User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #16
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Thanks and here are a few more pictures

Thanks for the great links and wonderful photos guys. i am up early this morning, as always, and here are a few more pictures from yesterday

I was halfway between Calais Me and Bangor, Me on a Rte 9, also known as "The Airline" I met three guys on Harleys from Sherbrook Quebec while I was taking a break in the shade. They were headed to, of all places, Shediac. They were glad to find out they only had 400k left to go in the heat.

Here is a picture of Tom and Terry

Tom and I have been riding together for years and we met Terry through ADVrider. Terry has a Trans Lab Trip coming up the end of August.

Tom's wife, Cindy took this picture of Tom, Terry and I, ready to go

And I forgot to include a picture of Lowrider_Bud's ride from Texas to Shediac and back, Bud's KLR

Before I left home I made an appointment for an oil change at Bentley's KTM in Murrysville, PA. They were very accommodating over the phone. They say they will look after me when ever I get there but I am shooting for a 10AM Thursday appointment. Their shop is a mile from my friend's Bill & Lisa's house in Export, PA. That's pretty lucky.

I called Bentley's last night when I got to my friends in NH to ask if they can put a new Pirelli Scorpion on the rear for me. Mine is getting used up. It was quitting time and I left them a message. I hope that works out, as they are closed today. I'll worry about it when I get there.

Talk to you from PA

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 07-17-2013 at 03:35 AM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #17
Lowrider_Bud
I'll ride anything..

Oddometer: 20
I'm IN!

Looking forward to following this Superior Ride report. The new KTM looks awesome. Can't believe its already used up a rear tire. Must be a problem between the right grip and the seat. hahaha. Thanks for posting the pictures of my ol' Pack Mule. She's ready for another adventure.

Safe travels, Bud...
Lowrider_Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #18
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,972
Damn
You've sucked me in again
Have fun and ride safe
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #19
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,772
If I weren't heading on a KLR trip to the black hills this week I would ride to Thunder Bay and buy u a beer. Enjoy the trip, looks like decent wx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame spelling mistakes on autocorrect
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Dwight:

Sorry for being MIA, no Internet for a couple of days and I'm half ironbutting to get to PA tonight, so another 500 mile day today. Starting tomorrow I will slow down to smell the roses

Have oil change booked at Kissell Motorsports Thursday. Will be staying in Bellefonte PA

Hope to cross paths soon

Ride safe

Bob

current RR --> click here
bESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
RexBuck
Banned

Oddometer: 1,007
Hey Dee White

Thanks for doing the Ride Reports of your North America trips - it's great seeing what stuff on the other side of the country looks like. I never think of doing Ride Reports for the nearby stuff - have to change that.

Will also be interested in your comments on your Wolfman bags after you get back.
RexBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #22
Kedgi OP
Banned

Export PA

Good morning from Export Pennsylvania. Long ride yesterday, 1000 kms in the heat wave. I saw temperatures as high as 37C yesterday.

My route took me through Keene, NH, Albany, NY then down to the I 80, I passed through Altoona Pa and saw a gorgeous sunset as I rode rte 220 from State College down to Export.

I was really happy to see and have a chance to visit with my friends, Bill and Lisa, last night. I was glad to be finished a long day spent mostly just trying to make the miles required to get where I want to see.

This morning I have an appointment for an oil change .. The KTM worked flawlessly yesterday, it deserves some TLC after two long days in staggering heat.

More Later

Kedgi
Old 07-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #23
Kedgi OP
Banned

Pennsylvania

It seems I crossed paths with Bob "Pink Crocs in Search of Lobsters" RR, yesterday evening. I see from his spot locator he is in Bellefonte PA this morning, a couple hours behind me.

Here are a couple pictures of my friends, Bill and Lisa's, place in Export, PA, I shot this morning.

What a nice place!

I am happy to hang out here while I get the oil change done this morning. It's a refreshing break after 14 hours riding in sometimes staggering heat yesterday.

I didn't shoot too many pictures yesterday, I do have a couple I will download and post later. Yesterday was mostly about making miles on the slab.

The ride however down from State College through Altoona to Export yesterday evening was beautiful. A gorgeous sunset, cooler, if you can call 30 degrees cooler, temperatures and wonderful layers of the Allegeny mountains in every shade of blue, it was spectacular. I was on the Route 202 which is Interstate like, determined to make time, and unable to stop and get a picture safely, unfortunately but Western PA is very pretty.

Kedgi
Old 07-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #24
Sinbad
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Sidecars and more

Hi Dwight. glad to see you are having a nice ride. Great to catch up the other day at Tom's .The next time it will have to be over a beer for sure. Here is the link to the sidecar shop that I was telling you about http://www.sidecarsandmore.com/index.html
Go and have a talk with Ed sometime great guy and a amazing collection. Take care ride safe Jim
Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #25
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
Hi Dwight. glad to see you are having a nice ride. Great to catch up the other day at Tom's .The next time it will have to be over a beer for sure. Here is the link to the sidecar shop that I was telling you about http://www.sidecarsandmore.com/index.html
Go and have a talk with Ed sometime great guy and a amazing collection. Take care ride safe Jim
It was great to see you Jim. Thanks for the link

Dwight
Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #26
Kedgi OP
Banned

Still in Export

Good Morning from Export PA

I am still staying with my friends Bill and Lisa in Export PA.

When I took my bike in for the oil change the tech at Bentleys discovered an oil leak.

He was looking into the issue when I left there at noon yesterday. At first it appeared it might be a head gasket issue, but as he took the oil reservoir off to get a better look he didn't think that was it.

There was nothing visble to indicate any problem when I was riding, oil level was good, no visible leak, it only became apparent, that there was a problem, as he removed the bodywork panels to change the oil.

I called Toys for Big Boys in Moncton to tell them and Frank got right back to me. It's all covered under my Canadian Warranty and I expect I'll find out today what the problem is.

I feel like I am in very good hands. Ken the tech at Bentleys is a friend of my friend Bill. Ken has been a Moto mechanic for many years. I am glad my new bike has continued the tradition started by my last bike, Trusty, to only have mechanical issue while within spitting distance of a dealership.

I took a few pictures but haven't downloaded them yet. Had a great time yesterday enjoying the pool in this amazingly hot weather. I had my favorite supper, Corn on the cob along with some wonderful homemade pizza, done on the grill. I gotta tell ya, Pennsylvania sweet corn is some of the best corn I have ever tasted. Last time I remember having corn so good it was Index corn from Washington State.

It's all good.

Kedgi

Kedgi
Old 07-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #27
Kedgi OP
Banned

Repairs (photos)

Here are some pics from yesterday at Bentley's

Ken, the technician

What Ken found

I expect Ken will know more about what's causing the leak today.

Kedgi
Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #28
VictoryRider
n00b

Oddometer: 5
When you make it to Duluth, I recommend Amazing Grace in Canal Park/Duluth for breakfast or lunch. Russ Kendal's Smokehouse, Knife River (Scenic 61) for sugar smoked trout. Nice rock shop in Two Harbors. Angry Trout Cafe and World's Best Donuts, Grand Marais. And, Chicago Bay Marketplace-Bakery in Hovland. Had fresh caramel rolls out of the oven on recent ride around Lake Superior with hot chocolate.
VictoryRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #29
RexBuck
Banned

Oddometer: 1,007
Ah man, that's the last thing you want to deal with in the middle of a trip. Hopefully it will be something simple like hot weather riding causing a very small amount of even hotter oil to be pushed out the crankcase breather and making a mess . . . . . like on my Harley.

Hope you are back on the road soon.
RexBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #30
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRider View Post
When you make it to Duluth, I recommend Amazing Grace in Canal Park/Duluth for breakfast or lunch. Russ Kendal's Smokehouse, Knife River (Scenic 61) for sugar smoked trout. Nice rock shop in Two Harbors. Angry Trout Cafe and World's Best Donuts, Grand Marais. And, Chicago Bay Marketplace-Bakery in Hovland. Had fresh caramel rolls out of the oven on recent ride around Lake Superior with hot chocolate.
Thanks for the tips.

One place I really want to try is the Anchor Bar in Superior WI. It was featured on the TV Show, Diners Drive Ins and Dives for it's outstanding hamburgers.