Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #226
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Ordered a 690 fender yesterday. Thanks for the R&D on this. The hugger fender has been a concern of mine, and I have a big trip planned in October.

Right now I'm thinking I might try to keep the beak, use the back half of the KTM fender, and maybe utilize an extended brake line to tie up the cross over brake line out of the way.

I may end up eventually just putting the whole fender on and eliminating the beak, I dunno.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #227
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose View Post
Ordered a 690 fender yesterday. Thanks for the R&D on this. The hugger fender has been a concern of mine, and I have a big trip planned in October.

Right now I'm thinking I might try to keep the beak, use the back half of the KTM fender, and maybe utilize an extended brake line to tie up the cross over brake line out of the way.

I may end up eventually just putting the whole fender on and eliminating the beak, I dunno.
I am on the trial version of the half fender build. I already see a few changes I need to make, but I could make dublicates of the second prototype, if you are interested.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #228
JRose
Studly Adventurer

I'm always interested in your bike bling!

I'm fascinated with the CF work. I want to delve into it myself, just have to find the time and money to throw at all the materials and tools I need.

Jason
Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #229
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRose View Post
I'm always interested in your bike bling!

I'm fascinated with the CF work. I want to delve into it myself, just have to find the time and money to throw at all the materials and tools I need.

Jason
Ok....as I get back home, and work on the second gen. I will post it in the build thread.

Erling
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #230
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Ok....as I get back home, and work on the second gen. I will post it in the build thread.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #231
Joseph42s
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Whats new

1st: Amazing Build!

2nd: Whats new, where does it stand now?

3rd. Anyway to weigh your bike compared to a tourateche'd out one? I am curious of the weight savings. Besides the fact that it looks sick!
Joseph42s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #232
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
The weight savings would probably not amount to too much plus I have added additional weight with the camel tank. Not too much has changed since my last post. I put the camel tank on, added some bar risers and fiddled with the electronics. I will probably be putting on a 18inch tubeless rear shortly. I have mostly been putting miles on the bike.
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #233
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Old 02-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #234
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Haven't done too much over the winter, I finally assembled everything to put my Rox Risers on top of my Scotts bracket. Since I have heard that the risers like to get a little twisted if you go down I built a CF spacer that keeps them a little more sturdy.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #235
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
Haven't done too much over the winter, I finally assembled everything to put my Rox Risers on top of my Scotts bracket. Since I have heard that the risers like to get a little twisted if you go down I built a CF spacer that keeps them a little more sturdy.

That's at least 15 wedding rings.....

Erling
Old 02-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #236
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Well I am not into multiple wives so it will stay as a spacer, it is solid besides the core for the bolt and the aluminum sleeve. I will be drilling/tapping out three holes to run headset screws to secure the M8 bolt as well which is hubbed to the ends of the threads in the risers. It won't be immune to flex but definitely more rigid that it was before. Plus it looks cool! Now I just need to decide when I will tear off the fairings and run a new brake line and clutch cable.....
Old 03-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #237
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Upgrades

So I finally put my Rox Risers on last night, since I have these on top of a Scotts Damper I had to put longer clutch and brake cables to accommodate the added height. I had Motion Pro make a cable for myself and Erling since he donated one for the specs for Motion Pro and then I had spiegler make a custom brake line to go from the handlebar to the ABS interface. I also put in a new K&N airfilter. I had bought a few OEM replacements when I bought the bike and had no issue with them but like to minimalize waste so went with the K&N. All told I am very happy with the setup. It permits me to sit farther back on the Renazco seat and reduces my forward lean and makes it easier to stand up vertically.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #238
XRR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsow View Post
I may need to do this mod sooner than I thought,

Frikkin ice.
Where did u get that small black windscreen for the F800gs?
XRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #239
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Message the poster as opposed to cluttering a different post: answer is that it is a cut down wind screen that was spray painted.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #240
runnin4melife OP
Studly Adventurer

Completed risers (brakes were bled today). The combo with the Scotts Damper and riser work great at least regarding my 3 beer sit on the bike in the garage test drive. I purposely extended my cables in case I decide to put on larger risers but want to test these out first.