ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 02:34 AM   #5326
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 5,116
And a quick video.....

__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #5327
TanMcG
Adventurer
 
TanMcG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 47
Wow! Looks like fun

Yet another item to add to my fast growing list of places/activities I simply MUST experience!

What an amazing adventure you are having.
TanMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #5328
MRED
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 155
Thanks for all your pictures of Queensland and the reef. I learned to dive out of Cairns in 1964 and loved living in OZ. ENJOY your ride.
__________________
Mr. Ed's Moto aka Don
Custom Seat Builder Since 1965
Premier Motogear of Oregon
Rev'It! Dealer since 2003
http://www.mredsmoto.com/mredsmoto.htm
MRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #5329
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanMcG View Post
Yet another item to add to my fast growing list of places/activities I simply MUST experience!
Yes you must.
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #5330
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRED View Post
Thanks for all your pictures of Queensland and the reef. I learned to dive out of Cairns in 1964 and loved living in OZ. ENJOY your ride.
. Glad you can relive a bit of your own past. It is a much different place than back in the 60's.
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #5331
R-W
Gnarly Adventurer
 
R-W's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Oddometer: 281
Mark, you are looking like a pro in your dive pics. You made PADI proud.

(my PADI cert is also 20 years old)

Cheers mate!
R-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #5332
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: N. ILL.
Oddometer: 461
Padi

I have no idea where my PADI card is now I will have to look for it. I got certified in 1968, wow hard to believe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by R-W View Post
Mark, you are looking like a pro in your dive pics. You made PADI proud.

(my PADI cert is also 20 years old)

Cheers mate!
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #5333
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-W View Post
You made PADI proud.

[/FONT]
I survived The first plunge and decent was a bit awkward as I was figuring it all back out. But then it all came back. Good training and the dive boat had great people helping out and very good about helping you out!!
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #5334
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 5,116
Returned to Land

Couple days diving was tiring for sure. I was looking forward to being back on land, and getting a few logistics done. On this type of trip there is always something that one needs to consider, plan for and take care of while you have the right time and place.

First was to switch out my front tire. Currently7 was TKC 80 with about 9K miles... and I knew it would not make it across to Perth. I had called ahead to CJ at Wayne Leonard Motorcycles and he had the tire I wanted on hand.



Actually when I first arrived, he did not have the exact tire, but then a shipment arrived :) Glad I had called ahead to give him some warning!



Parked the bike on the sidewalk, and took off the front wheel. Just had them switch it out!



New tyre mounted. Mitas E-07 should be good for the conditions ahead



Then I got my MedJet renewed, and a couple other logistics for later on in my journey. Also got some time to relax and rest up!!
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #5335
Russ
.
 
Russ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 16,808
Great looking trip out to the reef
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #5336
MKJ
Married w/ Children
 
MKJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Upland, CA
Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Couple days diving was tiring for sure. I was looking forward to being back on land, and getting a few logistics done. On this type of trip there is always something that one needs to consider, plan for and take care of while you have the right time and place.

First was to switch out my front tire. Currently7 was TKC 80 with about 9K miles... and I knew it would not make it across to Perth. I had called ahead to CJ at Wayne Leonard Motorcycles and he had the tire I wanted on hand.



Actually when I first arrived, he did not have the exact tire, but then a shipment arrived :) Glad I had called ahead to give him some warning!



Parked the bike on the sidewalk, and took off the front wheel. Just had them switch it out!



New tyre mounted. Mitas E-07 should be good for the conditions ahead



Then I got my MedJet renewed, and a couple other logistics for later on in my journey. Also got some time to relax and rest up!!
Well done!
MKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #5337
R-W
Gnarly Adventurer
 
R-W's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Oddometer: 281
Mark, I will be curious to know how you like the Mitas front tire.

Please give us your thoughts after some use time.

Ride on R Man!

R-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #5338
Eric66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Diddillibah, Sunshine Coast
Oddometer: 321
Hi Mark,are you going up the coast road to Port Douglas, a real nice ride.Also Mossman Gorge is worth a look and a swim.Have fun!!!!!
Regards Eric
Eric66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #5339
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric66 View Post
Hi Mark,are you going up the coast road to Port Douglas, a real nice ride.Also Mossman Gorge is worth a look and a swim.Have fun!!!!!
Regards Eric
Tomorrow Am ... riding north to Port D, and Cape tribe. Should be a fun weekend riding before I ride west!!
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #5340
Radioman OP
Moto rider
 
Radioman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: HOME (at least for now)
Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDADVGS View Post
Great looking trip out to the reef
to you and Nyree! The second day was definitely better weather and by then, I was in the swing of the diving. The first day was surprisingly exhausting But I was not the only one. Others on the overnight boat were the feeling the same, at half my age
__________________
Chapter 3 of my life...... with Faith, Hope and Courage!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 07-18-2013 at 12:52 AM
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015