Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #19636
DaveyMac
AARP Trail Rider

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycager View Post
What size wolfman tank bag is that? Looks bigger than what I usually see on these. Wouldn't mind finding one to stash a 5" 1911 in.
Hi Rustycager, its a Enduro tank bag.
See it HERE But I don't think I paid that for it.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #19637
spklbuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws View Post
Rippoff.. I would pay no more than $4000-$4500 for that year and mileage. SM is worth more as well. But if you go for older years you can find them for $3000 on average w/ less than 3000 miles. Where you live is also a factor and since I'm in CA the street legal dirt bikes are worth more $$. The E models are dirt cheap and I see them go for around $2k

Thank you Outlaws.

Folks here in WV are kinda fond of their dual sports as you can plainly see. I'll keep looking. No rush, just in heat!
spklbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #19638
tt100
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Hi, how about a real world review on those WolfMan side racks?

they seem nice for sure, but are they strong?

I drop my bike out on the trails every so often

Will they survive a drop, or will they bend?
I'm the wrong guy to review them. I just got the bike and haven't been off road yet. I bought Wolf man Monarch Pass bags and love them and the way they lash to the racks. The reason I bought the Monarch Pass bags instead of the waterproof comes is for durability. I've had Ortlieb dry bags not last across years and with the bags I have I can swap out cheap dry bag stuff sacks all day long. I use Exped dry bags for about $9 per from Sierra Trading Post
tt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #19639
kingrj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
I understood that only the kick-only model would do this ? different stator or signal generator or something ?

I know my s will run very poorly when I broke a battery terminal, and is very hard to bump start, needs 15-20mph to start.
Nope..the S model will run all day long with NO battery at all! It just doesn't run real good at low speeds and is hard to start...hence the good suggestion to use some capacitors. The reason I know this is I had a battery fail (open circuit) on me on the trail. Fortunately I was at the top of a hill and got it started..
kingrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #19640
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrj View Post
Nope..the S model will run all day long with NO battery at all! It just doesn't run real good at low speeds and is hard to start...hence the good suggestion to use some capacitors. The reason I know this is I had a battery fail (open circuit) on me on the trail. Fortunately I was at the top of a hill and got it started..
ok, thanks. I'm assuming the RR can handle dumping all that unused voltage with the battery too ?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #19641
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Wolfman bag rack

I too have the Wolfman Expedition bag rack setup. Most of my low speed get offs have been with the bags on with some stuff in them. A few falls have been with bare rack being stuffed into the soft terrain. They have held up well. And served me well on my recent travels down the Utah Backcountry Discovery Route and up the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route. My only complaint is that they don't align up well with the bag attachments so they have a sloppy pants look.
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #19642
Dirtbauer
KB

Oddometer: 138
Clarke Tank

I have 2002 DRZ 400. Is the Clarke tank a good one to go with?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtbauer1?feature=mhee
Dirtbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #19643
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,427
I'm buying the IMS. Actually returning the IMS for a smaller 3.2 gallon that allows the use of current radiator shrouds. The 4 gallon clear tank I have just purchased is just butt ugly big. A close freind went through hell with Clarke on a leaking tank. I will spend a few extra dollars for IMHO - a better tank - YMMV.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #19644
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
The 4 gallon clear tank I have just purchased is just butt ugly big.
"Butt ugly big" yeah it might be but you won't say that when u need that extra drop of fuel when in the middle of nowhere. IMS 4 gal can fill up over 4.5 gal easy. Also it size is convenient to throw in good size saddle bags they come handy in long trip. Imho...
Old 07-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #19645
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
I have the butt ugly 4 gal Clark tank. The Clark tank allows for the radiator shrouds to be mounted on the tank. I have no problem with the tank or it's lack of beauty. It's a dirt bike IMHO.
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #19646
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,331
i like my acerbis 4.0 gallon
Old 07-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #19647
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
I have the butt ugly 4 gal Clark tank. The Clark tank allows for the radiator shrouds to be mounted on the tank. I have no problem with the tank or it's lack of beauty. It's a dirt bike IMHO.
This.

I've got the 3.9 Clark as well, just haven't installed it yet.

Lots of very positive reviews on it. One thing I do read is to get a better cap for it, but that's not hard to do.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #19648
oldenuf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Clarke tank

Just installed the 4 gal. Clark. Ugly but good fit and finish. Really like the natural color and being able to see fuel level. Cap seems fine, just don't over tighten it, does not leak when barely tightened.

Art
oldenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #19649
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
I'm buying the IMS. Actually returning the IMS for a smaller 3.2 gallon that allows the use of current radiator shrouds. The 4 gallon clear tank I have just purchased is just butt ugly big. A close freind went through hell with Clarke on a leaking tank. I will spend a few extra dollars for IMHO - a better tank - YMMV.
The IMS 3.2 is a great tank, best aftermarket one IMO as far as looks, when i had one on my bike, it actually held 3.4 gallons +, i would get 170 miles then hit reserve, and out of fuel totally at 186+ miles, great range, and the tank fit like a glove.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #19650
bonekrusher
big jerk

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
The IMS 3.2 is a great tank, best aftermarket one IMO as far as looks, when i had one on my bike, it actually held 3.4 gallons +, i would get 170 miles then hit reserve, and out of fuel totally at 186+ miles, great range, and the tank fit like a glove.
I only get 185 miles to reserve on my Clarke 3.9.... must have some problem with my right wrist actuator.
bonekrusher is offline   Reply With Quote