Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #4051
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
i havent moved the set screw at all so its screwed right in, i've got a few mm free play in the clutch lever before it bites but i've also got large hands.

when i took the bike out for the first time after setting it up cold, once the bike warmed up the clutch was slipping so i had to back out the push rod a fair amount, getting the balance completely right will take a couple more rides i think though as i was getting quite a bit of creep with the clutch in.
Hmmmm...wonder if there is something I am missing. With my bike warmed the clutch doesn't engage until the lever is about an inch and a half from the bar. That is adjusted in as far as the set screw will go.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #4052
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
What's a "clutch lever"? (Happy Rekluse Core EXP user)
I hear ya. Bought one for my Honda, got the Berg, and now the Honda is for sale without ever using the rekluse. $65 is a lot cheaper than $950 though. Trade you? Lol.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #4053
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
creep ....

anyone got any suggestions for solving my bike creep with the clutch in? i've bled the clutch through and replaced the slave unit while i was at it for a sigutech unit i had sat in my box. Bike doesnt stall if i sit with the brake on and the clutch in, but with the engine off and the clutch pulled in the bike will hardly move. any thoughts for what next?

thanks

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #4054
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,206
Quote:
anyone got any suggestions for solving my bike creep with the clutch in?
my berg did this from brand new. two KTM EXCs had the same issue, and a pile of kato riders i know report the same thing. apparently the way to solve it is buy a japanese bike? if it's worse than normal though then the clutch basket could be notched and need a bit of filing to straighten things up again. nice little step by step guide here.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #4055
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
my cold start creep went away when I switched to Motorex 4t oil... dam expensive though.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #4056
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
That is super low miles for so little mulah!

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3925194886.html

No affiliation...
Saw a nice clean looking 2010 450 on the CL here in Vermont too...also not mine

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #4057
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 961
Thumb 2009 570fe

Sorry did not read every post or know much about bergs.
I am looking at getting a 09 570FE. Is this bike road legal? It does not have lights signals etc and I know I have to get them. But after that is the ownership say it is road worthy or just an off road bike? Then if so what is the best way to hook up lights etc..
Thanks

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #4058
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
I am looking at getting a 09 570FE. Is this bike road legal? It does not have lights signals etc and I know I have to get them. But after that is the ownership say it is road worthy or just an off road bike? Then if so what is the best way to hook up lights etc..
Thanks
There's only been reports of success from people buying the DOT approved items and plugging them into their 570s and getting street registered, even in California. Just read through the must have list for your state and bolt those on.
People around here will fail inspection due to things like non-DOT lights, missing plate light, no rear brake light switch, etc.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #4059
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
W where they get the 50% reduction in pull is beyond me, if anything it feels slightly heavier than stock. maybe their figures are for a different model, my scales read it as a 10lb pull back to the bar. if i'm bored one day i'll put the stock unit back on and measure that
ok i need to eat my words, put the old lever back on just to test my clutch with that just in case (creep when hot was worse with the oem lever tbh) and the old lever measured 16lb pull so a reduction of 6lb on the pull is pretty good really.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #4060
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,555
i did that with the SE. there's a very good chance i might repeat that performance with the 570.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
further proof that if you find a comfortable pair of shoes that fits you should buy 8 pair then and there because next year they will change them on you so they no longer fit
Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #4061
SmileyRider
With lots of Teeth

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Thanks
In ontario the bike must have a green ownership. If the ownership is grey than you cannot make it street legal.
Some of the fe570s did come street legal in ontario, but some people may not have wanted it street legal and opted to just have an offroad ownership.
Ensure it has the correct ownership before purchasing it
SmileyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #4062
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 961
Question Green vs gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyRider View Post
In ontario the bike must have a green ownership. If the ownership is grey than you cannot make it street legal.
Some of the fe570s did come street legal in ontario, but some people may not have wanted it street legal and opted to just have an offroad ownership.
Ensure it has the correct ownership before purchasing it
Ok thanks for the heads up on that. The bike is regenerated in Alberta right now as an off road bike. It only had a headlight right now have to add tail light etc to it for inspection I assume. Any idea on ownerships in Alberta vs Ontario????
Thanks

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #4063
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,283
Quote:
Thanks
Depends on the state. Here in Vermont I just had to install all of the appropriate lights and a horn (berg is prewired for them) and then go to a moto dealer where they give it a look over, fill out a form, and then you take that form to the DVM to register it. We have no emmissions currently in Vermont and much easier titling rules. I only had an MSO...but combined with the moto shop form I was good to go.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #4064
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Question Radiator brace

What's a good radiator brace for the Berg 390 with fan kit?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #4065
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdirtbikerider View Post
What's a good radiator brace for the Berg 390 with fan kit?
These worked well for me with the OEM fan on my FE390

https://www.bulletproofdesigns.com/p...or-guards.html
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote