ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #136
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!
 
laramie LC4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Tucson, Az
Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Prizes have been shipped!

awesome. cant wait.

my head hurts from reading so much today about MAP's and tuning. superduke.net has ton's of info and lot's of custom work. not sure if it's the same for my bike but i sure have learned a lot...

laters,

laramie
__________________
DON'T TRUST CUT 7! HE IS A CROOK! ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #137
Steamer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: California/Oregon
Oddometer: 11
My vote

Laramie Lc4 for all of the generous help he has provided other riders.
Steamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #138
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
awesome. cant wait.

my head hurts from reading so much today about MAP's and tuning. superduke.net has ton's of info and lot's of custom work. not sure if it's the same for my bike but i sure have learned a lot...

laters,

laramie
The tuning processes will be exactly the same as say, a Super Duke. Just different values for different bikes. That's the beauty of KTM, they just make the same part over and over and use it on everything. I have heard they make one twist throttle tube only, and it goes on everything.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #139
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!
 
laramie LC4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Tucson, Az
Oddometer: 2,323
got a box in the mail yesterday...



SAS plates and pre-filter are on there way as well.

thanks again!

laramie
__________________
DON'T TRUST CUT 7! HE IS A CROOK! ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #140
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Laramie, you should see the Pre Filters and SAS plates tomorrow!
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #141
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer
 
speedmonkey7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Oddometer: 336
I can't wait to see the install and tune laramie!

@CPR I'm sure you've answered this before, but how does your system handle deep water crossings compared to stock? It seems like water might be able to get up around the engine and sucked in a lot easier. That's my only concern with going this route. Everything else seems very positive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Speedmonkey7

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #142
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey7 View Post
I can't wait to see the install and tune laramie!

@CPR I'm sure you've answered this before, but how does your system handle deep water crossings compared to stock? It seems like water might be able to get up around the engine and sucked in a lot easier. That's my only concern with going this route. Everything else seems very positive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
You can't really have your cake and eat it too in the intake world. Occasional splashing is just fine and rain is not a problem either, but this is an open filter element and deeeeep water stuff above the carbs / throttle bodies is not recommended. You lose a few inches of water crossing depth to gain the 10 horsepower they provide. This is just fine for 99% of the ADV community. So, up to the knees is just fine.

On the plus side, they make so much horsepower you may now be able to hydroplane across now so win - win.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #143
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer
 
speedmonkey7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Oddometer: 336
OK, that's pretty much what I figured. Knee deep should be OK for most of what I do. If I decide to do a jungle/sub-marine trip I can swap back to the stock box I suppose! Just a thought, has anyone built their own splash guards or such to be able to divert a little more water, or would any of that cut down on airflow again?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Speedmonkey7

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #144
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey7 View Post
OK, that's pretty much what I figured. Knee deep should be OK for most of what I do. If I decide to do a jungle/sub-marine trip I can swap back to the stock box I suppose! Just a thought, has anyone built their own splash guards or such to be able to divert a little more water, or would any of that cut down on airflow again?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
You can make splash guards just fine. We have some things in the works for the guys wanting that. The air pulls from so many spots its negligible.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #145
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer
 
speedmonkey7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
You can make splash guards just fine. We have some things in the works for the guys wanting that. The air pulls from so many spots its negligible.
Cool! That's all I needed to know, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Speedmonkey7

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #146
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Wanting to make sure everyone has received their prizes. Laramie, your pre filter and SAS plate should show up today.

2nd and 3rd places should have your prizes as well.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #147
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!
 
laramie LC4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Tucson, Az
Oddometer: 2,323
Cool. Can't wait to get home.

laramie
__________________
DON'T TRUST CUT 7! HE IS A CROOK! ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #148
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!
 
laramie LC4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Tucson, Az
Oddometer: 2,323
now the set-up is complete.



thanks again for the opportunity to use the product. can't wait to get it done. still doing a little research on the MAPPING, but promise to document everything i do so that it can serve as a guide for others who may want to buy this system.

laters,

laramie
__________________
DON'T TRUST CUT 7! HE IS A CROOK! ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #149
CPRFAB OP
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
now the set-up is complete.



thanks again for the opportunity to use the product. can't wait to get it done. still doing a little research on the MAPPING, but promise to document everything i do so that it can serve as a guide for others who may want to buy this system.

laters,

laramie
We are absolutely thrilled that the kit went to someone so revered for his help on this forum. That is certainly the great part about our job! Looking forward to the build up process and we certainly thank you for that.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #150
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!
 
laramie LC4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Tucson, Az
Oddometer: 2,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Wanting to make sure everyone has received their prizes. Laramie, your pre filter and SAS plate should show up today.

2nd and 3rd places should have your prizes as well.

wow. no one else has posted up a thank you for their stuff? i assume they got it?

well, i'm still tickled pink. thanks again.

laramie
__________________
DON'T TRUST CUT 7! HE IS A CROOK! ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014