've used (and I work in the workplace safety business so have tried most all out there), and as good as my fancy custom fitted ones...and possibly more comfortable, although I will have to test in a few LONG back to back days in the saddle to confirm this one.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #325
jfslater98
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Oddometer: 265
Are these plugs sold on Amazon? A search on these there comes up with what appears to be similar products, but they're sold by "World's Finest Mighty Plugs" and the packaging calls them Mighty Plugs. Sorry if this has been covered already. Thanks.
jfslater98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #326
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic
 
PFFOG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
Oddometer: 2,002
Here: http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Finest-...best+ear+plugs

Also available in 24 packs : http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Finest-...ref=pd_sim_a_4
__________________
Tuscany 2010
Maritime Alps and Vosges

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #327
CascadeRider
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 1
Ordered a set just now from Amazon. I can't wait!
CascadeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #328
MoodyGS
Going round the bend
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Monte Nido, Santa Monica mountains, Californiay
Oddometer: 145
Should I cancel my order?

Just ordered these plugs via their site before stumbling across the more recent posts indicating poor customer service/delivery.
Should I cancel this order and place a second order on E Bey?
Stephen
MoodyGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #329
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982
 
switchback's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyGS View Post
Just ordered these plugs via their site before stumbling across the more recent posts indicating poor customer service/delivery.
Should I cancel this order and place a second order on E Bey?
Stephen
I have ordered from their site twice with no issue.
__________________
David

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #330
dlr328
n00b
 
dlr328's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 2
i just ordered a set throught the website, hopefully they show up....
dlr328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014