Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #301
globalpilot4 OP
GSPilot4

Oddometer: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65bmwr50 View Post
They had a link to Charlie's web-site about a ride in Africa this year. You follow the link and he has a link to this report on his page. Pretty cool.
I must admit that I am stoked to hear that Charley is posting links to my videos and RR. This RR has been a labor of love, albeit a very time consuming endeavor, and it is a great feeling to know that people are enjoying the reports. It is amazing how much time and effort people put into their ride reports. I have nothing but respect for all of you who share your adventures with all of us. Each RR is the realization of some individuals dream, and I love going along for the virtual ride. Thank you for following "my ride."

Globalpilot4
Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #302
feldjäger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Global, like the RR, and think its awesome you got a chance to ride to Africa like that. Hope to get to meet you in Flagstaff at the EXPO.
feldjäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #303
MatthewC
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalpilot4 View Post
I must admit that I am stoked to hear that Charley is posting links to my videos and RR. This RR has been a labor of love, albeit a very time consuming endeavor, and it is a great feeling to know that people are enjoying the reports. It is amazing how much time and effort people put into their ride reports. I have nothing but respect for all of you who share your adventures with all of us. Each RR is the realization of some individuals dream, and I love going along for the virtual ride. Thank you for following "my ride."

Globalpilot4
Maybe this is an opportunity. With a high enough hit rate you should be able to negotiate a discount or possibly even a role as a guide on your next trip. The free advertising has to be appreciated by any tour organiser.
MatthewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #304
globalpilot4 OP
GSPilot4

Oddometer: 111
Totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
Maybe this is an opportunity. With a high enough hit rate you should be able to negotiate a discount or possibly even a role as a guide on your next trip. The free advertising has to be appreciated by any tour organiser.
I still talk with Su and John at Motoaventures and they are extremely appreciative of the RR and videos. So much that they have links to both on their website. http://www.motoaventures-touring.com/ They run a top notch tour company and I plan to ride with them again on a Moroccan tour.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #305
WilliamSven
samobilemechanic.com

Oddometer: 24
Tonight, Charlie signed my GS Touratech luggage at Twin Elm Guest Ranch in Bandera area. They are there for a couple more nights at least. Weds and maybe thurs fri too.

They mentioned that weds night ( July 18th ) they will be at 11th street Cowboy Bar for Steak night, and horse & steer riding.

That is all the information I have. They went on to tell me about some Austin schedule evolving the middle of nowhere and steer roping' old fashoned style. for the new series, Extreme Frontiers, You can find them on facebook & twitter n stuff.

There will prob be a GS1150, a KTM990, & a Transalp in front of the place next to Charlies & Russ's new 2013 Bmw GS.

WilliamSven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #306
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,572
Charlie looks like he's had a few too many meat pies

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSven View Post

Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #307
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
Charlie looks like he's had a few too many meat pies
No such thing as to many pies...
Old 07-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #308
joshuasam400
Highway Thumper

Oddometer: 5
Beautiful RR Champ... Spend 3 hrs straight reading from Page 1 and reached all the way here... Relished every bit of this log... Wish I could send a Crate of Windhoek Lager all the way from India ... Keep going buddy, Good one
joshuasam400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #309
WilliamSven
samobilemechanic.com

Oddometer: 24
It was only a rumor from a friend / rider ( they could not even make the long drive ) to where the campsite would be.
They were traveling so much there was very little time for them to update full details, or they had opted not to. .
I decided to leave work right away and gear up and head out. I got to the guest ranch maybe 90 minutes before sunset. I was going very slow on my GS up the driveway, looking about..
I saw in the distance some vans, and a group of people centered around a small campfire and a very old style band. I drove up as slow as my 1st gear would let me.
I spot Russ & the camera crew walking towards me as I get closer to a parking area near a stagecoach, a huge bbq, a small picnic table full of things & the vans.
Russ and crew explained to me they came over because well, you just dont hear the sound of a GS anywhere around there in the middle of nowhere, Texas... and the Two GS that the guys were on, were parked.. so who could it be on another GS ?
I started talking to Russ, the Women that were running the Extreme Frontiers event for San Antonio. I handed them all the locally brewed beer bottles I brought with me. They started filming me, and asking me how I found them. It was a bit of detective work.

This photo below was the clue on finding them.
Only having a couple hours notice as well, made it a bit of a rush to get 50 miles outside of town, and still meet them at a reasonable hour.
For many more photos of the current adventure Charlie & Russ are on, look up Extreme Frontiers USA on facebook or where ever you may twit or whatever.

WilliamSven is offline   Reply With Quote